Diablo® III

killing myself on reflect damage

- If we do elect to move forward with having Reflects Damage be a duration-based affix, we'd also want to add a new visual for whenever RD is active.

This would be awesome.
Switch to a wep with zero crit damage.

Get 1k LoH and 1k HP regen a sec.

Sorry you can't roll over everything with your dps only build. Working as intended.

u got rubbish gears, dun come and comment on reflect damage, i life steal 3 -4k per hit easily and life regen around 1k a sec plus LOH 300, i still have problem with reflect and u can be damn sure i have way better resist, hp, armour than u

So why dont I have a problem with reflect on my DH? Because I know what the F im talking about. I use trail of cinders on the whole pack no problemo. Relfect > Crit damage. Learn the game scrub. Or just keep using your 300% crit damage on them and crying on the forums. i really dont care either way.

Other affixes do not FORCE you to take damage. You can avoid mortars. That can present at least some "challenge". Damage coming back at you and you can't do anything about it? There's no "challenge". There's "get this gear". It's freaking stupid.

It's good that we win. Logical feedback always does. Baseless protests never do. It's not our fault you don't understand the problem.

I can literally feel the stupid in each of these whine posts. It's very disturbing.

RD doesn't force you to take damage either, damage gets too high, you STOP SHOOTING for a few seconds and let your defensive cooldowns come back or drink a potion.

This is far from logical feedback, this is a bunch of crying from people who want to stack nothing but damage. That's literally all there is here. You don't want build diversity, you want the opposite of it. You want to just take things that increase damage and that's all.

Let me put it another way, without something like RD, there is NO POINT to stacking any more defenses past the oneshot point. You get your 3% lifesteal, you get enough health, armor and resistance to not die instantly, then you stack damage like crazy. Eventually you get so much damage with your lifesteal that you can facetank anything. This is precisely what we see with Barbarians, since they can get so much more lifesteal. Watch some WW Barb videos sometime, you'll see the health dip to half or less and then back to full several times a second.

let me just stop ur bull!@#$, in almost any MMORPG, or whatever game with melee and range, Melee will definately have some kind of damage mitigation ( for D3 its 30%) and range ARE suppose to be the DAMAGE DEALER. not a Tanker, Not a shield but a damage dealer. u are suppose to deal the maximum amount of damage in the shortest time possible in order for the tank to keep going..

Why the hell would i want u, ( a wiz with 70+k DPS) to be in my TEAM, as a DAMAGE dealer when the first ELITE we meet is a REFLECT DAMAGE and u 1 SHOT urself leaving ME, a 100k dps TANKER to hold the FORT??

It doesnt make sense when Range characters have to die cos they are dealing damage BECASUE thats what THEY are suppose TO DO!! IF u need to TANK, roll a BARB, or a MONK, not a damage dealer. Its totally stupid in mp 7 /8 / 9 / 10, where the monster HP is higher but the damage dealer dies so often that it becomes a liabilty to us to have them!!
11/02/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Jaixen
I would imagine everything has a counter so you can deal with the problem. Like for instance, molten affix, the counter is higher fire resist most likely. What is a reasonable counter for reflect damage?

Usually learning to play counters RD.

If you use a bursty attack.. swap to something more sustained in damage. I have absolutely no problem with reflect damage when I use a sustained build.. but if I were to use something like Pile On run.. I would easily burst myself dead. Therefore I do not use a nuclear bomb on RD packs..

Looking at your profile, it is clear you don't produce enough damage to even notice reflect like i do. Its no wonder why you don't feel the reflect. To elaborate further, "learn to play" doesn't' apply to me as i have many hours into the game already and i know how to play.

When you get up around 200-300k dps and you hit a reflect mob with what ever attack, i feel it. Even with 3-6% Life steal, and some LoH. Its even worse when i don't use whirl wind and i switch to Hammer of the Ancients and i see a 1 million crit. I don't think by me changing my build around so i have 1,000 Life on hit, and 9% Life steal will that help with reflect damage. I would still produce a 1 million crit and still take considerable damage from a monster with the reflect affix. For what ever reason, its more noticeable at a higher monster power due to the increased life and the increased damage out put from the monsters.

u got rubbish gears, dun come and comment on reflect damage, i life steal 3 -4k per hit easily and life regen around 1k a sec plus LOH 300, i still have problem with reflect and u can be damn sure i have way better resist, hp, armour than u

So why dont I have a problem with reflect on my DH? Because I know what the F im talking about. I use trail of cinders on the whole pack no problemo. Relfect > Crit damage. Learn the game scrub. Or just keep using your 300% crit damage on them and crying on the forums. i really dont care either way.

