Diablo® III

Infernal Machine Co-Op too hard

Blizzard has described the Infernal Machine as being 'about' equal to the difficulty of Diablo on the same difficulty.

Blizzard has stated that there is no longer a damage increase when multiple players are in the same party. (1.0.3)

I attempted the Infernal Machine with a co-op partner with MP level 1. We were sadly unable to take the duo (SK/Magda). We were both being nearly one-shotted and just overall destroyed. We didn't even succeed to the point of getting one of them down, or even to half health. Both players had over 100k DPS. After failing, I decided to ditch my duo partner, and I had relatively no trouble.

After feeling that things were not quite right, I decided to test by going to fight Diablo. I set the monster power to level 3. Based on the facts stated by Blizzard regarding cooperative damage, monster power levels, and the difficulty of the Infernal Machine, this should have made the fight harder than the original duo. To take this a step further, I set multiple restrictions: No using the health-wells, No using WotB, no using potions.

Finally, I decided to go one step further and take the same rules to MP4. This took a few attempts (still no WotB) and felt much closer to what the Infernal Machine was with two players on MP1. Though, I would still say Diablo was easier. The only real challenge was avoiding prisons or moving quickly after getting hit by one.

So I guess I am just asking, is Infernal Machine just that much harder, or is there something broken about Co-Op? Because as stated, without my Co-Op partner, the Infernal Machine became VERY easy.

The build used for all of these tests is that seen in my profile. I did NOT swap WotB for another spell, I simply did not use it.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRyNkDnbUM&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Continued investigation shows perhaps SK/Magda is a harder composition? I have tried again on MP1 with a second player NOT joining the battle(Larder duo). It was VERY easy. I also went at another Diablo attempt, this time MP6 with no restrictions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7If5B0q-yXE&feature=youtu.be

If I can duplicate the SK/Magda combo issues, I will post that video as well. It was honestly the most difficult fight I had ever encountered (on MP1).
Edited by Visualcode#1251 on 11/10/2012 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
129 allres? mkay...
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Nightowl
129 allres? mkay...

End of thread.
Reply Quote
You won the fail badge.
Reply Quote
I just got finished with my 31st Uber fight! And guess what? NO RING! All were MP 4-6, and now I have 3 spines, 4 fangs, and not a single eye. This game is broken. No one plays anymore, because they realize its a giant waste of time. Literally 85% of players have left the game and it now sits on the shelf at Wal-Mart for $9.99. Wish I had my 600+ hours back. GJ with your balance and drop rates Blizz. Fail.
Reply Quote
100k dps and 1 hp LOL
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Han
I just got finished with my 31st Uber fight! And guess what? NO RING! All were MP 4-6, and now I have 3 spines, 4 fangs, and not a single eye. This game is broken. No one plays anymore, because they realize its a giant waste of time. Literally 85% of players have left the game and it now sits on the shelf at Wal-Mart for $9.99. Wish I had my 600+ hours back. GJ with your balance and drop rates Blizz. Fail.

HES TAKING HIS BALL AND GOING HOME!.

Dude you sound like a 5 year old spoiled little brat. Seriously.
Reply Quote
You can call my resist /thread, but ... It still doesn't add up. Why is it that I can beat Diablo on MP4 without using my most powerful ability? I can stand in his fire-circles without instantly melting despite my Andariel's Visage.

I can farm as far up as MP6(Never tried further), I don't run around kiting everything. I stand in desecration, stand in plague, stand in arcane orbs, and destroy monsters. Of course, I move my way out of them if I can, but I don't kite for days when the pools stack up, and I don't instantly melt.
Reply Quote
Ummm I would like to know what you read.
Blizzard said EACH boss with no mp would be equal to INFERNO diablo.
Meaning with no MP it should be twice as hard as 1.0.4 inferno diablo.
Stop being such a bad player, it's not hard.
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Lenor
You won the fail badge.
Reply Quote
So mp4 inferno with 129 all res... I think I see the problem here. Oh and Id like to see a vid of you taking diablo breath attack standing with only that much mitigation without melting.
Edited by chancesz#6867 on 11/4/2012 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Diablo has a breath attack? I know he has the fire-bolt nova, he has the fire-ball that turns to AOE on the ground, he has the cages. I can't recall a fire-breath. I could try to post a video later though, I guess. I think I have fraps. If not anyone know of a free one?

I understand most people don't get my build. I dropped war-cry, I dropped all my resist, I dropped everything. I used to be about 30k DPS with high resist, I didn't like it, I wont go back. But... I am trying to place why just upping it to two players made it near impossible while Diablo (a fire boss) is not that bad with MP4 (solo) without my strongest ability, without potions, without health-wells, despite my Andariel's Visage.
Reply Quote
Ubers are significantly easier in Co-Op. If you failed in Co-Op, enjoy your failfest solo.
Reply Quote
Explain why it is "failfest" solo if it's harder (in your opinion) and I succeed?
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 07:52 AMPosted by chancesz
So mp4 inferno with 129 all res... I think I see the problem here. Oh and Id like to see a vid of you taking diablo breath attack standing with only that much mitigation without melting.

I assume by breath you mean his lightning attack. I can't just stand and take it, but I can if I pop my ignore pain. I went ahead and attached a video of me fighting Diablo on MP4 without use of WotB. I did use potions, I didn't use the health-well. I tried without the pots, but, it's too dangerous and I didn't want to do 5 attempts.

Please remember my point is, based on what Blizzard has said, the duo should without a doubt be easier with two players than was this fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRyNkDnbUM&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
Like many people have already stated the issue is your resistances. You're taking massive damage because of that. A couple hundred more points into all resist will go a LONG way (upwards of 30% damage reduction from all sources easily). It's very easy to do, and you won't have to sacrifice much STR or VIT in the process.
Edited by theodore#1898 on 11/4/2012 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Visualcode

I assume by breath you mean his lightning attack. I can't just stand and take it, but I can if I pop my ignore pain. I went ahead and attached a video of me fighting Diablo on MP4 without use of WotB. I did use potions, I didn't use the health-well. I tried without the pots, but, it's too dangerous and I didn't want to do 5 attempts.

Please remember my point is, based on what Blizzard has said, the duo should without a doubt be easier with two players than was this fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRyNkDnbUM&feature=youtu.be

It should be, unless 1 of you keeps dying.

Diablo is easier to handle because he is alone. You can pretty much dodge everything from him except his tele attack in shadow realm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]