Diablo® III

Hellfire should salvage into a random organ

We've definitely discussed the possibility of allowing Hellfire Rings to salvage into component pieces, and have debated your feedback quite heavily as a part of that process. While we understand why players would like Hellfire Rings to salvage into demonic organs (or even Keywarden keys), we don't think that's the right way to go right now since it would essentially let you skip some encounters completely. It's something we may revisit in the future, though, once the event has been around for a longer period of time.

We do agree with you, however, that the rings should be able to salvage into Brimstones, in addition to Magic and Rare crafting materials. The reason we didn't go with Brimstones originally was that we wanted to avoid the situation where you could always get that particular mat from a single item, over and over. The idea doesn't really sync up with our design philosophy, and the market is pretty saturated with Brimstones as-is. Even so, we know that it can feel cheap to not have a chance to get a Legendary material from a Legendary item, and we don't feel like our original reasons continue to hold up in light of the feedback you've provided us.

Since I know this will get brought up: We're also exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones, as well as crafting in general. We feel like the system itself could use some revamping, but we're not yet at a point where we can discuss what kind of changes we're considering. We haven't ruled out the possibility of introducing new recipes at some point in the future, though, or introducing other ways for players to put their crafting materials to good use.

Just wanted to throw this out here, since I know the BS and crafting is an issue that eventually must improve. Here is a link to an earlier thread where I suggested some ideas to help the BS and hopefully give it more balance:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6678988846?page=2#21

I know this may get lost before you get to read it, but who knows. There is so much on this forum, its hard for information both good and bad to get read I'm sure.

Thanks for taking the time to provide some info on the salvaging of the rings.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
While we understand why players would like Hellfire Rings to salvage into demonic organs (or even Keywarden keys), we don't think that's the right way to go right now since it would essentially let you skip some encounters completely

duh, meaning skip repeating certain encounters?
Edited by MFCA#1925 on 11/20/2012 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
While we understand why players would like Hellfire Rings to salvage into demonic organs (or even Keywarden keys), we don't think that's the right way to go right now since it would essentially let you skip some encounters completely.

Really?

Eventually any player would HAVE to go through those encounters.

If you could salvage 1 ring for one organ you still need 2 organs which means 6 keys and that means 6 encounters (if not more depending on rng/mp level) and then after that 2 uber bosses where you hope you'll get an organ drop (and not the organ that you got from salvaging the ring in the first place).
Reply Quote
How about letting players salvage organs into other organs? Say 5 of one organ will salvage into one of another type?
Reply Quote

Since I know this will get brought up: We're also exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones, as well as crafting in general.

You just did.
Reply Quote

Since I know this will get brought up: We're also exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones, as well as crafting in general. We feel like the system itself could use some revamping, but we're not yet at a point where we can discuss what kind of changes we're considering. We haven't ruled out the possibility of introducing new recipes at some point in the future, though, or introducing other ways for players to put their crafting materials to good use.

You guys need to consider more things to do with stuff rather than just making gear to kill things. For instance, Brimstones could be used for crafting cosmetic costumes (who isn't sick of looking at the same char every day? How many people purchase Capcom and Valve's digital goods just to have some visual variance and customization; there's demand here try not to overlook this) or used as a form of currency to purchase non-combat specific goods.

If all there is to do in D3 is to kill monsters in the same acts from now until PVP comes out, no matter what you do, people will get bored of killing AI in Act 3. You could essentially just describe killing act 3 as being Diablo 3 - get more gear to kill more monsters in act 3. Give people more things to hunt; rewards should go beyond just gear to increase efficiency to farm the same thing again - not that there is anything wrong with this but having more things to do on the side is always a good thing.
Reply Quote
no.
Reply Quote
B
U
M
P

I
T

U
P
!
Reply Quote
Bring back charms from d3 too while youre at it!
Reply Quote
D2*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]