Diablo® III

High dps windforce users

I can do about 106k dps unbuffed if you include the hungering arrows damage increase from my quiver and ammy. I've carried 2 people doing a mp5 king/mag uber run before and can kill mobs in act3 mp10. (white mobs=1 minute or below, Elites=5-10 minutes) And can do a lot more damage if I were to sacrifice some of my HP and All resists but I'm too in love with them :P

P.S. I'm still in need to upgrade my gloves/wf with alike stats that will boost my char even more.
Edited by VANTAGE#1480 on 11/10/2012 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Awesome! Thanks for your detailed response.
Reply Quote
I have a 1311.7 socketed wind i use. I think i'm at 243k damage with steady aim and archery. 280k with my manticore.
Edited by Dragon#1981 on 11/10/2012 10:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
^ Nice. What mp level do you normally play solo and with a full party? Also what über difficulty to you play on? Which do you prefer for higher mp levels?
Reply Quote
add me up Bellerophon#6369, got friends who are WF users also
Reply Quote
^ Will do thanks!
Reply Quote
I just want to say, I love my WF!

When facing teleporters, and mobs like phasebeasts, lacuni, sand leapers, and vipers, all I have to do is make a nest out of three spike traps (echoing blast) and play turret from there. Between LB and the spike traps, mobs get knocked back so much they die before they can hit me (and if they do, gloom takes care.) When they also have knockback, I just blast away at them until they land right into the nest. This is particularly hilarious when they are illusionists, and they spawn right on top of the nest I was just kicked out of.

In tight corridors, I lay the traps in a chain towards the mobs. They have to go through 9 explosions with 40% KB chance before they can get to me, not even counting all the hunger arrows and lightning balls they eat at 2.3 APS. What's even funnier to watch is that if the first trap in a row doesn't knock them back, then the second does and they land up right on top of the first one. If they evict me from my position with some heavy AOE, I just run a screen away and set up another defense line.

Overall, the KB alone is game changing for me. It almost reminds me of my first Diablo kill some fifteen years ago, using a 6-9 dmg Short Bow of the Bear on my Rogue, with some scotch tape to keep my mouse button pressed down while I was afk :)

Sorry, OP, I know you guys are in a completely different league, but I guess we can still compare apples to oranges if we talk different MP levels? Just wanted to chime in on some of the play style options WF gives me by means of KB and sheer attack speed.
Reply Quote
Haha great read man! Thanks for the input. I have really been enjoying this wf as well. I feel like a demon hunter again instead of a face tanking barb in demon hunter clothing.
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Glitz
High all! I was messing around with 1277dps windforce today and damn do I like it.

IMO there should be more bows that are on the same level as manitcore, they just look way better.
Reply Quote
I actually love the wf look! The way my Dh runs with it looks sick
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Glitz
^ Nice. What mp level do you normally play solo and with a full party? Also what über difficulty to you play on? Which do you prefer for higher mp levels?

I normally play in a party with a CM wizard ( although he sold his wizard yesterday to gear a barb) so windy would just screw him up. I'll solo mp4-5 for quick leveling. I usually use my manticore to clear !@#$ really fast and only use the windy vs elites i have a hard time keeping away from me.

ON mp8 (which i can solo) when i feel like doing it i swap between the two depending on the elite that shows up.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WigVYd!YXe!ZaYcZZ
I run this on mp8 but not on the lowers ones.

We've cleared ubers on mp10 with my group, but it's takes roughly 10 mins per portal if we don't wipe at all.

It's normally set to mp8 and i use a manticore for it since i run with 2 melees and i don't need the attack speed for stun locking bolas.

EDIT: i also run a windy on my scoundrel with the SAME exactly damage believe it or not. But it's got no CHD or socket. Was a cheap one with high knockback.
Edited by Dragon#1981 on 11/11/2012 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
My normal build is calamity with deadmans 20% love the attack speed. Run multi shot and spray hungering for skills or clusterbombs somtimes

My dps is between 205k-441k. Are you saying eHP?

I've tried many wf builds but ended up not liking as much as my calamity it shoots way faster and you even get more dmg with the crit hit dmg. Also if you get bored you can always duel wield

I have duel wields too. Calamity and denettas

My dps is between 205k-441k. Are you saying eHP?

I've tried many wf builds but ended up not liking as much as my calamity it shoots way faster and you even get more dmg with the crit hit dmg. Also if you get bored you can always duel wield

I have duel wields too. Calamity and denettas
Reply Quote
I am thinking of getting a second Weapon and really like attack speed. People I have talk to seem to love their Windy's so this thread is pretty interesting. Currently I am 190k unbuffed DPS with my single socket Manti. I would imagine that I could accomplish similar results with a High DPS Windy.

