Diablo® III

Vile Ward not worth price... at all.

I noticed the prices on vile ward are a bit.... dumb. I compared the stats on my 1 million gold shoulders (160+ intel, 70+ vit, 80 resist all) to a 100 mil Vile Ward. The diff was 22 ish vitality, and 200 armor. I understand they are the best shoulders available, but the prices are absurd... has ANYONE sold a VW for that much? I can't see it happening. The above example was definitely not an isolated incident. I've been checking AH for weeks trying to find a cheap one
Reply Quote
It's like the stat trifecta: there's a small group of stats that has everyone after them, so it brings the peak costs on those desirable items to much higher levels.
Reply Quote
Im pretty sure I could find a cheap vile ward (Like 1-2 mil) that I would rather wear over your shoulders.
Reply Quote
I agree. I found my shoulders and a Vile Ward upgrade, though it would be nice to get a 250 str/ 180 vit VW, will cost me so much gold. I need new weapons far more than the VW.
Reply Quote
Yeah couple of days now i've been searching for a decent one, prices are just to crazy.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Stil
Im pretty sure I could find a cheap vile ward (Like 1-2 mil) that I would rather wear over your shoulders.

I doubt it, I check all the time..
Reply Quote

in fact i just checked and a VW with my stats as the minimum goes for 14 mil. the only difference was about 300 armor. Not worth 13 million difference in my opinion
Reply Quote
There is a large gap between good Vile Wards and bad ones. Some get well over 200 main state, lots of vitality, life regen, and very high all res. Already that's very hard to find on rares, but just to top it off Vile Ward has the highest armor of any of the shoulders.
Reply Quote
My VW was around 7m, maybe less.
Reply Quote
OP isnt taking into account the Life Regeneration on Vile Ward. You want the best stats u gotta pay lots.
Reply Quote
The only reason to get a Vile Ward is if you are not a Barb because they can find rare shoulders with over 200 STR . Then only if you are buying them with over 200 of your main stat. That being DEX or Vit. Absolutely no reason to buy a VW if it has under 200 INT/DEX unless it is priced right.

Edit: Forgot the Life regen the poster above mentioned. But if you are rich enough to buy for that prop you might as well get VW with over 200 main stat while you at it.
Edited by Stoneslammer#1524 on 11/6/2012 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
I sold a VW with 250int 130vit for 250mil.
They are BiS if they roll double main stats + vit
Reply Quote
It has life regenerate , a lot of people are crazy over that.
Reply Quote

Knowledge level of item prices: 0
Reply Quote
Bad vile wards are overrated and overpriced. Good ones are some of the best shoulders in the game.
Edited by hampster#1586 on 11/6/2012 8:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
it's all about the life per second bro
Reply Quote
I want some with pick up on them and vit. too much.
Reply Quote
Legendaries are the new rare's. You can get a Vile Ward equal to yours for 3 milion gold. A maxed out one will cost you 100 million gold.
Reply Quote
I bought my Vile Ward when the gold price was cheap. If I could find a better set as a rare I would do it in a heartbeat if the stats were better. My rings and ammy are better than the Legs I had so they went to the AH a while ago.
Reply Quote
Vile Ward's look great!

Seriously but, i can't seem to take em off and get a rare mainly because of the huge armor i get with this. Same with Strongarm bracers as well. Easily get a better roll from a rare bracer but not the armor.

And yes Vile Ward was what got me hooked onto life regen in the first place.

My VW was for 7mil.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]