Diablo® III

Bug: Monk's Dashing Strike/Barbarian's Charge

Blizzard Employee
Thanks guys, we're working on it.
Reply Quote
Praise the high heavens; we got a blue response!
Reply Quote
Great to hear ! Thanks !
Reply Quote
Having this bug also happen to me on my barbarian. Its extreamly frustrating to bust your butt to get a five stack of NV, only to have to DC or log out of the game due to this bug Bizzard please look into this issue.

Enslaver
60(23) Barbarian
ML 6
Edited by ENSLAVER#1587 on 11/2/2012 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 04:06 PMPosted by harkamus
Praise the high heavens; we got a blue response!

Yeah that's really good to hear :-)
Reply Quote
This bug isn't that bad when playing in a party, but boy is it nasty to have this happen playing solo when you don't have any friends available to join your game briefly... please fix this. It's been happening for so long and I've lost so many farming runs and key runs because of it.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Vasadan

Here's a video showing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMARABKxUXc
Reply Quote
Well it happened again to me when I had 5 stacks. I was on a lasher elite pack with jailer in Keeper Depths 1.
Reply Quote
I hope it gets fixed soon. It happens all the time to me especially when I have 5 stacks and about to go see if I get a key.
Reply Quote
happened 3 times today, ground effect and / or fire chains in play...
Reply Quote
An issue that has been going on this long should have been fixed already or at least had a functional work around made for it...

Anyways, this has happened to me several times and I think next time I'll try requesting in general chat, if I don't have any available friends on at the time, for someone to join my game. Not a great solution but it might work :(
Reply Quote

Thanks a lot for your answer Vasadan, but since the bug is present in the game for a long time, have you considered offering us a temporary solution like a "suicide feature" evoked by some of us? Cause we would really appreciate something to prevent us from loosing our stacks of nephalem when playing solo ^^
Reply Quote
Please, add my thread to the list:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006244875
Reply Quote
I'm not french, and it happens to me too.
Reply Quote
@Terukio: I thought that I already have done it, sorry :-S Now list has been updated ;-)
Edited by Paanreis#2449 on 11/6/2012 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote

This bug is in the game since September at least, it has been reported numerous times also and it is still not fixed.

Didn't get enough lucky to get the invulnerability on my bug today, in the result my HC monk died before I was able to log out.

Personally I don't feel like playing hardcore mode anymore at the current state, not when there are bugs like those around. I understand when I die cause of my own fault, but having the risk of loosing another character just because there is an unfixed bug for 2 months does not sound encouraging.
Reply Quote
I just swapped to Dashing Strike on my monk and saw immediate benefits, but then during act 2 key farming I was hit with this bug almost instantly as I hit an elite pack with the desecration affix. They cornered me and when I went to use my trusty Dashing Strike to break free I fell into the ground to where you could only see the top of my head. I couldn't die, I couldn't use skills, or tele home.
I left the game and restarted my key run only to be hit with this bug yet again on my next run.

I'm seriously loving Dashing Strike, but if this bug continues to disrupt my farming I'll go back to some other boring skill.
Reply Quote
Op recommended me this thread.

Although it's not the thing I was writing about, I too have experienced this particular problem.

I play a barbarian, and also use Furious Charge. - However, I'm not convinced this bug is the result of said skills.

What I have noticed, is that every time said symptoms surface ( losing health but not dying, unable to attack, move, use skills, use TP, ID or drop, pick up items - anything besides writing in the chat window ), there was always a Desecrator pool and a near-death fight.

Fun -and probably involved - fact about Desecrator; Set the game to display "damage taken" numbers. Whenever standing in a desecrator pool, you'll see a red blur of numbers over your head, it ticks so fast.
Did someone accidentally hit an extra 0 in the code and they tick too fast? Are multiple instances of the spell placed on top of each other, each damaging the character individually?

My theory is this;

What if in this near-death fight our characters actually died, due to the insane amounts of health drain and generally being whaled upon, while you were in the middle of an attack, which, somehow landed before the game decided you are dead, leeched back some health, and confused the system, leaving you stuck in the moment before you fall down and the respawn message appears.

I base this explanation on two things;

A. - My follower eventually killed the monsters and my health regenerated over time, and another player joined the game and ran down to the next boss, to see if I can be teleported out of this bug by the event.
Turns out it can get you out of the bug, but I arrived dead, lying in a heap as normal. The bug was over, and the other guy could resurrect me without any difficulty.
So: We are dead, but the game gets stuck halfway in the process.

B. - How? With desecrator ticking as fast as it does, it seems entirely possible that character health could drop to zero just before another tick restores health while / before the game is checking are you dead or not. - Especially when combined with other damage sources and high amounts of life regeneration, life steal and LoH.

Try watching for these things. See if the bug happens without Dashing Strike or Furious Charge.
Edited by Grimm#2716 on 11/7/2012 3:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]