In terms of the whole SS argument. I personally don't use it..but I have done a good bit of testing with it and with my current spec I get around 8-12% DPS increase with it enabled. The problem is that the returns diminish as I continue to add CC and Attack Speed. The reason why I do not use it is because the 8-12% is not worth loosing the benefits of some of the other passives.

So SS is helpful under certain conditions and builds. Some people don't like speed that much. Would rather a much slower output so SS would be helpful under those conditions because the Damage you loose from not having speed would be made up for with SS. You should still however load up on CC just to keep SS from resetting low all the time.

What is hilarious though is that people get so aggressive and defensive in SS conversations. It is like you are talking about their mom or something. Just think of it as just a tool in the tool box that I can pull out if I need to.
Reply Quote
I'm at 205k dps unbuffed, no archery and no steady aim, 270k with them. I run MP3 Act 3 1 handed while watching TV.... it's easy mode. I do MP8 Ubers with buddies are rarely ever die either.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Radelon
I'm at 205k dps unbuffed, no archery and no steady aim, 270k with them. I run MP3 Act 3 1 handed while watching TV.... it's easy mode. I do MP8 Ubers with buddies are rarely ever die either.
''

Nice gear sir!

I'm a big windforce fan, although I've recent switched to calamity and enjoy that as well, Windforce is really what brought me back to D3. I came back for a night of fun when 1.05 dropped and was goofing off and found a decent one and it made the game fun again.

I believe people focus too much on the damage number in game and not enough on how their character performs. Someone using Windforce may not have 300k damage like they would with manticore but they're gain hatred faster which means they hit more often and use harder hitting abilities more frequently.
Reply Quote
I have a 100mil dex 2 sock manticore that gets me a 40k dps upgrade over my 10mil windforce (similar dps to yours). That said, I hate using the manticore and likely am going to sell it and invest in other items to boost my dps. I don't think I will ever go back to a slow weapon again, the playstyle is just so much nicer with fast attacks and the extra hatred regen. If I ever swap weapons it will be to a good calamity to maintain that fast attack speed.
Reply Quote

Nice gear sir!

I'm a big windforce fan, although I've recent switched to calamity and enjoy that as well, Windforce is really what brought me back to D3. I came back for a night of fun when 1.05 dropped and was goofing off and found a decent one and it made the game fun again.

I believe people focus too much on the damage number in game and not enough on how their character performs. Someone using Windforce may not have 300k damage like they would with manticore but they're gain hatred faster which means they hit more often and use harder hitting abilities more frequently.

I completely agree. Having like 51.5% CC and 433% CD (450 is max with WF) is just amazing. I've been working on more survivability here lately, had my DPS almost up to 300k with Arch and SA. Average Damage is huge with WF, thus why I have it on all Jewelry. I wanna get about 200 more dex but can't seem to find the place to put it. I'm really thinking of seeing if Cull the Weak works with the Bola: Thunderball. If it does, then I'll definitely put that in as a passive maybe instead of SA.

SA is great if you are using Evasive: Covering because the backflip almost always assures you have SA active.

Archery in my opinion isn't a buff. It is damage increasing yes, but it is ALL THE TIME.

Thunderball might be my new favorite though, tried it last night. I think the fail that most of us DH's have is running our hatred generator in the primary slot and spender in the secondary. By running your generator on your right mouse button, you can fire at any time without needing a target or to hit the shift button. This way you are always generating hatred for your spender. Full broadside becomes viable now even though it costs more.
Reply Quote
I had about 140-150k unbuffed DPS with my Windforce AND legacy nats. It is a fun playstyle for sure. Problem is you need to invest hundreds of millions in gear to get even respectable DPS and you'll still get people in groups who complain about the KB. Also, the comment about it knocking mobs off screen is true, it slows down your runs. The plus side is you don't get hit often, so if you don't have very good eHP and/or you can't gloom often due to disc pool, no ns/nats, etc, you won't get hit as much. It also makes steady aim more viable.

However, I dropped WF and legacy nats for Manticore and new nats/mempho. I gained a ton of eHP and DPS and am much happier. I can effectively tank, almost no kiting around, even solo in MP7. The thing is, the best damage skill we have for upper MP levels is spike traps. Spike traps suck with Windforce because you're always knocking mobs out of the traps, so you have to use an inferior skill like cluster arrows and it still knocks mobs out of the bomblets, so your hatred spender is nerfed unless you go to something like ball lightning which is pretty viable.
Reply Quote
I will also agree that it makes no sense to exclude Archery when evaluating damage between bow users. It's a flat 15% damage increase across the board, completely non-conditional, and doesn't suffer from diminishing returns (in fact it scales with better gear). NEVER drop Archery if you use a bow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]