+Speed farming (About 3x the speed)
    +No deaths
    -Significantly lower MF
    -Significantly lower chance for bonus item

MP10 Farming:
    +Higher MF
    +Significantly higher chance for bonus item
    -Slower farming (About 300% slower)
    -Riskier (more deaths if not careful, etc)

So do you guys think it's worth it to farm MP10 for the bonus item?

For the purposes of categorizing the farming efficiency of each individual, assume:
  • MP1 = MP1-3
  • MP10 = MP9 - 10
  • Reply Quote
    The best MP to farm is the highest difficulty that still allows you to kill basic mobs in a single hit (maybe two hits if that's what you like). This gives you the best efficiency for clearing through the levels while looking for the elite/champion packs. Farming on the highest MP you can possibly do is only really a good idea when you are looking for Hellfire Ring components, otherwise your loot/hour actually drops because of how much slower you have to move through each act.
    Edited by Kain#1956 on 11/12/2012 9:34 AM PST
    Reply Quote

MP10 Farming:
    Might want to check that %. The official chart has 3439% health increase, if you've got some magical MP10 that has 10% of that we'd probably be interested.
    Reply Quote
    I prefer the middle(MP5) While I am not running around exploding elites in 2 seconds I still kill them in under 30 seconds. MP10 takes me too long to kill elites and I usually die several times through the course of a run. MP1 is too cold, MP10 is too hot but MP5 is juuust right. !@#$ I'm gonna change my name to Goldilocks. lol
    Reply Quote
    I usually Farm on mp7 takes about 2 hours to do a full clear that is with sitting in town smoking a cig or a bowl every so often.
    Reply Quote
    max magic find at mp1 is the best for farming assuming dps and every thing else is right

I farm 3 to 5
    Edited by OpenWound#1205 on 11/12/2012 9:48 AM PST
    Reply Quote

MP10 Farming:
    Might want to check that %. The official chart has 3439% health increase, if you've got some magical MP10 that has 10% of that we'd probably be interested.

I was referring to my own speeds when estimating that percentage. The estimate comes from skill build and item swapping since I typically run Archon MP4 and below, and I go CM/WW anything higher. This not only affects kill speeds, but also affects things like battle wind-up and CD's, time spent walking/teleporting, etc.
    Reply Quote
    I farm MP4-5 just as fast and efficient as MP1 so really there is no choice.
    Reply Quote
    I farmed MP1 a lot, for around 30-40 plvls. Got a legendary / 3-4 hours, but sometimes every 10-12 hrs with bad luck.
    After plvl 50, I do MP5. Act3 ALK plus little this and that takes 1 hr/run.
    I allways find a legendary / hr.
    (Usually bad, but the feeling ...)

Now plvl 72
    MF450

Wont do again MP1, pointless for my kind of luck...
    Reply Quote
    I farm mp4-5, takes me about an hour and a half to do a clear which is all the keeps, both fields, both arreat craters and both towers and rakki's. I get at least 1 legendary a run.

I dont know why some people say doing mp1 is better, yea you can kill faster maybe but your magic find is way lower and the bonus item drop is almost nothing, these two things make a huge difference. I tried doing some mp2 clears to test them out and in 4 runs i got no legendaries and i only did the clear 10 minutes faster then the ones on mp4-5.
    Reply Quote
    one shot everything is boring, trust me. it will eventually get to you that you'll scale up on the mp level yourself until you find that sweet spot.

mp10 is not meant for efficient farming but it's not impossible. it's fun to do mp10 once in a while but only if you can down mobs like you do in mp7, that's how i see it.
    Reply Quote
    They both sound good.

I fail to see what's wrong with a system that lets pros and standard gamers farm on a somewhat equal level. Why is this a good thing?
    Well it removes the 'pay to play' feel that existed in the first few months of game launch.

MP10 offers more rewards but most importantly it's about the challenge and giving your endgame gear a place to shine.

As for MP1 vs MP10? Clearly the majority of us prefer to faceroll content given the history of begging for nerfs and farming low end content with ultra powerful gear. MP1.
    Reply Quote
    I found many good legendaries on mp1 .
    Edited by Blodhemn#2951 on 1/22/2013 5:43 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    as of patch 1.07 farming mp10 will be the better choice over mp1.. reasons being read patch notes and you will see. it actually becomes more efficient to spend the extra time killing stuff.
    Reply Quote
    As for MP1 vs MP10? Clearly the majority of us prefer to faceroll content given the history of begging for nerfs and farming low end content with ultra powerful gear. MP1.

Think about it. What was D2 all about? Doing the same thing. Baal runs took what? 1.5 min? And it was all about speed. Your drops were irrelevant basically because drops were shared. If you were soloing the pits or Chaos Sanctuary, it was the same thing. Have to one hit everything, even elites. Most players like going click, and Armageddon a map.

Also it's the whole quantity vs quality thing. More kills will give you more chances for a legendary drop (albeit at a lower chance). But the thing I have really noticed at lower MPs is that yellows are a lot worse due to the lower MF, they roll 6 affixes a lot less.
    Reply Quote
    Why MP1 ? MP0 is more efficient for farming.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Death Knight
    01/22/2013 06:15 AMPosted by TRS

I don't get why people say that, from my understanding if you have 300 MF from gear or paragon your at the MF cap BUT according to the blog on ML it stacks over the 300 MP cap along with NV if I am not mistaken. So how could MP0 be better than MP1? I personally farm on MP2, and MP3 for keys.
    Reply Quote
    01/22/2013 06:48 AMPosted by Murderspree

I don't get why people say that, from my understanding if you have 300 MF from gear or paragon your at the MF cap BUT according to the blog on ML it stacks over the 300 MP cap along with NV if I am not mistaken. So how could MP0 be better than MP1? I personally farm on MP2, and MP3 for keys.

mp1 has 50% more health but only 10% xp more than mp0, duh
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Death Knight
    01/22/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Shdwflare
    mp1 has 50% more health but only 10% xp more than mp0, duh

Yea but if you can do MP1, MP2, or MP whatever as quickly as MP0 why do MP0...that makes no sense, "efficiency" varies from player to player!!! ...I do MP2 and 1 shot all the normal mobs, and elites are dead by the time they reach me, probably 3 seconds or so if I had to take a guess...would make no logical sense to drop down just because "oh its only X amount of increase, and hp is higher"....well I will take it!!!
    Edited by Divinespirit#1559 on 1/22/2013 6:56 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]