Diablo® III

Treasure Goblin Hit Points

(Locked)

^ Barb detected

WW Barb is probably the weakest build to use against Goblins, you don't do damage to target that are constantly moving.

Using HotA is efficient at least!

Changing your spec if you care about killing a goblin??? Woah woah woah don't start trying to make sense here.
Killing a gob on MP10 was one of those things I really wanted to do and gave me a moment of great satisfaction.

And I am most certainly NOT an elite class player full of BIS gear.

In my opinion (MP10) gobs should be kept tough - although the thought of changing the circumstances when they can open a portal (good call Ace) makes a lot of sense since having to chase them into danger areas of danger is exciting/horrifying - raising the interest in the farming experience.

If you must nerf them then please (re)consider adding an 'irrationally' more difficult MP11 to give those that are truly elite yet another challenge to overcome.

Although PvP will most likely do that in spades.
Keep it the same. Dont change it cause this person is crying for a nerf.

MP10 is meant for the very top geared. Those who are geared enough are capable of killing the goblin.

Everyone saying keep them the same are idiotic, masochistic, or have thousands of dollars of gear.

I posted about this issue when 1.0.5 was still on the PTR, and it's obviously still an issue. They are difficult for me to kill on MP6+ and I have 120K DPS. That isn't fair to hundreds of thousands of players who don't have super gear, and there's no reason for the bar to be raised this high on a bonus mob that is akin to a resplendant chest that moves.
They're not supposed to have a chance. Currently it's the equivalent of making your kids a kevlar piñata for their birthday party.

I belive kevlar doesn't protect you from hits as it protects you from bullets...

MP10 is meant for the very top geared. Those who are geared enough are capable of killing the goblin.

Everyone saying keep them the same are idiotic, masochistic, or have thousands of dollars of gear.

I posted about this issue when 1.0.5 was still on the PTR, and it's obviously still an issue. They are difficult for me to kill on MP6+ and I have 120K DPS. That isn't fair to hundreds of thousands of players who don't have super gear, and there's no reason for the bar to be raised this high on a bonus mob that is akin to a resplendant chest that moves.

So just because you see a goblin means you are entitled to its treasure? 120k dps is probably average for mp6 so you need better gear or spec if youre having trouble, and if killing a goblin means that much to you. Your sense of entitlement is childish and you obviously 1000000% miss the point of treasure goblins. They are supposed to be annoying little deviants who most of the time elude you not glowing fairies that bend over when they see a nephalem.
11/08/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Lylirra
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched and doing our own testing, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

YES!! they are impossible to kill in mp 8-10
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

Nooooo ! They're fine ! It needs to be a challenge, please, don't change it. Lower your MP if you can't kill one.

You just can't win against the cry babies on these forums :/
Edited by Shiven#1137 on 11/9/2012 12:58 PM PST
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched and doing our own testing, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

Please don't change it. It should be tough and I have designed my my build for me and follower to take them down solo. It should also take more then just DPS to take a goblin down... you also need good CC skills to stun and slow him down.
I am sorry, but in a hack and slash game where items are the end goal...why would you not want a nerf to gobs? The game is about getting items...I love any way that I can do that faster...
11/09/2012 01:16 PMPosted by TToughnuts
I am sorry, but in a hack and slash game where items are the end goal...why would you not want a nerf to gobs? The game is about getting items...I love any way that I can do that faster...

Nobody is stopping you from doing mp0
The goblins in at least MP6 have 20% too much hp or so, and it's true, this is a really annoying when you can kill all packs but fails 50% of time at goblins. With a BARB.

on the other hand, when using my stone of jordan those are cheese (french cheese) simple.
Its just another really frustrating part of the game. Either their health is a bit too high or the time they stick around is a bit too low. I like the "challenge" offered by trying to get a goblin, especially if a pet or npc has tipped it off, but their is a pack of monsters running around.

I dunno, I have some dps and I struggle killing them in time. They are quick, so often 1/2 the time is wasted just trying to catch their !@#'s.
Some of my best drops were from goblins. I have a hard time killing them on MP6 and above, and every now and then they get away on MP5. As other people have mentioned, I don't even try to kill them on higher MP because its futile.

Everyone that says their HP is fine is wrong. Goblins should be rewarding for everyone. People with higher DPS already have more opportunities to kill goblins because they can clear areas faster. Is it really fair to make goblins exclusive to the best of the best?

IMO the mechanics should just be changed altogether. such as limiting the amount of damage they can take in 1 strike. It already seems like the first couple hits follow this design already. A goblin could have a total of 1,000,000 hp and can withstand a max of 100,000 per strike. If you hit for more than 100k, you only need 10 strikes to kill them. Putting a damage cap would make it challenging for everyone since it would still involve a chase, but people with higher dps would not need to pursue as much as someone with less dps.

Maybe they could just portal to someplace else in the area and maintain their life. Then the reward for killing them fast would be the fact that you dont have to hunt them down again.

Edited by FiftyToo#1779 on 11/9/2012 1:41 PM PST

it probably wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for those long periods of time where the goblins are immune to damage/CC/whatever.
11/09/2012 09:25 AMPosted by stefan
The only chance to kill goblin on high MP is with a CM wiz to freeze it.

Except the goblins are not freezing......

and on Normal, Nightmare, Hell.
Why does my Rend drop off them very early as well?
11/08/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Zerinax
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

Nooooo ! They're fine ! It needs to be a challenge, please, don't change it. Lower your MP if you can't kill one.

No, this is a step in the right direction. For me, MP3 is a challenge: elite fights are long and engaging, and I occasionally die. MP2, by contrast, is not a challenge: I die 3-4 times an act, not counting bugs. But I can't kill a goblin in MP3. At all. Doesn't matter if I get it one-on-one or try to hit it with multiple explosions from Fulminating Onslaught: I just can't beat it. It's simply not in line with the power of the monsters in the act.

You will thank the people who asked for the change when your barb gets nerfed to its deserved place. Because the reason you need these kinds of challenges is because your class is out of line with the rest.
killed the mp10 gobs enough to know its just hard, not impossible

just need some early big crits + good skills not on CD when you run into them
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]