Diablo® III

Treasure Goblin Hit Points

(Locked)

Please fix the way that Treasure Goblin's hit points scale with Monster Power. Thank you.
Community Manager
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched and doing our own testing, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.
Edited by Lylirra on 11/9/2012 9:53 AM PST
11/08/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Lylirra
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

Nooooo ! They're fine ! It needs to be a challenge, please, don't change it. Lower your MP if you can't kill one.
MP10 goblin is still possible though, killed it with 190k buffed DPS - monk
One of the reasons I'm still farming mp0 instead of mp1. I have to pop WOTB to kill them in mp1 8(
keep the hp the same
11/08/2012 05:50 PMPosted by sayuu
MP10 goblin is still possible though, killed it with 190k buffed DPS - monk

monks be op D:
Great to hear Lylirra.

To add on something I noticed yesterday, but forgot to mention elsewhere, is that I caught an NPC attacking a goblin and nearly lost him. It was in Act 3 in the fields. I saw the goblin on the corner of the screen while clearing out that building that can spawn in the middle area. When I went around to kill him I caught an NPC chasing him.

Having previously seen piles of gold in the middle of areas I haven't even cleared yet makes me wonder how many goblins I've missed out on because of NPCs.
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

They're not supposed to have a chance. Currently it's the equivalent of making your kids a kevlar piñata for their birthday party.
hit point is fine, need to lower their armor, my rend ticks only 6k on them.
I can kill him by myself up to mp6 with wrath but when my underpowered friends join its a waste of time. Although he dropped me 3 rares yesterday without killing him lol.
Keep it the same. Dont change it cause this person is crying for a nerf.

MP10 is meant for the very top geared. Those who are geared enough are capable of killing the goblin.
I haven't complained about this but I agree at the higher levels they need to be toned down.

I'm easily running MP6 killing everything quickly and dying rarely, if ever, BUT I can not kill
a treasure goblin. They get away with 20-50% of their health every time.

Another problem is my barb can easily do MP5(MP10 takes too long) but I can't touch treasure goblins even on MP1. My suggestion is that as long as I attack the treasure goblin, he should not be able to portal out, only if I stop attacking for 5-10 seconds.
View profile
I haven't complained about this but I agree at the higher levels they need to be toned down.

I'm easily running MP6 killing everything quickly and dying rarely, if ever, BUT I can not kill
a treasure goblin. They get away with 20-50% of their health every time.

I'm not sure why so many struggle. My Monk is only 67k-ish and I bring down Gobs on MP6 no problem whatsoever. Maybe it's my build.....dunno. My Butcher's Sickle helps sometimes, as it as a CTC proc that shoot out a hook on a chain and grabs the little jerk, reeling him in for a death blow.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/8/2012 6:16 PM PST
^ no way you should be killing MP5 goblins with a paltry 25k dps
i don't have a problem with goblins, but a 3400% increase of an already abnormally high health on goblins did seem a bit ridiculous.
buff his health some more but increase the chance of him dropping a legendary. That would be interesting fun especially in a party. Its fun (and hair pulling) seeing the gob get away with just a tick of hp.
Keep it the same. Dont change it cause this person is crying for a nerf.

MP10 is meant for the very top geared. Those who are geared enough are capable of killing the goblin.

^ Barb detected
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]