Diablo® III

Vile Ward not worth price... at all.

I bought mine VW for 30mil
Reply Quote
Who doesn't want goat horns sticking out of their shoulders ? That's why they're BIS.
Reply Quote
I will get it once I don't need mf gear.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 12:48 AMPosted by DeLq
Who doesn't want goat horns sticking out of their shoulders ? That's why they're BIS.

I don't like Horns sticking out of my shoulders, it ruins my S&M get up for my Barbie Doll.

I have this instead;
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/anoobys/Untitled-2.jpg

As good as a decent Vile Ward and 1/4 the Price ROFL!
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 07:53 PMPosted by BBopMcJiggy
the only difference was about 300 armor

The armor is very nice for non str classes that can benefit from some. The life regen is also very nice for some builds. Combine that and high primary + high resist and they become the best shoulders commonly available and affordable for most classes. If one of these selling points (eg regen or armor) is almost useless to your build/playstyle then you are paying for something you dont need so you're better off looking for a rare without those stats.

Also yellow shoulders have a cap of 200dex/int, and 300 str, its the slot for bonus str. Vile wards breaks this cap and rolls up to 300 dex 300 int, so higher rolled int/dex vile wards are expensive and bis.
Edited by Boulder#1909 on 11/7/2012 1:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have this instead;

Yeah that is pretty much a vile ward with a lil less armor and no double resist. Nice buy, I'd definately use that too for the price difference but I think you just got lucky. I assume there are enough people out there regularly looking for a deal like that, gotta grab it fast if you find one.
Reply Quote
I have this instead;

Yeah that is pretty much a vile ward with a lil less armor and no double resist. Nice buy, I'd definately use that too for the price difference but I think you just got lucky. I assume there are enough people out there regularly looking for a deal like that, gotta grab it fast if you find one.

Well most people will just search for Vile Ward, so armors like these will get missed a lot.

I listed the stats I wanted, Str, Vit, AllRes and Armor and this piece came up with bonus HP Regen like a Vile Ward, for a measly 7M it was sitting there for almost 12hrs, 1Day left, LOL!

Just got lucky that some noob thought that just because it was a Rare it wasn't on par with a Legendary like a Vile Ward, and similar Vile Wards listed was around 40M.
Edited by JaceAltair#2678 on 11/7/2012 1:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
From perspective of a barb main, where the rare shoulders can roll the same stats as the best barb vile wards, comparable vile wards to the rare I'm using cost over 3x (VW with 100+ armor 2-12 more AR but less 9% life).

I'm guessing many specifically search vile wards and don't even see comparable rares show up in their searches.
Reply Quote
OP is a moron.

My Wizard's Vile Ward has more Int, a lot more armor and life regen. I bought it for 7.5m. Not 100m.
Reply Quote
OP is a moron.

My Wizard's Vile Ward has more Int, a lot more armor and life regen. I bought it for 7.5m. Not 100m.

A bit harsh but entirely true. Throwing away ~250 armor and XXX Life Regen is kooky. If you check out most of the Legendary/Set iLevel 63 gear you'll see they pretty much all have bonus armor. It is there for a reason.

Should slot doesn't seem like the greatest spot to look for Vitality either. Obviously it's better to have some than none but shoot for 200+ stat first. Base Vile Ward has 170-200 stat by default. It is literally better than the 161 the OP is wearing without trying. OP shoulders also have 29 Fire Resist, why not trade that for ~250 armor? Armor mitigates all damage, not just fire and ye olde "10 to 1" rule of thumb puts it right within the range of 25 all resist. They also have 88 dex, which is difficult to compare to ~300 life regen due to several mechanics like dex thresholds and EHP rng modeling but the life regen is nothing to sneeze at, IMO.

Looking at the AH right now there are Vile Ward for 1,000,000 gold that match or exceed the OP shoulders. For 5,000,000 you can get ones that are superior in every way. For 100,000 you can get ones that are significantly better in every way barring Vitality.
Reply Quote
Bought a rare shoulders with 168int, 70allres and 316 life per second for 600k. Though they are not good, they cost 2 times less than the same Vile Ward. And anothr important fact is that I can use vanishing dye with them.
Reply Quote
the only difference was about 300 armor. Not worth 13 million difference in my opinion

Well, your opinion is wrong. Also, I can't see the life regen on your shoulders... maybe it's a display bug.
Reply Quote
If rare shoulders existed that could match the stats of my VW, than I would have bought them.
Reply Quote
Just found a Vile ward and Im wondering how much I should sell it. Wasnt able to take a screenshot so here are the complete stat:

640 Armor
72 strenght
217 Intelligence
88 Vitality
79 All Res
+264 Armor
Life regen 300 per sec

I think it's a pretty good one. What you guys think? Thanks
Reply Quote
OP is a moron.

Well then youre lucky because i look every day.
Reply Quote
Life regen isnt worth it either. I receive a butt ton more from life steal, healing blades, and life on hit. 300 life per sec means jack
Reply Quote
Stat gain costs scales exponentially. The difference between a 900 dps weapon and a 1000 dps weapon is MUCH less than the difference between a 1000 dps and an 1100 dps weapon. This is mostly just due to rarity of rolls and thus the supply stays low.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 12:52 AMPosted by Etaman
I will get it once I don't need mf gear.

I picked up VW with 20% MF for 10.5M
Reply Quote
Im pretty sure I could find a cheap vile ward (Like 1-2 mil) that I would rather wear over your shoulders.

in fact i just checked and a VW with my stats as the minimum goes for 14 mil. the only difference was about 300 armor. Not worth 13 million difference in my opinion

Than you would be wrong, high + armor and high life regen with a very high primary stat?

There is a reason they are "BIS" or best in slot.
Reply Quote
also only vile ward can get over 200 int which rare shoulders cannot.

best vile wards cost over billions.

No, the best Vile Wards cost 50m - 100m, depending on what you're looking for. A Vile Ward with so-and-so stats, if you look it up, will probably have a few listed for hundreds of millions or even over a billion. If you sort it by buyout, you'll find nearly exactly the same ones for way, way cheaper.

Items that are listed for billions aren't worth billions, they are just listed for billions.

Top roll VW in hardcore costs 200 M.... convert that to SC from a changer and you approach 1 billion right there...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]