Diablo® III

killing myself on reflect damage

11/01/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
The actual values for the stat haven't changed at all and, in general, it seems like the issue for players is really just related to increased monster health thanks to Monster Power.

Had that issue since you guys messed around with coefficients.
if you're dieing to reflect damage it is working as intended. its a gear check, too much damage not enough defense regen = you will die, and we will be glad that it is working
learn 2 regen
they all ready cried away invulnerable minions and now reflect damage? WTF is there anything worth fighting? people are already at the point where they pull multi packs together just so (heaven forbid) there is some kinda challenge. the RD in there made it interesting
the monks complaining can move at same speed or faster than barbs....how bout giving WD and WIZ more +movement before ya'll go nerfing things that are a challenge. another option is to just (OMG) not fight the rd pack? O.o the strong man knows when to retreat...the fool thinks he is owed a victory.
90 Human Priest
NOOOO, don't cave to these pussys.

If we feel like it's a change that will be better for the long-term health of the game, then we'll move forward with it. We certainly appreciate your thoughts and feedback on the matter in the meantime. :)

I just wish reflect dmg monsters have an aura or something so I can identify it before getting myself killed.

I'll pass on the suggestion.

Nothing new there.
Edited by sweatshopkid#1403 on 11/3/2012 3:40 PM PDT
I don't understand what is so difficult -

RD STOPS WHEN PLAYER IS AT 1% HP END OF STORY

Let my dang HP REGEN deal reflect damage, I DON'T CARE. As it stands please Hotfix Pets and Vault to not kill myself.
Edited by Eunuchorn#1155 on 11/3/2012 3:45 PM PDT
View profile
11/03/2012 03:24 PMPosted by ExoticDancer
they all ready cried away invulnerable minions and now reflect damage? WTF is there anything worth fighting? people are already at the point where they pull multi packs together just so (heaven forbid) there is some kinda challenge. the RD in there made it interesting

Hell bring back Invulnerable minions but get rid of an idiotic affix that has us killing ourselfs. Invulnerable minions added a bit of challenge in that you had to actually move around to get to leader of the pack. Guess only affixes that piss off Barbs get removed eh? Not to mention as A WD you could just send pets to the vulnerable leader and kite the minions so it prolly didnt bother you one bit. But it is stupid to have an affix that the better and more costly gear you use the faster you die. Also utterly moronic to have two classes main stat do no mitigation but let the other 3 classes main stat mitigate RD. I have absolutely no problem with RD as long as it works equally for everyone. So seeing as you like a challenge then you wouldnt mind it if Armor and AR stop mitigating reflect damage as well right? Or how about make it so STR and INT only add to dodge from now on and the other 3 classes can get the same awesomeness we do from DODGE?
Yeah, that's a great. Thanks for finally improving it. Now reflects will be challenging and not just all discipline stealer. Also very good that sentry and pets won't reflect damage. Its pretty hard to survive with sentry not taking any ls or loh into account.
But when will you add this changes? Please don't wait until next patch, cause right now 60% of packs with reflect is to be skipped for me in instance(because some combinations of affixes and white mobs are require discipline which is all eaten by reflect) and even if i don't skip this pack it takes nearly 4 times more time to kill them compared to other elites(even with big amount of health).
View profile
11/03/2012 03:24 PMPosted by ExoticDancer

I am sure myself and others would be very interested to see a vid of you pulling multiple packs on MP10. Because if you are not farming MP10 then your whole point is nothing but Garbage. You want more challenge? Raise the bloody MP lvl thats what it is there for.
Complaining about dying to RD without modifying your play style or gear is like complaing about dying to molten affix when you're wearing Andariel's Visage... and refuse to remove it

Molten is a gear check for armor, fire resist, and HP's...

Please explain the difference to me.
Edited by Shango#1124 on 11/3/2012 4:18 PM PDT
View profile
11/03/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Corey8806
if you're dieing to reflect damage it is working as intended. its a gear check, too much damage not enough defense regen = you will die, and we will be glad that it is working

You mean too much damage and can never get enough regen to outheal RD. I sincerly hope Blizzard takes into account the actually time some of these players have spent In Inferno and at what MP lvls the play. I am seeing a trend of maybe 5k elite kills or less posters that really just have no idea wth they are talking about.

Problem is for a dps class like DH we are being pigeon holed into a defensive build style when nit all of us want to play that way. I am not say players should be able to rock all the way through the MP lvls but when you more than half the AR your toon is capable of getting and still,get oneshotted through Gloom then there is a problem. Cheng said flat out the defensive nerfs to skills like Gloom was meant to promote build diversity. We now are having the complete opposite effect. We now Have to take two of the following if not all three. Perfection passive, Boar pet, and Turret defensive Bubble. Not to mention Shadow Power in one of its forms is a gimme. So tell me how,this fits in with what Cheng said? Either he was lying or RD in its current form is having an unintended effect. Or Cheng really only meant the Choosen Class when he said what he did. I find either option not acceptable and apparantly so do others.

A question though? For those find no problem with RD. Why you all care if it is removed or changed in such a way to make it more managable tomthe higher dps dealers? I just do not understand why the fuss. Bliz has acknowledged there is an issue so a change will come no matter what we say? So sad that others are trying to keep such a ill thought out affix in the game when it is obviously haveing a negative impact on many players trying to fun. Remember that? Fun, the thing we used to play games for before the introduction of the RMAH.

