Diablo® III

killing myself on reflect damage

1500loh ROTLF maybe with 90k dps with 300k dps you need way over 2000+ loh
AND lifesteal... also life orbs a lot...

RD is just broken in mp5+++ especially in mp7-10
Edited by Gorbak#2565 on 11/1/2012 2:03 PM PDT
@Darcarius
no wonder, you spam gloom @Op never stated about DH's

Regardless, it's just about properly managing your resources and having a spec where you can play comfortably. If someone is struggling taking damage, then they should re-evaluate their stats and tweak their build accordingly.

these defensive skills were reduced along with monster damage so we would not feel we have to take them. we still have to take them because of reflect damage. blizzard is defeating their own purpose by being stubborn about RD. I would much rather run storm armor.
I have 450-500 AR, 1k LOH, 120k Damage...

I don't die to RD MP8+
11/01/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Darcarius
Regardless, it's just about properly managing your resources and having a spec where you can play comfortably. If someone is struggling taking damage, then they should re-evaluate their stats and tweak their build accordingly.

Yep, this game is all about cookie cutter builds. "If you don't have X, you're a noob".

I'm glad I have "choices".
>

> 5706 Elite Kills
You probablly havent meet mp7 rd elite did you? be honest about it!

farm mp7 daily bro, never have problems

You're a Barb... try a hydra wiz at 90k+ dps in mp4+ and not paying attention to the pack... its almost an insta death (granted my resists are pretty crappy and armor is not much better either).
Edited by Ginu#1386 on 11/1/2012 2:21 PM PDT
When will it end? You guys realize that spamming a skill until the monster dies may not work for reflect. You CAN take a breather and regen up right? I farm mp5-6 for efficiency but consistently do all Ubers and group play in mp8+ and have had ZERO problems with reflect. I mean my stats aren't terrible but they used to be and I still found ways to not die.

I got 100k dmg (no PtV), 8-900 AR and 5%LS. Armor is... Idk 3600 or something.
Yep, this game is all about cookie cutter builds. "If you don't have X, you're a noob".

I'm glad I have "choices".

I never said anyone was a noob - I just gave my perspective based on my personal experiences, and how I feel that the reflect damage is manageable at higher MP levels. But I do agree with you, that the build diversity is and has always been lacking overall.
suicide is never the answer
i'd drop LoH for more LS. although it won't be possible with your current setup.. =/

reflect reflects a % of your damage. since you're dying now.. it means more damage is being reflected than the % of your DPS with LS and LoH.. stating the obvious lol.. anyway..

increasing your DPS won't help. since we're talking about %, theoretically, you'll just die faster. what you need to do is decrease the % gap of reflect and LS + LoH. to do that, either increase your LS or maintain/decrease DPS and increase LoH.

i don't have a problem with reflect elites at mp8. yet to try higher mps. LS at 5.8%.

although reading from above, some skills don't get LS? that would be a huge problem.. maybe try dropping those first. but confirm that it really doesn't LS.. Hydra?
Community Manager
We know Reflects Damage has been a little more challenging for some players in this patch, so we've been reviewing feedback regarding the affix pretty closely since 1.0.5 released. The actual values for the stat haven't changed at all and, in general, it seems like the issue for players is really just related to increased monster health thanks to Monster Power.

Since monsters have a lot more health in the higher MP levels, not only do fights last longer, but players need to do a lot more damage in order to kill their targets. Of course, that means there's a lot more opportunity for you to get hit with Reflects Damage. So, whereas before the patch, a player may have been able to kill monsters with the Reflects Damage affix no problem and with health to spare, now that fights are lasting longer that same player may not have as much success -- at least, not without making some adjustments to their build or gear.

That said, we do agree that we can make some improvements. For example, we'll be making it so that damage dealt by pets will no longer reflect back to the player. We're also toying with the idea of changing Reflects Damage so that it has a duration and can only be activated by monsters periodically (rather than it always being active), but that's definitely not yet set in stone.
11/01/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
We're also toying with the idea of changing Reflects Damage so that it has a duration and can only be activated by monsters periodically (rather than it always being active), but that's definitely not yet set in stone.

Interesting... reminds me of Iron Maiden in D2
There's a strange issue with reflect damage and some other affixes. Mostly, reflect damage only hits for a small portion of my damage. But when its combined with the health link affix, the damage reflected shoots WAY up. There are a couple others I've noticed slight variations with, but that's the worst offender by far.

That said, we do agree that we can make some improvements. For example, we'll be making it so that damage dealt by pets will no longer reflect back to the player. We're also toying with the idea of changing Reflects Damage so that it has a duration and can only be activated by monsters periodically (rather than it always being active), but that's definitely not yet set in stone.

I just wish reflect dmg monsters have an aura or something so I can identify it before getting myself killed.
11/01/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Jay
We're also toying with the idea of changing Reflects Damage so that it has a duration and can only be activated by monsters periodically (rather than it always being active), but that's definitely not yet set in stone.

omg you are totally right, as soon as iron maiden flipped on - we were all toast :P
11/01/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Jay

I cursed Iron Maiden in D2 a lot, but it was a semi-skill tester (at least until you had certain builds or gear). If you were a physical damage character and ignored it, you were dead. I personally think it created some interesting gameplay situations.

The key is: I rarely cursed the GAME when i died to it, but rather cursed MYSELF for not noticing it in time.
One simple solution: Just remove lifesteal nerf in inferno and change values of lifesteal on items. High-end items will give you 7-8 % of lifesteal together and low-end items will give you max 1-2 % of lifesteal.

After you can leave high damage from reflect, and people with better gear can kill monster with this stat.

In my opinion, reflect damage isnt problem, also it isnt bug, you just need good stats/itemization to make monster spells hard, but also beatable.
Edited by zobudeny#2800 on 11/1/2012 9:39 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Monk
We know Reflects Damage has been a little more challenging for some players in this patch, so we've been reviewing feedback regarding the affix pretty closely since 1.0.5 released. The actual values for the stat haven't changed at all and, in general, it seems like the issue for players is really just related to increased monster health thanks to Monster Power.

Since monsters have a lot more health in the higher MP levels, not only do fights last longer, but players need to do a lot more damage in order to kill their targets. Of course, that means there's a lot more opportunity for you to get hit with Reflects Damage. So, whereas before the patch, a player may have been able to kill monsters with the Reflects Damage affix no problem and with health to spare, now that fights are lasting longer that same player may not have as much success -- at least, not without making some adjustments to their build or gear.

reflect damage alone seems fine I can deal with it no problem. When it has an element like electrocute/molten etc etc then the damage seems quite ridiculous. If anything that seems to be the bugged part.
100 Pandaren Monk
nothing like instantly dying to it in normal hardcore as a melee at a high level. The reflect was a dumb mechanic that instantly killed you pretty much at high levels. I hated melee until it was removed.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]