Diablo® III

killing myself on reflect damage

you loh sucks
glass is glass man expect to die with that build. get 500 more loh
The OP isn't using Diamond Skin.

You aren't using a 20k hp buffer. Why are you complaining when literally every wizard that has Diamond Skin on their bar never dies to Reflect Damage while its castable.

You'll go to full hp from your lifesteal before the buffer gets broken. Now of course that will prompt everyone to go look at my profile and check if I have a level 60 Wizard. Can't be bothered to level her to 60 on this account. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Frostspark-1417/hero/27068392 . 0 issues with Reflect while DS is up. If you feel that DS isn't cooling down fast enough then throw down a bubble (or freeze. I feel that on mp8+ freeze will get you killed the moment the mobs all hit you on the same frame) and walk away for a few seconds.

Dying to Reflect is completely avoidable. As I do everytime I see one of these threads I throw all my monks gear on my DH and reroll a map until I find a reflect mob. I check mob affixes before even attacking because I will die otherwise (Gloom doesn't give life for attacks made before activation). If I know its a reflect mob it cannot kill me while Gloom is up. Note that my DPS is only 153k, so I cannot attest for Demon Hunters that boast 250k+, but I'm quite sure that if Gloom is up they won't die.

People need to learn how to kite mobs until their oh **** buttons are off cooldown or they have the resources. Why does everyone cry about reflect and get mad when they can't facetank mp10 like a WW Barb?

Its literally the same as people who say molten is too overpowered for the damage it does while you stand in it. Don't. Stand. In. The. Fire.

Disclaimer: I personally don't think molten/fast soul rippers should run circles around you stacking their molten 5+times above mp5. That scenario kills most players before they have the option of "not" standing in the fire. I do feel sorry for anyone who gets frozen and their oh **** button is on cd or out of resources and eventually die to reflect due to a pet attacking or a current attack in the air. Those events feel almost soul crushing.

I should note that I've been farming MP7 on my monk. I only have 2.7% LS and 0 LoH, but I swap my hellfire to a ring with 220loh. Between a small amount of kiting, hitting trash mobs with cyclones, and applying my cooldowns appropriately Reflect Damage isn't much of a concern.

I do agree about mobs with Extra Health AND Reflect spawning on mp7-8 being a more of a hassle than it should be. Resources/cooldowns aren't up enough to combat the raidboss-esque reflect mob in front of you.
you just proved my point

when the answer to reflect damage is "why are you not using this skill?" then it is broken.

I should not need to use diamond skin(or prismatic armor) specifically because of reflect damage when I can deal with every other mod without it. just like my witch doctor should not need to use acid cloud specifically for reflect damage.
11/03/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Adapt
glass is glass man expect to die with that build. get 500 more loh

you are !@#$ing retarded. I have already said about 5 times that I can run with a +950 loh weapon that my barb has on top of my 900 loh that I already have and IT WILL NOT HELP AGAINST REFLECT DAMAGE

WILL
NOT
HELP
STOP
SAYING
LOH

950 loh is WORSE than 2.6% life steal because wizard coefficients are terrible. blizzard has a 2% coefficient. if I have my 1900 loh blizzard heals me for 38 health. 38! you think that is going to do anything against reflect damage?
Edited by Jars#1772 on 11/3/2012 9:27 AM PDT
as a wizard
i switch out to a shield, if i cant kill them the first time
makes it alot easier
Edited by SatansFist#1315 on 11/3/2012 9:37 AM PDT
11/03/2012 02:53 AMPosted by AsianMagus
if it's gigantic then change skills till you can handle RD and stop complaining like a little kid about it.

so i am not allowed to use the build i enjoy because of ONE affix, one!

I already play a lower MP because of RD. Because nothing else gives me ANY trouble.

Also what makes you think i am a kid because i am unhappy with one of D3's features?
Couple of follow ups:

- Hydra and Sentry are technically "pets" (so to speak), so whenever we make the change to no longer allow pet damage to reflect back to the player, they'll be included too.

- If we do elect to move forward with having Reflects Damage be a duration-based affix, we'd also want to add a new visual for whenever RD is active.

Wow thanks for the follow up!

(and people have been complaining how CMs aren't listening and interacting, kinda funny)
Only char that has issues with RD is my DH and thats only cause I have no loh or ls , so I have to rely on shadowpower , wiz and barb faceroll RD.
11/03/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Shatterstorm
Only char that has issues with RD is my DH and thats only cause I have no loh or ls , so I have to rely on shadowpower , wiz and barb faceroll RD.

