Diablo® III

Vile Ward not worth price... at all.

11/07/2012 12:22 PMPosted by pmc195
VW is BiS for all classes. i thought this was common knowledge.

It can be, but a good rare can match its stats or beat it for much cheaper and can still be dyed.
Reply Quote
This is new information and people never payed a lot for near perfect stats in any diablo game before.....
Reply Quote
vile ward with decent vit roll...check mine out...an look them up. 50 mill. some go higher ... way higher.
Reply Quote
the life regen alone makes vile ward worth it
Reply Quote
Vile Wards can also drop with Life %.
Reply Quote
I'd picked up my Vile ward for 2.2 mil so it was well worth it for me. but I do agree that the price on many of them are 100% ridiculous.
Reply Quote
When did life regen become so important? Seems like it can never be high enough to offset the massive amount of incoming damage...
Reply Quote
Got my Vile Ward for under 4mil... Don't look at stupid priced item in AH, always look for cheaper.

Well yours has no vitality. Life% is a nice complimentary stat, but it really doesn't amount to much life.

To explain further, I'm going to assume your base vit is 160, which is 5600 life when naked. Take 7% of that and you get an extra 392 life. That is the equivalent to 11.2 vitality, which is very weaksauce, and why your Vile Ward was purchased for cheap.

90 vit would have given you 3150 life, and why they go for ze millionz.

You obviously don't know how to calculate stats. Life % goes on top of all vit, not "base vit." Seriously, where do you get such dumb ideas from? The actual calculation of equivalent vit is (818 x 35 x 0.07) / 35 = 57 vit.

174 int, 57 vit, 254 armor, 74 resist all, 244 life per second is pretty good on shoulders. Sure, you can buy cheaper shoulders with higher int, vit, and resist all, but the armor and life per second is nice.

Personally, I think vile ward is too expensive for me, because I play barb (I have lots of armor) and I already have 1k life per second. I will eventually get a vile ward though.
Edited by Goliath#1529 on 11/7/2012 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 12:45 PMPosted by R2C2
When did life regen become so important? Seems like it can never be high enough to offset the massive amount of incoming damage...

It can't completely offset the incoming damage, but it helps complement your life steal or life on hit. Stacking only life regen is a waste; resistances/vit/main stat are far more important, but you can find nicely rolled armor with life regen at a reasonable price.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/07/2012 04:43 AMPosted by vortexwolf
Bought a rare shoulders with 168int, 70allres and 316 life per second for 600k. Though they are not good, they cost 2 times less than the same Vile Ward. And anothr important fact is that I can use vanishing dye with them.

No offense but I don't actually consider that to be very good shoulders. For 600K I bet you can get a better vile ward then this.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/07/2012 09:36 AMPosted by PM5K
Got my Vile Ward for under 4mil... Don't look at stupid priced item in AH, always look for cheaper.

Well yours has no vitality. Life% is a nice complimentary stat, but it really doesn't amount to much life.

To explain further, I'm going to assume your base vit is 160, which is 5600 life when naked. Take 7% of that and you get an extra 392 life. That is the equivalent to 11.2 vitality, which is very weaksauce, and why your Vile Ward was purchased for cheap.

90 vit would have given you 3150 life, and why they go for ze millionz.

Except who only has 160 Vit? He most likely has more like 1000Vit in which case 7% is much more inline. And the 7% scales as you add vit. But I agree at a certain point life % and Vit balance each other out.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/07/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Jimmer411
VW is BiS for all classes. i thought this was common knowledge.

It can be, but a good rare can match its stats or beat it for much cheaper and can still be dyed.

Only for barbs. For all other classes a good VW is better then any rare ever could be.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 01:06 PMPosted by TheNightOwl
For 600K I bet you can get a better vile ward then this.

Do you have any proofs of vile wards for 600k? No?
That's what I thought. Vile Wards cost at least 2 times more than the same rare shoulders.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 01:10 PMPosted by TheNightOwl
a good VW

And such shoulders will cost more than 10 millions, whereas comparable rare shoulders with just 30 int/dex less will cost 3-5 millions.
Reply Quote
After I looked at VW's I was disgusted by what people wanted for them. Anything over 20 million and I'd say, not worth it..

I'm quite happy with what I am using. Would I like more Vit? sure, I'd always take more, who wouldn't.. But do I NEED it? of course not.
Reply Quote
For 600K I bet you can get a better vile ward then this.

Do you have any proofs of vile wards for 600k? No?
That's what I thought. Vile Wards cost at least 2 times more than the same rare shoulders.

Those rare shoulders are crap. That's why Vile Ward costs more. I know, logic is hard sometimes.
Edited by Tommerbob#1808 on 11/7/2012 1:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Instead of looking for vile ward with dex/vit or int/vit (which are costly) you might want to opt for a 200dex/200str or 200int/200str for the 200 bonus armor. I bought mine on bid for 13 mil.
Reply Quote
Got my Vile Ward for 2.2M. Not super high on the main stat but the life regen is good to have
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]