Any poster who is not able to farm past MP8 should not be posting on how the game has no challenge. Simply move up a lvl and dont worry about it.
Complaining about dying to RD without modifying your play style or gear is like complaing about dying to molten affix when you're wearing Andariel's Visage... and refuse to remove it

yea man, just a bunch of glass cannons who have an ego problem with ' who can get the highest dps '. fact is time and time again, people are asking them to get some defensive stat to handle certain monsters / elites but they wont listen.

i mean they get to farm and kill monsters pretty fast being all glassy but god forbid, something that kills or slows them down is un-acceptable and needs to get a good nerfing.
View profile

Adapting is all fine and well. But forcing us into playing skills recently changed by the design team so they can pat themselves on the back and say "good job, look at all the players now using a pet, sentry, and the perfection passive. We are so AWESOME, We FIXED the DH class". I wish they would completely stop trying to fix our skill set. All they have acomplished imo is makeing me regear every patch and completely give up previously loved skills. In Bizzarro Diablo land everything is backwards. More dps you have the faster you die, every "fix" breaks the game futher. Making it so we are less reliant on powerful defensive skills mean doubly reliant on less than powerful defence skills. Ima keel over with a heart attack if a Blizzard "fix"actually fixes something instead making it useless or breaking something else in the process. Or they actually tell us the real reasons for these "build diversity" fixes that dont help us diversify our builds at all.

I wonder if they think we actually believe Gloom was nerfed so that we would not be so dependant on defensive skills. When the complete opposite is the result. As well from what I hear almost every class is now more dependant on defensive skills than any other point in the game since maybe a couple weeks after launch.
11/03/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Stoneslammer

Problem is for a dps class like DH we are being pigeon holed into a defensive build style when nit all of us want to play that way. I am not say players should be able to rock all the way through the MP lvls but when you more than half the AR your toon is capable of getting and still,get oneshotted through Gloom then there is a problem.

Any poster who is not able to farm past MP8 should not be posting on how the game has no challenge. Simply move up a lvl and dont worry about it.

You have 243AR, are you saying you can't reach 500AR ?

I can farm MP7 effectively but not MP8, want to know why? I can't deal enough damage. because I'm forced to stack just enough AR to deal with Arcane, Desecrate, and Molten. I have a Skorn which gives me 17K more dps, but my survivability goes way down.

BTW if i were to run with 243AR I doubt I could farm MP4 effectively...
i have to carry 2 1 hand crossbow when i encounter RD with Life steal on both of them my dps drops by almost 100k but i have no choice or i spend all my time dead. so yeah i hate RD.
View profile

yea man, just a bunch of glass cannons who have an ego problem with ' who can get the highest dps '. fact is time and time again, people are asking them to get some defensive stat to handle certain monsters / elites but they wont listen.

i mean they get to farm and kill monsters pretty fast being all glassy but god forbid, something that kills or slows them down is un-acceptable and needs to get a good nerfing.

45k damage DH hunter who claims to farm MP5 really should !@#$. Having every other class outdamage you when you play the class with highest dps, is just pathetic an is very easy to see why you have no prob with RD. Not to mention you main Barb. Then you gear and build ur dh like a tank. So just stop this pathetic attempt to undermine this discussion. The whole "glass cannon" arguement is only being used by horribly geared toon with garbage builds or OP Barbs who for some reason dont want any other class to farm as efficiently as they do. In your cases both examples applies.

Stop trying to,justify your horribleness by using pathetic debunked arguements.
Edited by Stoneslammer#1524 on 11/3/2012 4:51 PM PDT

45k damage DH hunter who claims to farm MP5 really should !@#$. Having every other class outdamage you when you play the class with highest dps, is just pathetic an is very easy to see why you have no prob with RD. Not to mention you main Barb. Then you gear and build ur dh like a tank. So just stop this pathetic attempt to undermine this discussion. The whole "glass cannon" arguement is only being used by horribly geared toon with garbage builds or OP Barbs who for some reason dont want any other class to farm as efficiently as they do. In your cases both examples applies.

Stop trying to,justify your horribleness by using pathetic debunked arguements.

you just don't understand do you, how many times do i have to say it, we are not all flooding with gold, it's an alt charac that i enjoy playing and yes i build her to be a 'balanced' build while using a shield. and once again , yes i can play in mp5.

sorry mr. cookie cutter, you go on about how blizzard is stoping you from having build diversity yet you come here and mock my build because it's different, nice one hyprocrite.
View profile
11/03/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Shango

Problem is for a dps class like DH we are being pigeon holed into a defensive build style when nit all of us want to play that way. I am not say players should be able to rock all the way through the MP lvls but when you more than half the AR your toon is capable of getting and still,get oneshotted through Gloom then there is a problem.

You have 243AR, are you saying you can't reach 500AR ?

I can farm MP7 effectively but not MP8, want to know why? I can't deal enough damage. because I'm forced to stack just enough AR to deal with Arcane, Desecrate, and Molten. I have a Skorn which gives me 17K more dps, but my survivability goes way down.

BTW if i were to run with 243AR I doubt I could farm MP4 effectively...

I guess the idea of farming lower MP lvls for drops escapes you eh? I change out of the AR gear and defensive build to,farm MP 1 for drops,very fast.

Ohh poor baby you cant farm MP 8 efficiently? OMFG my heart bleeds for you. With 600 AR I cant farm MP5 efficiently so THANK YOU for proving my point man. Now if you who,has inherent damage mitigation and whose main stat helps mitigate all damage including RD has problems, how you think I feel? Oh yea those affixes you mentioned, dont keep standing in them. See you can actually avoid thise affixes but seem to dense to do that. We CAN NOT avoid RD damage.

How utterly out of touch and full of themselves can you get? Farming MP 7 would be awesome. Dont think many DH know how that feels unfortunately. So all know,what I mean. Farming does not mean being able to merely clear that MP lvl but clear it quickly. Although that 45k dps DH of Razors prolly farms it naked and standing on his head. He is so awesome just like you.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]