Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
So sorry if i'm not supposed to ask here. So basically i have just bought a dvd copy of this game for my Mac. So all i did was put the game into the dvd drive. To be honest nothing popped up so i had to click Diablo 3 Setup by going to Finder. I did get to the installation screen, clicked agree and it asked me for activation. I don't have a Battle.net account and have not done anything before relating to Diablo (demo, beta etc), so logically i would click activate. I then went through the Battle.net registration process. All was well. The game started installing whilst i did all the account stuff. I ended up downloading the game client. The installation took a very long time. It said "updating files" and took about half an hour in all. It did complete in the end and i saw the cinematics etc. So my questions are the following:
1) was i right to click activate and not "i've already activated"
2) what is the game client for? Do i have to click it now?
3) Should the installation have taken so long?
4) for mac users, how would i play the game once i've exited? By going to finder?
Edited by Darkuser999#2783 on 11/8/2012 1:56 AM PST
I'll help you out here.
1) Since you had not yet created a Battle.net account and/or entered your Diablo 3 activation key into the Battle.net Account, you did in fact perform the correct step here.
2) I'm assuming the game client you are referring to is situated in /Applications/Diablo III/. If so, that is the game client you want to use. You will be using the Diablo III Launcher to launch the game, as that will also check for updates whenever you use it. While launching the Diablo III game client itself just runs the Launcher anyway, you shouldn't launch that game client directly, as it can occasionally cause launching issues. Always run the Launcher when you want to play Diablo 3.
Also, within the Launcher, make sure not to hit Play until the window shows the message Game is up to date. Playing the game before all of the data is downloaded degrades game performance and can sometimes cause corruption issues, so it is best to always make sure the game is fully up to date before hitting Play.
3) The game has received a few patches since launch, and as such it must download a fair amount of data in order to fully patch itself so that it is up to date. This can take several hours if you are on a slow connection. Be patient and you'll be rewarded by being able to log in without complications in most cases.
4) The best, cleanest way to always have easy access to the game is to navigate to /Applications/Diablo III/ and drag the Diablo III Launcher icon to your dock so that you can just click it from there without always having to dig through your folders via the Finder. From there it's just two clicks to open the game!
Hopefully this will help you out. Enjoy your new game!
Official Mac Tech Support Forum Cookie™ (Mint Chocolate Chip)
Guaranteed tasty; Potentially volatile when dipped in General Forums Syrup®
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.