Diablo® III

Hellfire should salvage into a random organ

Thanks for causing brim's to skyrocket Lyrilla, made 78m flipping, your the best, can you do this weekly, and post some vague thing about some commodities, so I have an actualway to earn real gold. KK thanks
Reply Quote
I wonder if this will fix the saturation problems with tears. I guess its time to start prospecting.
Reply Quote
Since I know this will get brought up: We're also exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones, as well as crafting in general. We feel like the system itself could use some revamping, but we're not yet at a point where we can discuss what kind of changes we're considering. We haven't ruled out the possibility of introducing new recipes at some point in the future, though, or introducing other ways for players to put their crafting materials to good use.

Very clever timing of this statement.

Just by saying this you forced up the brimstones on the AH by tons, people have gone and bought 1000's of brimstones and hoarding them now expecting them to be worth much more very soon.

You and I both know this won't be something that will happen for at least a few months, the RMAH made more money when brimstones were needed, now as a short boost to what it makes you, you have just started a mass panic buy from people.

Yesterday on HC they were 20k each, today already at 100k (I am willing to bet the same thing happened on sc)

Others might not realise how the market works, but I do, and I am disappointed you said this knowing full well what effect this would have on the current market prices.

Since you have decided to ruin the current prices for those of us who do still actively craft, why not tell people what your time frame is so as to not let the panic continue.
Reply Quote
to bad my post for more space in our town chest was ignored multiple times and i had to salvage the 15rings in my chest the other night
Reply Quote
Boss share some hellfire rings :D I dont play much everday so its hard to farm :(
Reply Quote
I got an idea

how about...

3x hellfire ring = add 1 socket to an item of your choice?

(didn't bother to read the whole thread but....)
Reply Quote
salvage brimstones and hellfires into portable shrine buff potions (with 1hr duration consumption meter that persists across game sessions in a 24hr period)
Reply Quote
Salvaging a Hellfire Ring into a component organ isn't a great idea. It won't break the economy in any way, but the next time a dupe comes out (and all the realistic people know it will happen eventually) duping Hellfires will yield unlimited organs ----> unlimited chances to get ideally statted rings for all your characters and followers, bypassing thousands of hours of fair gameplay.
Actually, I'm almost hoping that they salvage into organs now >:)
Reply Quote
They should allow it to salvage into one random organ, or at least the chance to salvage one random organ.
Reply Quote
Salvaging a Hellfire Ring into a component organ isn't a great idea. It won't break the economy in any way, but the next time a dupe comes out (and all the realistic people know it will happen eventually) duping Hellfires will yield unlimited organs ----> unlimited chances to get ideally statted rings for all your characters and followers, bypassing thousands of hours of fair gameplay.
Actually, I'm almost hoping that they salvage into organs now >:)

You do realise the problem isn't about hellfire rings salvaging into organs, but that of duping, right? Just because Blizzard failed to clamp down on duping doesn't mean you trash all ideas associated with it. Otherwise, you'll have to close down the AH too. Might as well remove all legendaries since they can be duped and salvaged into brimstones, and we don't want a gazillion brimstones out there, do we?
Edited by Hayrich#6694 on 11/21/2012 3:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
black smith is so fkking useless even if you give him i63 recipes. The reason is not because it cannot roll i63 stat, it is because the cost of rolling is extremely high and not affected by the market.

Just to illustrated, i craft 300 six props one hand axe. Guess how many of these axes actually sold for higher than its crafting cost? 6!!

that's right 6!, I'm not even talking about multi-mil sale. i am talking about 200k-300k only.

I just wasted 40mil worth of gold. I might as well buy an overprice axe that's around 40mil.

even in the ideal world where there is no crafting cost, i would still lose gold, giving that 294/300 are worth less than 5k.

