This is a nice, functional approach, but I think it's ignoring a few subtleties, including the effect of stacking DEX on your character, which depends on your starting DEX. I'm confident the real numbers can be worked out. As it stands, I can already calculate my real DPS for the following factors:
1. The 110% weapon damage from Fists of Thunder
2. The AOE damage from Thunderclap
3. My Sweeping Wind DPS
4. My Tornado DPS
5. The haste factor of Fists of Thunder (which I've approximated as 1.5x)
Eventually, I'll get around to testing the WKL and the standard buffs. If anyone here wants the information needed to calculate everything in that list, let me know.
yea i like the idea and i was testing it.. but i get a little upset with the result i am getting..
and killing ghom mp2 again and again is not fun.. lol!!
- I tested on EF+WKL and EF+RareFist (closest paper dps/stats paired with EF compare to WKL)
- Test 1 with FoT-TC only (w/o any buff)
- Test 2 FoT and SW (no rune) (w/o any buff)
- Test 3 FoT and SW - Cyclone (w/o any buff)
i will keep testing it if i have time..
some questions i have:
- as FoT is doing MH-OH switching, just wondering will be better to use 1h+shield instead of DW?
- i am still not quite clear about the SW 'snap shot' dps thingy, i think i may not doing it with the right way..