UR DH HAVE 30k DPS !!!! pls somebody teach him what a DH should do, for ur bloody info, thats 30,000 damage per second.... its a joke..
Edited by Easter#1808 on 11/2/2012 1:06 PM PDT
11/02/2012 12:56 PMPosted by HeavenlySky
I would imagine everything has a counter so you can deal with the problem. Like for instance, molten affix, the counter is higher fire resist most likely. What is a reasonable counter for reflect damage?

life on hit?

I can run with 1400 life on hit and still die to reflect damage. IT DOES NOTHING. wizard spells have terrible coefficients.

but really we need more low dps MP0 farmers in here. My wizard doesn't even have a good weapon, my WD does way more dps and has even more trouble with RD. but you know sitting there spamming acid cloud(which I don't even want to take) because of one specific mod is really !@#$%in. Where was reflect damage in d2? oh right it got removed because it's a god damn retarded thing to put in a game like diablo. hey lets punish people for having better gear! and while we're at it lets make them take specific skills because of it! they will love that.
11/02/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Hex
Sigh... so the pressure got to you eh? You're actually nerfing a very manageable affix? Well, I hope that if you do change it to a duration-based affix, that you DOUBLE the amount of damage reflected during that duration. This still gives the whiners a window in which to attack with impunity, while hopefully keeping this affix good.

lol, how about just allow some players who agree to nerf RD to have RD when pvp's out and others who do meta-complaints will not?

See who will be having the most fun when pvp come out! All right!
11/02/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Professor

If you use a bursty attack.. swap to something more sustained in damage. I have absolutely no problem with reflect damage when I use a sustained build.. but if I were to use something like Pile On run.. I would easily burst myself dead. Therefore I do not use a nuclear bomb on RD packs..

Looking at your profile, it is clear you don't produce enough damage to even notice reflect like i do. Its no wonder why you don't feel the reflect. To elaborate further, "learn to play" doesn't' apply to me as i have many hours into the game already and i know how to play.

When you get up around 200-300k dps and you hit a reflect mob with what ever attack, i feel it. Even with 3-6% Life steal, and some LoH. Its even worse when i don't use whirl wind and i switch to Hammer of the Ancients and i see a 1 million crit. I don't think by me changing my build around so i have 1,000 Life on hit, and 9% Life steal will that help with reflect damage. I would still produce a 1 million crit and still take considerable damage from a monster with the reflect affix. For what ever reason, its more noticeable at a higher monster power due to the increased life and the increased damage out put from the monsters.

LOLOLOL!!! Holy crap this is funny. You are astounded that a million damage hit makes your life plummet on reflect mobs? *facepalm*
11/02/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Professor

Looking at your profile, you have chosen to go without lifesteal on two slots. You could have 6% more and laugh at RD if you'd give up some DPS, but of course you'd rather whine on the forums. I'm sure it'll just cripple your kill speed to have to give up 20-30k of your 220k DPS for more lifesteal.

Your hours in game have evidently not taught you how to play.

I can literally feel the stupid in each of these whine posts. It's very disturbing.

Do not blame others for your shortcoming in the reasoning department. It makes you look bad.

RD doesn't force you to take damage either, damage gets too high, you STOP SHOOTING for a few seconds and let your defensive cooldowns come back or drink a potion.

Do you have to STOP SHOOTING because a pack has a mortar affix? No? Do you take damage each time you hit RD pack? Yes? Can you dodge it? No?
Can YOU be any more stupid?

This is far from logical feedback, this is a bunch of crying from people who want to stack nothing but damage. That's literally all there is here. You don't want build diversity, you want the opposite of it. You want to just take things that increase damage and that's all.

And who the f..k are you to tell us what we can have and what we can't? Should we all just copy your build, because "it's a must"? Who made that rule?