I know black smith is suppose to be a gold sink, but who the hell is going to sink his gold so he can not only not gain any progress but reverse his progress as well.
Reply Quote
Isn't it obvious they're going to allow crafting of level 63 affixes on Legendary items by what they said? It was pretty much said, just not directly, yet you are still suggesting it like you didn't get the hint. This isn't the first time it was said either. Clearly they're not allowed to say it yet and they're giving out obvious hints, yet some of you aren't picking up on it.
Reply Quote
I like the idea that HF rings have a chance to salvage into an organ. And if you don't make the roll for that they could salvage into a machine or key.
Reply Quote
Thanks Lylirra, now I at least get 60k from all these trash legs. See your mere hinted words have helped stimulate this broken economy. Imagine if you had even more communications from the devs more frequently, the market might actually be worth it again!
Reply Quote
We've definitely discussed the possibility of allowing Hellfire Rings to salvage into component pieces, and have debated your feedback quite heavily as a part of that process. While we understand why players would like Hellfire Rings to salvage into demonic organs (or even Keywarden keys), we don't think that's the right way to go right now since it would essentially let you skip some encounters completely. It's something we may revisit in the future, though, once the event has been around for a longer period of time.

We do agree with you, however, that the rings should be able to salvage into Brimstones, in addition to Magic and Rare crafting materials. The reason we didn't go with Brimstones originally was that we wanted to avoid the situation where you could always get that particular mat from a single item, over and over. The idea doesn't really sync up with our design philosophy, and the market is pretty saturated with Brimstones as-is. Even so, we know that it can feel cheap to not have a chance to get a Legendary material from a Legendary item, and we don't feel like our original reasons continue to hold up in light of the feedback you've provided us.

Since I know this will get brought up: We're also exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones, as well as crafting in general. We feel like the system itself could use some revamping, but we're not yet at a point where we can discuss what kind of changes we're considering. We haven't ruled out the possibility of introducing new recipes at some point in the future, though, or introducing other ways for players to put their crafting materials to good use.

Are you guys just trying to be diplomatic or are you incredibly myopic?

"You" (Blizzard) have said you guys don't think doing the same thing over and over is fun... Then you set up the hellfire ring process which is running the same thing over and over.

You don't want the Hellfire rings to salvage into organs because it would cut out tedious, boring monotony?

You didn't want them to break down into brimstones because you didn't want people to EXPLOIT RUNNING UBERS FOR A SINGLE FREAKING BRIMSTONE!? Was that honestly your logic? It wouldn't matter if the ring broke down into 40 brimstone; brimstone are useless because crafting is a waste of time and resources that guarantees you an inferior level 62 item.

At a minimum, one hellfire ring requires killing the three key wardens three times. This is nine games of finding five stacks because in "your" (Blizzard, obviously, not you personally) infinite wisdom, the game has been designed so we can't go from act 1, to act 2, to act 3 without leaving the game or playing through the whole (garbage) storyline... in which case changing acts still takes your stacks. After that, you have to make a tenth game, get another 5 stacks (50 total by now, at a minimum) and kill three pairs of uber bosses all for a CHANCE at an organ.

And "you" thought the inevitable crap ring produced salvaging for a single brimstone would be exploited to flood the market?

This is the most abysmal train of thought and shows a total lack of proper priorities.

This might have been a valid concern if running ubers didn't take several hours. It might have been a valid concern if everyone could run MP 10 with their eyes closed. It might have been a valid concern if crafting wasn't a total joke and brimstone has some slight degree of value (say, legendary + brimstone = re-roll)... But none of that is the case.

You guys really need to stop making fun a dirty word. Multiple aspects of the game have been cut or dumbed down in the sake of something as laughable as what 'you' call balance, meanwhile, barbs with 5m in gear are sprinting through MP7 in godmode.

Where is the fun? You guys definitely got mindless grind down, but where is the ability to reroll items? Where is using specific items to craft items with specific mods? Where is socketing items? Where is an endless, random dungeon? Where is a survival mode arena that spawns endless waves until you die? Where are interesting item properties beyond base stats and laughable crap like 1.2% chance to bleed for 5-10 damage over 20 seconds? Where is 10% chance to cast energy armor on rare belts? 20% chance to cast lighting nova when struck on rare armor? Where is life steal on jewelry? Where is anything remotely interesting that isn't a 2 billion gold legendary only 0.1% of the player base can afford? Where are socketables with stats more inspired than just base stats?

