Diablo® III

Treasure Goblin Hit Points

(Locked)

11/08/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Lylirra
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched and doing our own testing, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

Happy to note that your team is working on it :). Would also like to suggest that the Goblin should never be allowed to go into portal when under attack. Pls consider.
Why don't we make them like a fainting goat, all you have to do is scare them and they roll over and drop gg items...
This is such a douche move.

The whole reason behind the goblins and bandits are that they offer a cool vibe that it feels really rewarding to take them down and be given a nice little loot-gazm with gems and whatnot and nerfing their HP because of this spoon fed lot is such a douche move!

The whole reason behind the goblins and bandits are that they offer a cool vibe that it feels really rewarding to take them down and be given a nice little loot-gazm with gems and whatnot and nerfing their HP because of this spoon fed lot is such a douche move!

Bliz has already removed any challenge from every other aspect of the game .. it would be really inconsistent if they didn't cave to the entitlement scrubs on this too...

Bliz has already removed any challenge from every other aspect of the game .. it would be really inconsistent if they didn't cave to the entitlement scrubs on this too...

oh man, ofc, how stupid of me >_< lol quote of the week by far :)
It would indeed be inconsistent >_<
11/08/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Lylirra
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched and doing our own testing, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

Here's an idea:

Rather than leaving the health high as several have suggested, lets compromise:

Sure, nerf the health pool for the gobs at progressively higher MPs.

But give them an increasing chance (per MP level) of summoning help. I'm talking elite help, not white monsters, but blue or yellow monsters.

Sure they are easier to kill, but now you have a single elite after you throwing desecrate, frozen, arcane and is molten, or whatever. LOL
I've noticed in mp0-mp2 that when you first initiate your attack on one of these slimy little rodents their hp doesn't drop like every other mobs does until after maybe 3/4 of a second or maybe 1 second. Maybe you're already aware of that, but it doesn't seem right to me. Unless no-one else is experiencing this and this is some weird problem with archon form. If you removed this small window where the goblin has some seriously OP defense, it may solve the problem instead of tweaking their hp maybe? I haven't had problems with goblins up to mp5 (as long as I can kill the champ packs and trash without problems usually the goblins are no problem. Unless you're trying to make it so that even if it takes you 1 minute to kill a champ pack, you should be able to kill a goblin. I've started gauging what mp level I should play in based on whether I can kill goblins or not.
11/08/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Ace
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

Another problem is my barb can easily do MP5(MP10 takes too long) but I can't touch treasure goblins even on MP1. My suggestion is that as long as I attack the treasure goblin, he should not be able to portal out, only if I stop attacking for 5-10 seconds.

you can't be serious. the portaling out is literally their only defense. they CAN'T ATTACK.
Goblins seem to have the highest level of protection of any mob in the game. You could have 1 million dps and one shot everything, yet still not be able to one shot a goblin, even on normal difficulty.

Aside from this I think their HP is fine and should not be touched.

Blizz need to stop nerfing everything and making this game a bore fest
i am not sure what to say but i play every night with 2 barb 1 wiz and me and all we do is mp 10 and we hardlly die and we do kill them little sob's and some do get away but thats what makes it fun, win some loose some.
If you nerf goblin, it will be boring as hell. on mp10 with 4 person, it still can be kill easily. with CM, it cannot even move. IF you reduce the health, there is nothing to run in Diablo already.
They're fairly easy so long as you don't startle them as it is on live and push em back the way you've already cleared.... just not with vortex/frozen elites nearby.
the hp is fine. it's just they are immune to any kind of CC except wizzy freeze that makes them impossible to kill. either that or slow down their run speed....
If they nerf the goblin hp's or time to portal they should also make it so the goblins drop more items the quicker they are killed
Don't change it. Goblins are the only thing left in the game that's somewhat difficult. If they are made easy for everyone, then what is there to strive for? Fastest clear? Actually, that should be added - players could see their best times on certain things like bosses/goblins/runs. In any case, that isn't the reality at the moment so don't screw up goblins; let's not pretend like they drop good stuff anyway.
11/08/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Ace
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

Another problem is my barb can easily do MP5(MP10 takes too long) but I can't touch treasure goblins even on MP1. My suggestion is that as long as I attack the treasure goblin, he should not be able to portal out, only if I stop attacking for 5-10 seconds.

Stop using the WW set up and you might kill him. If you can kill elites are a particular level within a reasonable time you can kill a goblin. I used to have to use WotB to kill them on MP5, but MP5 was about the highest level I could play on and I was dieing a lot.

A very effective skill i have found is Cleave with the last ruin that slows their movement speed. Can not hit them if you are chasing them the whole time.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]