Diablo® III

killing myself on reflect damage

[quote="70035135800"]Reflect damage can take only 2/3 of your hp, if you got less than 1/3 left, then RD doesn't affect you.

Errr why not just ask them to completely remove it?

Wanna save some of it so maybe they nerf barbs in the future and can see some barbs dying to reflect damage! :D
I love how all of you Softcore players whine about dying.

...hilarious
I love how all of you Softcore players whine about dying.

...hilarious

Leave reflect damage as it is for the hardcore side then? :D
Edited by Lyriikka#2367 on 11/2/2012 5:25 AM PDT
11/02/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Lyriikka
Wanna save some of it so maybe they nerf barbs in the future and can see some barbs dying to reflect damage! :D

Barbs, like all the other 4 classes, die to reflect too if they do't know what the hell they're doing.
11/02/2012 05:25 AMPosted by AsianMagus

Barbs, like all the other 4 classes, die to reflect too if they do't know what the hell they're doing.

What do they do then besides having 30% DR, nice defensive main stat, passives and gear which all helps to mitigate the damage. Besides those what do they do? What are their tricks?
i like the idea of reflect damage being up periodically. rd also needs some sort of graphical effect (like a thorns aura) because its sometimes hard to read the monsters affixes, especially rd, before its to late. most of the affixes are visualized but not rd which i would love to be able to see beforehand.
11/01/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
We're also toying with the idea of changing Reflects Damage so that it has a duration and can only be activated by monsters periodically (rather than it always being active), but that's definitely not yet set in stone.

Is it always active? When I throw my biggest spell (Arcane Orb Obliteration) at a Reflect Damage mob sometimes my health takes a hit and sometime it does not. Also, I don't think I get damage reflected back at me when I freeze an enemy and then hit them while they are frozen.

If it seems like I am taking too much damage from reflect damage by using my siphoning blades and arcane orb I use my Ray of Frost because the damage reflected off that attack is really small and my life regen keeps it from having an effect on my health pool.

That said, we do agree that we can make some improvements. For example, we'll be making it so that damage dealt by pets will no longer reflect back to the player. We're also toying with the idea of changing Reflects Damage so that it has a duration and can only be activated by monsters periodically (rather than it always being active), but that's definitely not yet set in stone.

A. Cut its effectiveness by 50%
B. Increase lifesteal availability
C. Remove the affix
D. Activation Period

My pets don't nearly crit hard enough for that to make an impact.

Sounds like at this point you guys are toying with D....
personally think they should just increase the globe rate when fighting a reflect pack, this should keep it's intended purpose while allowing a little more survivability for the higher monster powers. I play my demon hunter at 5 and can survive okay with good ss and globe timing.
Edited by OpenWound#1205 on 11/2/2012 6:15 AM PDT
There's a strange issue with reflect damage and some other affixes. Mostly, reflect damage only hits for a small portion of my damage. But when its combined with the health link affix, the damage reflected shoots WAY up. There are a couple others I've noticed slight variations with, but that's the worst offender by far.

This is due to a bug. It is different moments in the dmg calculation that life steal is calculated than is damage reflect, which means with a pack of 4, all being alive, health link and damage reflect will mean that you get 1/4 of your life steal, but 100% of your dmg reflect.
Reported this as a bug 1 week ago, whether it was acknowloedged or not I do not know.
I see the same thing with the lifelink.
Dodge should also work with reflect damage again.
11/01/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
For example, we'll be making it so that damage dealt by pets will no longer reflect back to the player.

This is great news! Thanks for listening to all the feedback about this.
Posted by SpeedBumps
My wd has 107k unbuffed dps+soj and bears 1shot me with 50k hp 600all res 4.4k armor. I am already playing on MP4-5 because of reflect, if it wasnt for reflect i could farm MP6-7. Better gear would cost me 100m+ each slot

errrr....ur a vewi vewi bad WD if u one shot urself with those stats o_O i dnt use zombie bears, i spam corpse bomb,add the DoT from grasp + the damage from pets and follower and boom boom from spirit walk and i don't die. o_O

I qouted someother WD (post#116)... I have no trouble with RD
Edited by SpeedBumps#2628 on 11/2/2012 7:01 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
11/02/2012 05:16 AMPosted by CyberGoat
The problem: Reflect damage is unavoidable, and ranged does not have the skills to mitigate the incoming damage regularly like melee does.
Reflect damage is avoidable.

And it's pretty simple - you stop attacking. Wait for a potion. Run back. Swap to a lower dps weapon. Swap out some gear for LoH (amulets get up to 1000 LoH I think).

Basically: stop failing.

And stop playing. Yeah, that's not a fun way to deal with a game.

I actually put on my barb's weapon(you can see it with 950 loh) and a shield and reflect damage hurt even more. My dps went down by 15k, and I gained 60 res and 1100 armor yet my health still dropped like a rock against RD. you see wizards have !@#$ coefficients because of the constant nerfs so loh is pretty much useless. my 2% blizzard coefficient isn't going to save me if I have 1000 loh or 10000 loh.

One thing I hope blizzard realizes is the reason RD is such a problem is the people that are trying to swap out skills like prismatic armor(which you wanted us to do) are struggling with reflect damage more than others. Before the patch when prismatic armor gave 65% armor and 45% resist all it was not as big of a concern. now that I have lost all that mitigation reflect damage is significantly stronger and harder to deal with.
Edited by Jars#1772 on 11/2/2012 7:23 AM PDT
I like the challenge of Reflect..
The changes that you outlined would be great, actually. I found that using turrets as a DH vs anything with reflect damage was pretty much guaranteed suicide.
11/02/2012 07:21 AMPosted by Conan
I like the challenge of Reflect..

I like faster monster that hit harder and have nastyer specialities. I prefer that over reflect damage.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]