Diablo® III

Treasure Goblin Hit Points

(Locked)

I think the HP of goblins is on the right track, as said before they're supposed to be challenging to kill, and they are.

My kill rate for these things are 1:6 (At MP5 above) and I just whack them to drop gold for me, praying my 55% chance to crit hits every time. If I don't get them, I move on. No biggie.
Leave the HP, Raise the Reward!!!!
I farm mostly MP6 at this point as it is fast and easy for my current gear and spec. I am not sure what it is with Goblins but what I have noticed as the main issue is critical hit's. I have a 53% chance to crit, which seems to work about as stated, however, when I attack goblin's I am finding I crit about 5-10% of the time. Now on MP6 I always make sure to Berserk for goblin's so I am about 180k DPS and 53% crit while attacking Goblins, and I miss them a lot of the time. Those stats should be a kill every time on MP6, a bit less health or some other modifier change really seems to be needed here.

I do realize that every other class that has a way to slow/immobilize them, and can kill them easily with much less DPS due to that fact, will argue with me all day long, but until you play a Barb with my stats you do not realize how ridiculous it is to constantly watch them port away.
i think the gobs are fine the way they are.. they get away occasionally but what ever
maybe i need to beef up my char
One actually got away from me once.

I did not like it one bit. Nerf!
leave the health the way you have it, i suggest increasing the time before he teleports out as the MP lvl is increased.
Edited by UnifiedEarth#1427 on 11/13/2012 12:51 PM PST
94 Draenei Paladin
Ark, I can get them on MP8 and have quite a bit less DPS than you. Nice gear. Consider changing your build from cookie cutter WW and you'll have a much better chance. :)
My spec changes daily to be honest, do not even know what the cookie cutter WW spec is. What you see as my spec depends on what time I log out lol

P.S. I may be wrong, but my point was, with my stats spec really should not be an issue on MP6 goblins, I can rock 3 champ packs with any affix's simultaneously in about a minute, but can not kill a goblin? That just seems silly to me.

P.S.S. I also realize I am not a D3 genius by any standards, maybe I just need more DPS and to stop QQ'ing, I also realize this is a very viable possibility also.
Edited by Arkennon#1584 on 11/13/2012 12:58 PM PST
i got innas pants from one a few days ago mp3 act 3, thought it was very cool to see a set dropping from one, i gave it away but keep them coming
11/08/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Lylirra
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched and doing our own testing, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

You did scale them well. I consider the Treasure Goblin a DPS check for that specific Monster Power Level. If you are unable to kill the goblin then you shouldn't be playing that MP.

Why can't the player(s) in question just lower the MP? Nobody is forced to play at a high Monster Power Level. It's perfectly reasonable to provide patches for players who do not spend much time in this game but it "should" be done without affecting those that "do" spend the time.

By consistently removing challenge(damage nerf) after challenge from this game, Diablo is leaning more and more towards the casual gamer. I would love to see a blue post that says "We feel the damage done in inferno is under-par and will be buffing it across the board". So please, don't forget the players that still enjoy a challenge in this game.
Edited by Bloodshot#1324 on 11/13/2012 1:01 PM PST
Bloodshot, please refer to my last post, I agree I also like it challenging, but it should scale appropriately, at least close anyway. On MP6 the game is easy, but goblins are harder to kill than any 3 champ packs, and that to me is a bit silly. As previously stated however, I concede I may be wrong on several levels, I am only stating my opinion.
Being able to kill goblins has always been how I know I'm going too big. If I can't take it down in time, I'm not doing enough dps for where I'm at.
11/13/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Arkennon
Bloodshot, please refer to my last post, I agree I also like it challenging, but it should scale appropriately, at least close anyway. On MP6 the game is easy, but goblins are harder to kill than any 3 champ packs, and that to me is a bit silly. As previously stated however, I concede I may be wrong on several levels, I am only stating my opinion.

You are "choosing" to play at that MP, Blizzard doesn't require any of us to play a specific MP.

A Monster Power Level being "easy" doesn't mean it should be done if it is not "efficient". If you are unable to kill a MP6 goblin, then your DPS is not on par for that MP. I don't see why you can't just lower the MP? I'm at 220K DPS unbuffed and even I still farm on MP4-6.

One tip worth mentioning...Nearly every player in this thread that has complained about not able to kill a goblin is not using a Stone of Jordan which Blizzard created for this very purpose. Get your hands on a Stone of Jordan and watch how much easier it is to take down a Treasure Goblin. If you still fail to kill one then lower the MP as I suggested above.
Edited by Bloodshot#1324 on 11/13/2012 1:23 PM PST
I am not wanting to start a argument or anything else I am honestly asking for clarification, you are basically saying that if someone can steamroll MP6 any act with 0 deaths and in very short time, they should lower their MP level since they can not kill a goblin? That to me would be a scaling issue, which was my initial assessment. No one should ever be told that to be able to do 1 thing in the game they have to make the entire rest of the game absolutely boring. Once again this is just my opinion of course.

Thank you for the tip on the ring also. I will look into them.
I am not wanting to start a argument or anything else I am honestly asking for clarification, you are basically saying that if someone can steamroll MP6 any act with 0 deaths and in very short time, they should lower their MP level since they can not kill a goblin? That to me would be a scaling issue, which was my initial assessment. No one should ever be told that to be able to do 1 thing in the game they have to make the entire rest of the game absolutely boring. Once again this is just my opinion of course.

Thank you for the tip on the ring also. I will look into them.

You are definitely not "steamrolling" MP6 with 112K DPS. I can clear MP10 with "0 deaths", does that mean I should? No, because it is not efficient. With your current gear, you should NOT be playing MP6 period. Play at MP3-4 and watch how much more "efficient" your farming actually is.
Agree..... keep gob HP or if reduced no more than 5% reduction...... and increase legendary drops significantly. that way if you just ignore 'em cuzzzz tough to kill at your MP level you are playing this is incentive to go for the gusto even if it means your own death chasing 'em down.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]