Diablo® III

Vile Ward not worth price... at all.

also only vile ward can get over 200 int which rare shoulders cannot.

best vile wards cost over billions.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Stil
Im pretty sure I could find a cheap vile ward (Like 1-2 mil) that I would rather wear over your shoulders.

You WILL NOT find Vile Wards with vit on them for that price. I'm sorry.
Reply Quote
View profile

Lol wtf, that seems like a bit of an overstatement.

Price check on my wiz's vile wards?
Reply Quote
Sorry but what?

Viles are not over priced at all, today there was a 260 something Dex with good Vit roll and Life% for 200M with a few hours left, thats a steal at that price. Yes rares can roll great, but for DH, Viles armor is a huge plus with those kind of stats. Too many DH's over look armor as a stat.
Reply Quote

No, the best Vile Wards cost 50m - 100m, depending on what you're looking for. A Vile Ward with so-and-so stats, if you look it up, will probably have a few listed for hundreds of millions or even over a billion. If you sort it by buyout, you'll find nearly exactly the same ones for way, way cheaper.

Items that are listed for billions aren't worth billions, they are just listed for billions.
Reply Quote

No, the best Vile Wards cost 50m - 100m, depending on what you're looking for. A Vile Ward with so-and-so stats, if you look it up, will probably have a few listed for hundreds of millions or even over a billion. If you sort it by buyout, you'll find nearly exactly the same ones for way, way cheaper.

Items that are listed for billions aren't worth billions, they are just listed for billions.

i guess you never deal with high end market. best vile ward get close to perfect stat with 270-290 int/dex, 60-80vit, and life % bonus. if u don't put max on buyout your search filter, u can look at the one with bids. just click on one of those and you can see with hundred of mils already in bids.

they have been sold for 1 billion all the time.
Edited by okarin#1794 on 11/6/2012 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
radiant star gems giving you a few measly extra main stat was never worth the price either.
Reply Quote
Agree with OP, my rare is 190 Str, 150 Vit, 65 AR - yes the AR is lowish and I can a good armour boost with Vile, but unless I can afford a Vile with good Vit/Life %, I will have to drop plenty of Vit for a mediocre one.

Can we have an alternative legendary to VW? Plus stats on shoulders are already quite limited.
Reply Quote
Show me rare shoulders that give 800 armor....... there are none.

My vile ward gives me a huge boost in armor over rares, i purposely bought a high roll of strength on my dex vileward for the armor..... not to mention that life regen is nice, plus 200 main stat with vit.

No rare can come close to rolling that.

Definitely worth the 20 some odd million I payed.
Edited by jxfuller#1507 on 11/6/2012 11:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Shoulders have least amount of awesome properties, The best mods for shoulders are:

High primary stat
Vitatlity
Life %
Life Regeneration
Armor
All Res
Mf & gf (if needed)

A vile ward can have them all, and it automaticly rolls primary, life regen, armor, and all res, so its a great start to perfectly rolled shoulders.
Reply Quote
keep in mind that linear stats increase will result in exponential price increase at the high level. something that gives 15% more primary stat while everything else holding the same will be worth way more than 15% for top level items. of course, a lot of people do overprice viles.

that being said, actually a rare shoulder can beat a vile (in terms of BiS), because the life regen can roll additional primary stat+vit or %life instead on a rare (while everything rolling the same). shoulders like that are super rare though and will cost tons of money
Reply Quote
View profile
VW's are ugly. Found my shoulders and I will keep them over a VW.
Reply Quote
Oh look another guy who doesnt understand how awesome life regen is

Also, Vile Wards look so badass it automatically makes the price worth it
Reply Quote
such a vile ward can be bought cheaply. Of course its a better tier armor because when you want the best, you will have to pay premium (for armor and extra stats), but im sure such vile ward can be found much, much cheaper than 100 mil, just people tend to put up insane prices on any legendary they find.
Reply Quote
i gotta have that regen. vile ward rules
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Soranamae
Oh look another guy who doesnt understand how awesome life regen is

regen is good but 12% life or additional primary stat+vit is better (than 300 or so regen) IMO
Reply Quote
Vile Ward will definitely be one of my last upgrades. My current shoulders cost 1.2 mil. An extra 90 int and 10-20 AR is totally not worth 30-50 mil. There are so many other items that can give you much more bang for the buck.
Reply Quote
I bought my shoulders in AH for 6 million. A Vile Ward with equivalent ehp is...probably 40-50 million.
Reply Quote
OP overlooking "ARMOR" and "Life Regen" standard on vile wards.

Also, i'm pretty certain i can find u much better for 10m. I didn't pay anywhere near the 100m just yesterday to upgrade from my old VW mine, and it has a 12% life mod, which is a lot better than your low vit roll, plus 180str, armor, and life regen....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]