Diablo® III

killing myself on reflect damage

How to prevent (dodge) reflect damage. Stop attacking and heal in many of the ways the game allows you to heal. (potions, prep - battle scars, healing orbs, health fountains, HP regen per sec)

I guess you want to get rid of boss enrage timers too then. Once they enrage you take unavoidable damage if you want to be close enough to hurt them.

Do I have to stop attacking when I meet mortars?

Potions - great, I can heal myself once in a blue moon that is barely enough to cover a single RD hit. Useless for a glass cannon.

Prep - same as above, just more heal. Still useless for a glass cannon.

Health fountains - still the same.

HP regen - good for tanks or balanced builds, difficult to stack with other stats, still very much useless for a glass cannon.

What else you got?

And in case you were sleeping - enrage timers were removed! We're talking about elites here, since that's what we face the most.

ONE boss has RD. ONE. In the WHOLE game.
dirtpoor, ur too weak to respond to reflect, u dont do enough damage to notice.
Gear swapping in the middle of a fight?...are you insane?
whats the matter with u?
I have to use a combo of Gloom and elemental arrow with Bounty hunter rune, this is the way a DH should handle reflect.

If they simply reduce Reflect to an "almost no impact" level, then they might as well take out the whole Affix.

That's not the correct way to do it.

The correct way is to test your awareness/knowledge of the behavior of Elite just like all other Affixes.

I hope they are going to make it a strong Reflect but it comes up periodically just like Shield. You need to actually pay attention to it and then you HAVE A CHOICE! You can stop attacking, change target or simply fight through the pain. The current Reflect is ALWAYS there and it hurts you when you have better dps. An Affix should never punish you just because you deal more damage.

Thats like saying "You shouldnt hurt your hand the harder you punch metal."

Reflect is MEANT to punish high dps people that are spamtards. Period, plain and simple.

Well then this really hurts build diversity and will force me to use gear i wouldn't normally use, or skills with runes that heal me - which i would not normally use.

It would almost make it mandatory for everybody to gear with X amount of Life on Hit and X life steal, using 1-2 of life giving skills and passives. That's not being diverse. If everybody thinks that its a mandatory (sort of like ias was a few patches ago) then its not diversity at all, its a problem.
@ Dirtpoor, read http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004343424?page=1#4

Reflect is MEANT to punish high dps people that are spamtards. Period, plain and simple.

And what is MEANT to punish high EHP low DPS builds? Enrage timers?

Oh wait....

You have no leg to stand with that one.
I think sucking at the game and taking 5 minsutes to kill a pack in mp0 is more than enough punishment lol

And what is MEANT to punish high EHP low DPS builds? Enrage timers?

Oh wait....

You have no leg to stand with that one.
ow to prevent (dodge) reflect damage. Stop attacking and heal in many of the ways the game allows you to heal. (potions, prep - battle scars, healing orbs, health fountains, HP regen per sec)

The problem is potions have cooldowns, healing orbs won't drop much at higher MP since mobs have higher Life. And don't forget we also have to deal with other affixes the monster has besides Reflect Damage as they have multi-affixes in infernal. The other alternatives are good and also you can look for other mobs to kill to leech back Life first, but after all, it's against the philosophy of that even the dev team believes people are hunger for higher damage output. Higher Damage = Higher Reflect Damage... As some blue stated on the other thread yesterday, the problem is because monsters at higher MP are having higher Life. It's where the matter begins. Nevertheless, Elites with Reflect Damage are coming toward you as a group.
you know what's really sad is I just gave a suggestion and you jump on me like I'm crying. I, myself, do not have a problem with the difficulty of them now. I just notice more and more people are becoming frustrated and I just wanted to put out an idea.

Show's the maturity level of a lot of people on here.
How to prevent (dodge) reflect damage. Stop attacking and heal in many of the ways the game allows you to heal. (potions, prep - battle scars, healing orbs, health fountains, HP regen per sec)

I guess you want to get rid of boss enrage timers too then. Once they enrage you take unavoidable damage if you want to be close enough to hurt them.

Do I have to stop attacking when I meet mortars?

Potions - great, I can heal myself once in a blue moon that is barely enough to cover a single RD hit. Useless for a glass cannon.

Prep - same as above, just more heal. Still useless for a glass cannon.

Health fountains - still the same.

HP regen - good for tanks or balanced builds, difficult to stack with other stats, still very much useless for a glass cannon.

What else you got?

And in case you were sleeping - enrage timers were removed! We're talking about elites here, since that's what we face the most.

ONE boss has RD. ONE. In the WHOLE game.

Mortars isnt reflect. You are arguing a very stupid point. Reflect is reflect. Mortars is mortars.

And enrage has NOT been removed from bosses. You are very illogical in your arguements.

Now we get to the core of the problem! You have no idea how to play the game. HP regen is super useful to WD's, DH, and wiz. But I doubt you have ever tried it or ever will.

Your arguement is still "Why can't I glass cannon reflect." And the answer still is "Reflect is the counter to glass cannons." Until you get this through your thick skull you will continue to cry.

