Diablo® III

killing myself on reflect damage

check the profiles of the op and all the other noobs who want a nerf

low armor or resist or both

low life on hit or lifesteal or both

"oh yeah, of course"

6500 armor 930 res low? LoH? you funny clown. LoH is for a noob like you, i'm using lifesteal.
2.8% lifesteal weapon, oh yeah i have it, i switch it only for RD.
so !@#$ and stay put 'kay
LOL

You have: Very high DPS,

BUT

Low armor

low Resists

little to no lifesteal

no LOH,

Classic DEEEPPPPSSSS softcore scrub
11/02/2012 03:14 AMPosted by Nanaki
My wd has 107k unbuffed dps+soj and bears 1shot me with 50k hp 600all res 4.4k armor. I am already playing on MP4-5 because of reflect, if it wasnt for reflect i could farm MP6-7. Better gear would cost me 100m+ each slot

Proving my point, play lower MP or use other skills.
11/02/2012 03:14 AMPosted by Nanaki
you use a very low dmg build with grasp of the dead and acid cloud lob bomb. If you actually used a strong build you would realise how terrible reflect is

I use a "stronger" build to keyfarm and do Ubers at MP9 (with my friends) and still no problem with RD. Solo I play MP3-5 for efficient farming.
My point is that that you have to play a level suited to your gear and not to expect that all can play at high MP right away.

BUT

Low armor

low Resists

little to no lifesteal

no LOH,

L-E-A-R-N
T-O
R-E-A-D.
As some have said in this thread the difference between RD pre-patch and post-patch is the nerf to our defensive abilities.

I'm a wizard and Energy armor AND prismatic rune got a huge nerf, while RD stats didnt changeand since it's based on our own dps the damage we recieve now is a LOT harsher and to deal with it we need a lot more resist/armor/lifegain than we previously had to.

To be honest i prefered it before the defensive skills nerf, I still feel they are mandatory (no talking about stupid freeze-lock builds, that's another thread topic) unless you have either crazy resist/lifegain or you are farming lower MPs.

I'm not asking for a nerf to RD, but I'd love it if something could be done to put reflect damage back in its old place.
11/02/2012 02:45 AMPosted by tubasteve
This isn't necessary. Just fix it so we can dodge reflect like pre 1.0.5 and all the QQing will stop instantly.

Dodge won't work. Make enough damage now without gloom and you die 100% of the times, with dodge you die every other time.

No improvement.
OMFG now they nerf reflect, fkn noobs quit this game

BUT

Low armor

low Resists

little to no lifesteal

no LOH,

Monsters will kill him then... oh.. no wait? monster hits not the issue here? damage you _youself_ do is!
Edited by Lyriikka#2367 on 11/2/2012 4:15 AM PDT
blizz nerf everything please because its soooo difficult i am a noob and i want to play mp10 also plssssssssss...........................
We know Reflects Damage has been a little more challenging for some players in this patch, so we've been reviewing feedback regarding the affix pretty closely since 1.0.5 released. The actual values for the stat haven't changed at all and, in general, it seems like the issue for players is really just related to increased monster health thanks to Monster Power.

Since monsters have a lot more health in the higher MP levels, not only do fights last longer, but players need to do a lot more damage in order to kill their targets. Of course, that means there's a lot more opportunity for you to get hit with Reflects Damage. So, whereas before the patch, a player may have been able to kill monsters with the Reflects Damage affix no problem and with health to spare, now that fights are lasting longer that same player may not have as much success -- at least, not without making some adjustments to their build or gear.

That said, we do agree that we can make some improvements. For example, we'll be making it so that damage dealt by pets will no longer reflect back to the player. We're also toying with the idea of changing Reflects Damage so that it has a duration and can only be activated by monsters periodically (rather than it always being active), but that's definitely not yet set in stone.

This was what I had said, make it more like shielding works at the moment.
11/02/2012 04:31 AMPosted by Kill
This was what I had said, make it more like shielding works at the moment.

