Diablo® III

Bug: Monk's Dashing Strike/Barbarian's Charge

I saw the thread title, saw that blizzard replied, got excited that it was getting some attention, and then noticed it was almost 3 months ago...

:(
Reply Quote
Yup, I too have noticed an increased incidence of this bug in the past few days. There seem to be a number of factors which influence it, including . . .

1. taking damage when DS'ing. Especially "electrified" or molten, which makes me think it's "fast" damage which is doing it.

2. Terrain. I can go weeks without the bug, but yesterday when I was in the cathedral I managed to get it three times in a row the first set of elites I encountered. I noticed a lot of the ground there is "choppy," so I wonder if this ties into things.

I've always wondered if this is actually a latency issue, perhaps occurring when your computer thinks you're one place (post dash) but the server thinks you're another (pre-dash), and that since you're taking damage in a place where you actually aren't, you simply disappear. Just a theory.

SSS continues to be a viable "escape" from the bug, but of course that's only an option when you're spec'd into it.

DS is a great skill, so I hope they're still trying to fix this. I suspect these sort of bugs can be monumentally difficult to correct, but I'll continue to hope for the day when I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Reply Quote
Here are my Nephalem Valor stacks...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND they're gone.
Reply Quote
Here are my Nephalem Valor stacks...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND they're gone.

QFT, and LOL!

The real suck is when you drop below the map geometry just as you see a legendary or key drop (having multiple cyclones floating about for kill shots); the string of curses I have put together after having this happen to me could make a sailor blush (and usually brings my wife into the room to make sure nothing is seriously wrong).

An update on the status of tracking this bug down and fixing it would be greatly appreciated!

Reply Quote
Any updates on this bug? Still an issue on PTR?
Reply Quote
This has happened to me too. Very annoying!

TWO times in less than ONE hour!!!
Edited by Bachster#2552 on 2/4/2013 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
So the developers have been working on this since November and still not resolution? I guess it's a complicated bug to fix?

And why isn't this in the known issues list? An update would be nice, as it is quite annoying when it happens.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 2/6/2013 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have not been able to complete a MF run today due to getting stuck 5 times. Very frustrating.
Reply Quote
7 times stuck yesterday, i just quit playing my monk and did achievement runs on my other heroes.
Reply Quote
been complaining about this bug for several months, still no word on it. I know it is not fixed because it happened to me about 2 weeks ago against teleporting quilbeast elites. the bug seems to occur during latency or when you dash to a tight location and other monsters/elites move quickly to the same spot, either by having good movespeed or teleporting. firechains elites like to move on top of players a lot and certain monsters are quicker than others contributing to getting "stuck". In my experience only Elites cause this bug, but I could be wrong since the only time DS is really used in excess is during elite fights.

cannot believe there is still no mention of this in patch notes. i guess no one cares to fix it, even though it forces people to quit their game or lose 5 NV stacks. currently, it is the worst in-game bug left in D3. shocking it still exists if you ask me.
Reply Quote
Happening to me to. Almost every time I play now!
Reply Quote
NV loss sucks, but it can be "MUCH" worse. Two nights ago I had this bug occur after killing one of the two bosses in an infernal machine... had to exit. Wasted the infernal machine :(
Reply Quote
ARGH!!! F*()Y&)*(&#$IN BUG!!!
Reply Quote
I have the same issue with my monk. Happened ~6 times in single and multi player game.
I cann still kill the monsters but cannot pick up the loot, move or open a town portal.

EDIT:
See this bug for Monk/Barbarian: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006892777
Edited by Tromse#2663 on 2/11/2013 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 04:03 PMPosted by ALIAS
Thanks guys, we're working on it.

How has this not been fixed yet? I fall through the world at least 1 time in 5 games. Dashing strike is the only escape skill I have to use.
Reply Quote
Having a little hope... My character gets stuck in a "flinching" animation when this happens.... From the patch notes.... (OH PLEASE LET IT FIX IT!!!)

"Players should no longer play a flinching animation (causing them to briefly lose control of their character) if they are hit by multiple monsters at the same time."

OH PLEASE!!!!!
Reply Quote
Played for a couple of hours last night and it didn't occur!!! Hopefully, this is resolved!!! Anyone else still see the issue after the patch? Barbs (like me)? Monks?
Reply Quote
and there we have it...

let me take a guess...
nothing will happen with this...not until blizz release PS version of D3,and suggest us to buy new playstation and play the game there-there won't be that bug...

fak u dear blizzard,

keep on failing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]