Let me put it another way, without something like RD, there is NO POINT to stacking any more defenses past the oneshot point. You get your 3% lifesteal, you get enough health, armor and resistance to not die instantly, then you stack damage like crazy. Eventually you get so much damage with your lifesteal that you can facetank anything. This is precisely what we see with Barbarians, since they can get so much more lifesteal. Watch some WW Barb videos sometime, you'll see the health dip to half or less and then back to full several times a second.

Have you even played a glass cannon? There are plenty of other affixes that can kill you. Your theory is wrong. Building a balanced char will ALWAYS be better than a glass cannon. It will always be the best build. But it doesn’t have to be the ONLY one.

UR DH HAVE 30k DPS !!!! pls somebody teach him what a DH should do, for ur bloody info, thats 30,000 damage per second.... its a joke..

I have 115k dps... I switch to my 35k dps lifesteal, LoH crossbow for reflect mobs.... FAIL. I do what I do to beat reflect... As I have been trying to tell you. But you put your fingers in your ears and go "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!

"WAHHH!! Why cant I hit a reflect mob for bajillions of damage and not die???!?!?!?!? WHY?!?!!?"

Its freakin halarious that im all, "Put on a lowbie wep and do less damage to kill reflect."

And you chime in with, "YOU SUCK! You have a lowbie dps weapon on!"

ROFL wow can you get any denser?
Edited by Dirtpoor#1202 on 11/2/2012 1:14 PM PDT
and its not the only one .... if YOU choose to suck at the game don't complain asking for the game to be dumbed down to your levels.

Have you even played a glass cannon? There are plenty of other affixes that can kill you. Your theory is wrong. Building a balanced char will ALWAYS be better than a glass cannon. It will always be the best build. But it doesn’t have to be the ONLY one.
Edited by Petraeus#1331 on 11/2/2012 1:14 PM PDT

Do you have to STOP SHOOTING because a pack has a mortar affix? No? Do you take damage each time you hit RD pack? Yes? Can you dodge it? No?
Can YOU be any more stupid?

Really? Yeah, you're dumb. Unless you can facetank mortars from 5 monsters, you absolutely have to stop shooting to dodge them. You are not worth my time.

I'm going to stop arguing with you idiots now, it'll get nerfed just like everything else has.

I have 115k dps... I switch to my 35k dps lifesteal, LoH crossbow for reflect mobs.... FAIL. I do what I do to beat reflect... As I have been trying to tell you. But you put your fingers in your ears and go "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!

"WAHHH!! Why cant I hit a reflect mob for bajillions of damage and not die???!?!?!?!? WHY?!?!!?"

Sorry, gotta call you out on this.

Blizzard does not like "Item Swap" for Magic Find so why would they agree to Item Swap for a weaker weapon with better life leeching just to beat Reflect?

You are finding an excuse to beat a poorly designed Affix. What they are proposing is to actually make Reflect interesting and exciting.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/2/2012 1:15 PM PDT
11/02/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Zoid
Your hours in game have evidently not taught you how to play.

Correction: how to gear the ONLY available way in the game.
[quote]
I'm going to stop arguing with you idiots now, it'll get nerfed just like everything else has.

Blizzard has not said they are going to "nerf" it. Making periodically can also mean it reflects much harder if you don't pay attention.

I don't understand why people are arguing with a poorly design affix? They are going to make it stronger and better I am sure. It will reflect MORE but only periodically and punish those that don't pay attention.

That is not the same as "nerf". I call it a "change".
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/2/2012 1:18 PM PDT
11/01/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
We know Reflects Damage has been a little more challenging for some players in this patch, so we've been reviewing feedback regarding the affix pretty closely since 1.0.5 released. The actual values for the stat haven't changed at all and, in general, it seems like the issue for players is really just related to increased monster health thanks to Monster Power.
As a monk it also has to do with not being able to dodge it at all.
11/02/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Petraeus
and its not the only one .... if YOU choose to suck at the game don't complain asking for the game to be dumbed down to your levels.

I have a reason to complain, and I explained it.

You are making pointless remarks and therefore you opinion is irrelevant.

Not that you even stated a coherent one.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]