Diablo® III

MP1 vs MP10 Farming

mp1-5 is enough for me. The legend item drop for 1-3 for 2 hours, But low quality :(
Reply Quote
i farm MP0... its fast... and the drop seems same to me from MP1 - MP10...

CC mempo (600m), blackthrone pants(350m), manticore(200m) all from MP0...
Reply Quote
I clear MP1 (keeps+craters+towers+rakis/fields+fort/battlements) all in abt 20mins. Get 1-2 legs per run usually. No MF gear but at PL61.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:53 AMPosted by Murderspree
I do MP2 and 1 shot all the normal mobs

If so... why do you do this:

01/22/2013 06:48 AMPosted by Murderspree
and MP3 for keys.

If you are one shotting mobs on MP2, you should probably be doing keys on a lot higher level.
Reply Quote
i havent noticed a better drop rate, or better quality drops from higher mps. in fact, its more along the lines of same trash, less efficiency. about 75% of the stuff ive found of any value has dropped in mp0 or mp1.
Reply Quote
Farm the highest MP you can and still have fun. Sometimes I farm a lower MP so I can shut my mind off and mindlessly grind. Sometimes I farm the highest MP I can because it is fun to have a challenge.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Posted by Murderspree
I do MP2 and 1 shot all the normal mobs

If so... why do you do this:

and MP3 for keys.

If you are one shotting mobs on MP2, you should probably be doing keys on a lot higher level.

I am Archon build, I have too much downtime on anything over 3...or I would
Edited by Divinespirit#1559 on 1/22/2013 7:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Effinlag
i havent noticed a better drop rate, or better quality drops from higher mps. in fact, its more along the lines of same trash, less efficiency. about 75% of the stuff ive found of any value has dropped in mp0 or mp1.

Same, in spite of having 1 PL100 character (sold all the gear but used to do MP10 with it) and a PL84 Barb facerolling MP10

Didn't notice better drop rates in higher levels. In fact, most of my nice legs dropped in MP0 doing XP runs

Farming MP9 for keys, less than 10 minutes/run and almost guaranteed drop
Reply Quote
I dunno if the MP is broken for me or not but I find more legendaries in MP 0 than MP 1-2....all of which I can clear at about roughly the same speed.
Reply Quote
So how could MP0 be better than MP1? I personally farm on MP2, and MP3 for keys.

I have 150K dps against demons and 200K against elites, and still MP0 is slightly faster for me than MP1. You need to be able to AOE one-shot white mobs even with min dmg proc from your weapon and no crit. Every extra second you spend on killing an elite pack or big guys adds up at the end. I do keys on MP6, but nothing beats MP0 in terms of XP/items (the XP efficiency may change after the next patch though, so MP1-3 may become viable for speed runs).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/22/2013 08:21 AMPosted by TRS
I have 150K dps against demons and 200K against elites, and still MP0 is slightly faster for me than MP1. You need to be able to AOE one-shot white mobs even with min dmg proc from your weapon and no crit. Every extra second you spend on killing an elite pack or big guys adds up at the end. I do keys on MP6, but nothing beats MP0 in terms of XP/items (the XP efficiency may change after the next patch though, so MP1-3 may become viable for speed runs).

I do 1 shot everything but elite packs, they die in 3sec...I very seldom loose my archon form doing MP2, and get rather large kill streaks...ive even seen my archon form at 2+ mins on several occasions...I will stick with my MP2, I don't see the point in loosing that bonus XP and bonus MF just because I could kill elites in 1 shot. Since going on MP2 ive personally noticed a lot more legendarys. Whether its my imagination or not I believe it to be true, ive filled up a bank tab per week with them since switching from MP0 to MP2...something I was never able to do on MP0 playing 5 to 6 hours a night.
Edited by Divinespirit#1559 on 1/22/2013 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Technically MP6 would be best for farming because of the bonus item amount vs how fast you can kill.
Think about it 1 kill at 100% vs 4 kills at 47% chance of bonus items... I think you would find more bonus items in MP6 then 10 vs time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]