At every turn, you guys have had the chance to innovate, and every time, you went the safe, uninspired route so you could chase balance. The game is pretty balanced when you factor out barbarians; every class sucks equally and all gear is main stat, vit, AR, and then crit, crit damage, attack speed, or life on hit where it spawns. Gearing up is the most linear, predictable, dull process possible. There is no variety in gear. Every item can have 6 properties, but no slot has more than 6 worth while properties that spawn! There is defacto best gear simply because you don't have to choose between anything. All the desirable properties a slot can spawn fit with room to spare. Look at shoulders; Vit, Main stat, AR. That's it. Those are the only meaningful survival wise mods that spawn on a six property item. Anything without those is useless. Pickup radius is nice, but MF and GF are more or less useless with NV stacks, MP levels, and paragon levels.

I don't know why I'm typing this up as it's highly unlikely it'll even be read... I'm just that irritated and let down. There was all this talk of making the game epic and not wanting to constrain fun and letting people feel powerful like the broke the game... and then we're given a terrible story that interferes with just playing the game (skip the story or kill bosses, can't have both), we get terrible itemization that is a massive step back from D2 (sets especially), we get dumbed down mechanics for every aspect of the game like how stat points are manually assigned because you didn't want them to be a focus of the game... and then you make the bulk of gear revolve around them...

I dunno... I'm just venting because I'm incredibly frustrated and disappointed at how badly Diablo 3 has failed to surpass -or even meet- the standards set by its THIRTEEN YEAR OLD predecessor, and then we get messages like yours saying you guys are keeping an eye on or have thoughts on something that you might fix months down the road that shouldn't have even been an issue to begin with.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
While we understand why players would like Hellfire Rings to salvage into demonic organs (or even Keywarden keys), we don't think that's the right way to go right now since it would essentially let you skip some encounters completely.

That's the whole point. After 30 bad rings, you realise how much of a waste of time farming this ring is because the time it takes to get the keys, fight the ubers, get all the organs & craft a ring, you could have used that time to powerlevel paragon and have the same chance to find a superior rare ring while doing so.

We want to skip this because it feels inefficient.
Reply Quote
We've definitely discussed the possibility of allowing Hellfire Rings to salvage into component pieces, and have debated your feedback quite heavily as a part of that process. While we understand why players would like Hellfire Rings to salvage into demonic organs (or even Keywarden keys), we don't think that's the right way to go right now since it would essentially let you skip some encounters completely. It's something we may revisit in the future, though, once the event has been around for a longer period of time.

We do agree with you, however, that the rings should be able to salvage into Brimstones, in addition to Magic and Rare crafting materials. The reason we didn't go with Brimstones originally was that we wanted to avoid the situation where you could always get that particular mat from a single item, over and over. The idea doesn't really sync up with our design philosophy, and the market is pretty saturated with Brimstones as-is. Even so, we know that it can feel cheap to not have a chance to get a Legendary material from a Legendary item, and we don't feel like our original reasons continue to hold up in light of the feedback you've provided us.

If it was random, how would it let you skip encounters entirely? And, since you can't pick which portal you open... again, how would it let you skip encounters? All it would do, literally the only cause, would be that it made it slightly less painful to farm up your next mats for the HFR when you get a useless roll.
Reply Quote
Maybe it is just me, I enjoy ubers. I am not on a quest to hit P100 super fast and enjoy getting the stuff, organizing a group, and fighting harder mobs.

You guys keep looking at it from a perspective of time detracting from paragon leveling.

There are a lot of people like me who just enjoy something different from time to time instead of endlessly grinding A3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
11/20/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
introducing other ways for players to put their crafting materials to good use.

This thought intrigues me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]