Your chars all have crap damage. What exactly are you facerolling ? MP0 ?
LOL
11/01/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
Despite having Reflect Damage being an everyday complain on General/PTR Feedback thread FOR MONTHS, despite realizing it's a bad design, nothing was discusses by the CMs til now. I didn't wanna complain about lack of communication but really :/

We certainly saw the discussions before hand and passed them along, but there were no plans for adjustments that we could communicate until now.

I just don't understand, there was never as huge of a fuss over the invulnerable minions affix, yet it was removed from the game. Most people would probably consider invulnerable a push over if it was still in game now.

Meanwhile you have a devastatingly horrible affix that is game breaking for a lot of people and yet, you guys do nothing.

OK.
thread too long, didn't read it all. I have a question though and hope someone can answer it.. I thought Monster Power Levels were for those who could handle it? If you couldn't... shouldn't you lower it or not even do MP1? I'm confused, we finally have options and since some people can't handle it, they should nerf that too? I don't even understand the reason for MP anymore. MP8-10 RD destroys me, but patience and proper use of things like gloom/smokescreen/serenity/diamond skin/loh gear/ls weapon keep me alive. For those of you complaining, can't you just do a level you're able to handle? MP levels are there for a reason, no?
Edited by EnourMousTim#1352 on 11/3/2012 10:44 AM PDT
reflect damage is specifically causing us to need to go to lower MP. even on a low MP like 2 I can do it like it's nothing- until reflect damage shows up

I guess I could ditch all my good gear and buy !@#$ty gear and farm mp0 forever. then reflect damage would not be a problem.
11/01/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Lylirra
NOOOO, don't cave to these pussys.

If we feel like it's a change that will be better for the long-term health of the game, then we'll move forward with it. We certainly appreciate your thoughts and feedback on the matter in the meantime. :)

I just wish reflect dmg monsters have an aura or something so I can identify it before getting myself killed.

I'll pass on the suggestion.

I just got a ban on the wow forums for sarcastically saying i wanted to beat people about the head and neck, and saying 'all i want for christmas is your two front teeth' yet i just watched a blue quote this guy.

Ahhh Society. You silly thing.
Use Blood Weapon instead of force

/thread

Are all glass cannons really this dense?
11/01/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Lylirra
NOOOO, don't cave to these pussys.

If we feel like it's a change that will be better for the long-term health of the game, then we'll move forward with it. We certainly appreciate your thoughts and feedback on the matter in the meantime. :)

I just wish reflect dmg monsters have an aura or something so I can identify it before getting myself killed.

I'll pass on the suggestion.

Lol I love the fact you quoted this Lylirra, like a baws - the name made it funnier too :P
Glass baddies want their cake and to eat it too. I have a friend who went from 115k CM/Melee to 230k archon and he has no problems whatsoever with reflect damage he just uses blood weapon..problem solved.

You guys need to rethink your builds, but sounds like Blizzard is going to cater to you bads who fap to your sheet dps number that hardly means a damn thing in actual combat while getting no survivability whatsoever.

Sigh...whatever CM's. Lylirra I wish you would be a little like Bashiok and tell these fools to stop being bad lol.

OP is acting like 400ish LoH is a lot...really, really. A ring can have that now, ONE ring. This thread is full of facepalm.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 11/3/2012 11:13 AM PDT
Glass baddies want their cake and to eat it too. I have a friend who went from 115k CM/Melee to 230k archon and he has no problems whatsoever with reflect damage he just uses blood weapon..problem solved.

You guys need to rethink your builds, but sounds like Blizzard is going to cater to you bads who fap to your sheet dps number that hardly means a damn thing in actual combat while getting no survivability whatsoever.

Sigh...whatever CM's. Lylirra I wish you would be a little like Bashiok and tell these fools to stop being bad lol.

OP is acting like 400ish LoH is a lot...really, really. A ring can have that now, ONE ring. This thread is full of facepalm.

RD is a gear/build check affix. It has nothing to do with being bad or good. RD doesnt make the game harder for those who are geared accordingly (LS or perma-freeze pussies, take your pick)

Besides, since when building a character towards 1 single affix is a good thing ?
Edited by alpahc#2190 on 11/3/2012 11:54 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]