P.S. getting medium amounts of tankiness and sustainability is a boon to any non-critical mass dps char. (notice I said medium, so your "DPS ISNT TANK?!" argument is already pre-countered)
not with that gear pal...MP7...lol NOT
Couple of follow ups:

- Hydra and Sentry are technically "pets" (so to speak), so whenever we make the change to no longer allow pet damage to reflect back to the player, they'll be included too.

- If we do elect to move forward with having Reflects Damage be a duration-based affix, we'd also want to add a new visual for whenever RD is active.

Awesome!! :D
fool...u are the weakess link...goodbye
whats the matter with u?
I have to use a combo of Gloom and elemental arrow with Bounty hunter rune, this is the way a DH should handle reflect.

step 1: Hover mouse over mob, if reflect but on low dps leach wep

step 2: ???

whats the matter with u?

Cool. I handle them with a wolf out, a turret out. And pop 1 battle scars once without ever using a pot sometimes. Takes me .3 seconds to put my leachbow on before the fight really starts cuz im smart enough to hover my mouse over a champ before attacking. I use trail of cinders AND IT FREAKIN HEALS ME against reflect. But yall just keep freakin crying. I am amused by it.

The sooner you all admit you just want to 400% crit damage the whole game with nothing ever having a chance of dying you the sooner you will get over it.

"Why does reflect hurt me so much when im doing 200,000-1,000,000 a hit?!?!?!" You guys are too damn funny.

So keep making fun of my 35k dps crossbow while it poops on reflect champs with ToC spam. Kill half of them.. Then I switch to my good crit damage xbow. I tell you how I beat it and the only response is, "I want to do millions of DEEEEEEPS and not die to reflect."
11/02/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Dirtpoor
Mortars isnt reflect. You are arguing a very stupid point. Reflect is reflect. Mortars is mortars.

I'm arguing that I don't have to stop when I meet ANY other affix. Why should RD FORCE me to do so?

And enrage has NOT been removed from bosses. You are very illogical in your arguements.

Did you read the part where I said this is about elites? You don't kill 20-30 bosses per game session to get your legendaries, do you?

Now we get to the core of the problem! You have no idea how to play the game. HP regen is super useful to WD's, DH, and wiz. But I doubt you have ever tried it or ever will

I have. But you obviously haven't. Glass cannons do not care about HP regen. They care about not taking any damage.

Your arguement is still "Why can't I glass cannon reflect." And the answer still is "Reflect is the counter to glass cannons." Until you get this through your thick skull you will continue to cry.

No, my argument is why should RD counter glass cannon? Why should it enforce very narrow builds? Why should this be a DPS check while there is no EHP check?

P.S. getting medium amounts of tankiness and sustainability is a boon to any non-critical mass dps char. (notice I said medium, so your "DPS ISNT TANK?!" argument is already pre-countered)

And it should only be a boon. Not a requirement.
As a pretty good geared DH, RD was a problem with me. Now I use blood moon, problem not life threatening any longer. Just my two cents worth. And I'm not saying I'm godley geared by any stretch. And I farm MP 5 solo. Over that, need a tank.
Edited by BadtotheBone#1633 on 11/2/2012 2:00 PM PDT
11/02/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Dirtpoor
So keep making fun of my 35k dps crossbow while it poops on reflect champs with ToC spam. Kill half of them.. Then I switch to my good crit damage xbow. I tell you how I beat it and the only response is, "I want to do millions of DEEEEEEPS and not die to reflect."

Spoken like a true MP3 warrior.

Maybe even MP2.
11/02/2012 01:58 PMPosted by AOHNH

I'm arguing that I don't have to stop when I meet ANY other affix. Why should RD FORCE me to do so?

Did you read the part where I said this is about elites? You don't kill 20-30 bosses per game session to get your legendaries, do you?

Now we get to the core of the problem! You have no idea how to play the game. HP regen is super useful to WD's, DH, and wiz. But I doubt you have ever tried it or ever will

I have. But you obviously haven't. Glass cannons do not care about HP regen. They care about not taking any damage.

No, my argument is why should RD counter glass cannon? Why should it enforce very narrow builds? Why should this be a DPS check while there is no EHP check?

And it should only be a boon. Not a requirement.

LoL.. So you are arguing that defensive skills in inferno shouldnt be a requirement what so ever.... Then farm MP zero and stop crying and you can have your wish.

Glass cannon countered by reflect and walls (time wise). Tankys are countered by extra HP and shield (time wise). You cant have everything dude. There has to be some form of rock, paper, scissors to this game with the different roles.
And bTw , I died in town onetime. Had lightning bolt deployed, ported to town died. That was crazy.
11/02/2012 02:01 PMPosted by AOHNH

Spoken like a true MP3 warrior.

Maybe even MP2.

Oh common I can solo MP5 no prob on my DH. Higher if I want to struggle. Was able to dps on uber siegebreaker on mp7 without killing myself... I can see you all are just going to cry until reflect becomes a toggle though. Then you can just blast through them spamtard style.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]