You should instantly be able to detect whether or not monsters are reflectors or not, even when they don't have their shield up.
Reflect is just a badly designed affix, can you just swap reflect for invulnerable minions please? That affix was at least fun to play against and required strategy unlike most of the affixes currently in the game.
mmm...i have about 900 Life regen and i just switch to ca crappy LS ceremonial knife when i encounter ref mobs in mp 5 and don't die. o_O just have to know when to slow down on attacking and run around a bit so you can regen health.
We know Reflects Damage has been a little more challenging for some players in this patch, so we've been reviewing feedback regarding the affix pretty closely since 1.0.5 released. The actual values for the stat haven't changed at all and, in general, it seems like the issue for players is really just related to increased monster health thanks to Monster Power.

Since monsters have a lot more health in the higher MP levels, not only do fights last longer, but players need to do a lot more damage in order to kill their targets. Of course, that means there's a lot more opportunity for you to get hit with Reflects Damage. So, whereas before the patch, a player may have been able to kill monsters with the Reflects Damage affix no problem and with health to spare, now that fights are lasting longer that same player may not have as much success -- at least, not without making some adjustments to their build or gear.

That said, we do agree that we can make some improvements. For example, we'll be making it so that damage dealt by pets will no longer reflect back to the player. We're also toying with the idea of changing Reflects Damage so that it has a duration and can only be activated by monsters periodically (rather than it always being active), but that's definitely not yet set in stone.

*sigh* if they do nerf ref...looks like the casual nooblets have their way again.
11/02/2012 04:49 AMPosted by AsianMagus
mmm...i have about 900 Life regen and i just switch to ca crappy LS ceremonial knife when i encounter ref mobs in mp 5 and don't die. o_O just have to know when to slow down on attacking and run around a bit so you can regen health.

Barbs and monks don't need to do this so why should ranged classes have do this? If they want to make the game harder, cant they just make the monsters HIT harder? Thats way more exciting than running around circles avoiding your _own_ damage.
Edited by Lyriikka#2367 on 11/2/2012 4:55 AM PDT
Just some ideas how reflect damage could work:
- monster with reflect damage have a visible aura around them always
- Reflect damage can take only 2/3 of your hp, if you got less than 1/3 left, then RD doesn't affect you.
I have a 100k+ DPS wiz and two 200k+ DPS demon hunters who do MP10 ubers with me. They do fine. Adapt or die, guys.

It depends on the class, build and gear, but RD can certainly still be a problem in the lower MP levels. Some times I'm rolling through a lower MP when I find a RD pack without realizing it and my health drops suddenly. It's not game breaking, but it can be very annoying to find weird difficulty spikes like that.
11/02/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Lyriikka
Thats way more exciting than running around circles avoiding your _own_ damage.

It's called REFLECT of course you avoid your own damage.

11/02/2012 04:57 AMPosted by Lyriikka
Reflect damage can take only 2/3 of your hp, if you got less than 1/3 left, then RD doesn't affect you.

Errr why not just ask them to completely remove it?

11/02/2012 04:57 AMPosted by Lyriikka
monster with reflect damage have a visible aura around them always

The only smart thing you have said.
The problem: Reflect damage is unavoidable, and ranged does not have the skills to mitigate the incoming damage regularly like melee does.
Reflect damage is avoidable.

And it's pretty simple - you stop attacking. Wait for a potion. Run back. Swap to a lower dps weapon. Swap out some gear for LoH (amulets get up to 1000 LoH I think).

Basically: stop failing.
11/02/2012 04:01 AMPosted by SpeedBumps
My wd has 107k unbuffed dps+soj and bears 1shot me with 50k hp 600all res 4.4k armor. I am already playing on MP4-5 because of reflect, if it wasnt for reflect i could farm MP6-7. Better gear would cost me 100m+ each slot

errrr....ur a vewi vewi bad WD if u one shot urself with those stats o_O i dnt use zombie bears, i spam corpse bomb,add the DoT from grasp + the damage from pets and follower and boom boom from spirit walk and i don't die. o_O
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]