Diablo® III

Best proc weapons for companions

Anyone have suggestions as to the best companion proc weapons to use? For example, what about giving the Enchantress a Schaefer's Hammer? The paperdoll dps isn't going to be much but the proc....
Reply Quote
For the enchantress i like either Maximus or Skorn. Maximus gives less dps for the enchantress but you get a demon who hits for 36k+ and a fire chain that deals good damage, Skorn is just Skorn nothing much to say about it, the damage from it is insane and the dot is a good amount of damage with a very high proc chance
Reply Quote
I bought my enchantress an Echoing Fury for laughs. When I'm done with magic find, I think I'll get her a better one. I also got her a Skorn, but it's so damn slow.
Reply Quote
Good weapons for the Scoundrel:

Buriza for chilling large amounts of mobs with its pierce effect, low damage but it's all about that mass chill
Hellrack for keeping enemies still for melee
Windforce for knockback if you're a ranged character

If using Hellrack or Windforce, some players like to give him an Eye of Etlich amulet to provide him cold damage as well.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 11/8/2012 3:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Good weapons for the Scoundrel:

Buriza for chilling large amounts of mobs with its pierce effect, low damage but it's all about that mass chill
Hellrack for keeping enemies still for melee
Windforce for knockback if you're a ranged character

If using Hellrack or Windforce, some players like to give him an Eye of Etlich amulet to provide him cold damage as well.

Hellrack's "chance to root an enemy" procs very infrequently. I'd guess 5% or so.

I switched my scoundrel to a Buriza and the effective CC is markedly increased. Reducing his damage from mostly crap to completely crap was a negligble effect compared to the more frequent freeze. Very helpful for mass mobs, champ packs and solo bosses.
Reply Quote
maximus>>schafers. Tried both and there is no doubt.
Reply Quote
On my scoundrel theres no choice other than windforce with the multi shot (3 arrows) your likely to knockback enemies on every single hit and your scoundrel attacks quickly. Its not even a burden on close range characters such as a monk or barbarian. In fact having one or 2 monsters get inconvienenced by the knockback increases your survivabilty.

I like echoing fury also on enchantress, it procs quite often and is very useful vs champ packs, especially fire chain because it breaks the chains.

I have never tried maximus but will do so based on what people say here about it being good.
Reply Quote
I have used the Tormentor Staff with the enchantress, it has a possibility to charm on hit, between that and her charm ability she distracts attackers, nice when an elite is charmed during a figth.
Reply Quote
what does proc mean?
Reply Quote
my scoundrel is blitzing it atm, he stuns and blinds everything, i really didnt think the 5% to stun on xbow and 5% to blind on ammy would be worthy but it is, with multishot cranking he stuns and blinds everything, and has around 6k base dps with nice crits too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]