Diablo® III

Vile Ward not worth price... at all.

Though I have better str shoulders, I can't take off my VW because I like it too much LOL. Same with trifecta gear - I have 2 trifecta items, and can't bring myself to sell them, even though I can probably get stuff that's better overall with the gold I get between the three items.
Reply Quote
I feel that my current shoulders compete with VW's

Persuade me to spend the $$ on the Vile Ward upgrade. Go.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Vortex
Same my current shoulders compare with some of the top of the line VW. Armor is close as well and it cost me a fraction of the cost. Still expensive but I would pay double for a Vile Ward that is equal if not a little worse

What are you talking about dude. A bottom of the line VW (thorns or something) out performs your shoulders np.

edit: Oh I was looking at your monk's shoulders. I suppose your barbs are a bit more comparable to a vw.
Edited by Stil#1181 on 11/7/2012 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
I paid 5 mil for my vile ward, 198 int, 78 all res, 48 fire res, 245 armor and 7 ft pickup radius

every other remotely decent piece of gear with pickup radius is obnoxiously more expensive. So I paid a lil extra for these guys to have it there instead. 7 ft is really all I need to not get annoyed at the game for not picking things up when I coulda sworn I'd walked over them.
Edited by barone13#1903 on 11/7/2012 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Got my Vile Ward for under 4mil... Don't look at stupid priced item in AH, always look for cheaper.

Well yours has no vitality. Life% is a nice complimentary stat, but it really doesn't amount to much life.

To explain further, I'm going to assume your base vit is 160, which is 5600 life when naked. Take 7% of that and you get an extra 392 life. That is the equivalent to 11.2 vitality, which is very weaksauce, and why your Vile Ward was purchased for cheap.

90 vit would have given you 3150 life, and why they go for ze millionz.

True...

But I had to choose between 400life for 4m or 3klife for 100m. The choice was obvious for me since I didin't need the 2700 more life. I do understand the anger of people vs the high price of good Vit VW, it doesn't scale right...
Edited by Xenocidius#1559 on 11/7/2012 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well yours has no vitality. Life% is a nice complimentary stat, but it really doesn't amount to much life.

To explain further, I'm going to assume your base vit is 160, which is 5600 life when naked. Take 7% of that and you get an extra 392 life. That is the equivalent to 11.2 vitality, which is very weaksauce, and why your Vile Ward was purchased for cheap.

90 vit would have given you 3150 life, and why they go for ze millionz.

I don't think you know how life % works. Either that or you like to run around naked. You get 7% of your life with gear, not 7% of your life naked. Therefor with his 800+ vit the 7% life is worth over 55 vitality. Still weaksauce, but a hell of a lot better then 392 life.
Reply Quote

I don't think you know how life % works. Either that or you like to run around naked. You get 7% of your life with gear, not 7% of your life naked. Therefor with his 800+ vit the 7% life is worth over 55 vitality. Still weaksauce, but a hell of a lot better then 392 life.

Right, I just checked and 7% life is giving me 1880 Life.
Reply Quote
View profile
Remember the law of supply and demand?
Reply Quote
ive made a ton of gold selling shoulders with stats as good as the vile ward... prolly over 100 million in all
Reply Quote
You guys go and pay hundreds of millions for your perfect rolled Vile Wards, i'll just go on with my dropped perfectly rolled VW that cost me no gold at all.
Edited by FuzzyWuzzy#1793 on 11/7/2012 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was lucky to come across one that had Dex 278, Vit 50, and 78 all resis. I had no idea what it was worth and the AH told me about 200M at the time was a safe bet...prices now are even more ridiculous. They sold in a matter of minutes. Frankly I never thought anyone would spend that but because of it, I was able to really help gear up my character. Definitely was one of the luckier ones or I'd have needed a long time to buy that stuff.

I do agree though, I would never pay that and if you're willing to sacrifice a bit of the main stat, you can pick them up for a fraction of what the high end ones go for.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 07:37 PMPosted by BBopMcJiggy
I noticed the prices on vile ward are a bit.... dumb. I compared the stats on my 1 million gold shoulders (160+ intel, 70+ vit, 80 resist all) to a 100 mil Vile Ward. The diff was 22 ish vitality, and 200 armor. I understand they are the best shoulders available, but the prices are absurd... has ANYONE sold a VW for that much? I can't see it happening. The above example was definitely not an isolated incident. I've been checking AH for weeks trying to find a cheap one

You clearly did not search very well for comparable Vile Wards. There are Vile Wards under 10m that are better than your shoulders. Just don't be picky about the 80 resist all. Even 71 resist all and 200 armor (basically low, LOW end of rolls) is better defensively.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Infernys
You clearly did not search very well for comparable Vile Wards. There are Vile Wards under 10m that are better than your shoulders. Just don't be picky about the 80 resist all. Even 71 resist all and 200 armor (basically low, LOW end of rolls) is better defensively.

Yeah so true. If you don't know how to work the AH or have any idea of how stats compare to one another then you have no business making this complaint.

To prove your point I just searched the AH and found a VW better then his for 750k buyout.
Reply Quote
the only reason I think VW is overprized is because it looks ... like garbage. The design alone should actually force a huge price drop. No seriously. Even if it is the best item I will never ever use it.

Meh ... why do so many of the items in D3 look like crap.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 11/7/2012 4:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
im selling a vw with 214 int, 34 vit with 76 resist all if anyone is interested
Reply Quote
agreed, cheapest vile ward as good as my shoulders is 25M, for that you get barely 100 armor, a little all res, and regen, but lose the 10k (!) health globes/potions which I value more than regen..

I paid 1.5M for them.
Edited by walk2k#1921 on 11/7/2012 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
After reading this board, I realize how lucky I am to have found my vw 2 nights ago. I didn't know they were that expensive, I just saw they were an upgrade to what I was wearing, so put them on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]