Diablo® III

Rate the Barb Above u V10

@ExzoSSG

You are making good progress.

1) Start building your budget - aim to save 3m - 4m gold at a time before making a purchase (Some of the items below can be sniped at fairly low <1m gold)

2) Upgrade your IK gloves to something with Str/Vit/All Resis plust 2 of either Crit Chance/Crit damage/IAS

3)Upgrade your shoulders - you have room for at least another 50 Str and 30 All resis and some +armour bonus

4) Upgrade your bracers - Aim to put around 50+Vit and 4% Crit Chance

5) Upgrade your helm - aim for what you have, but with 4%+ Crit Chance

6) Your IK Boulder has to go - aim for Skorn!

7) Your rings should have Str/Vit and two of either Crit Chance/Crit Damage/IAS

7) Swap Tough as Nails for Weapons Master for an extra boost to DPS.
@newton All around your gear looks incredible.(just started working on my barb so I look in no fit shape to be telling you what to improve) But if I were you I would spend more money on that ammy and try to get something that has more crit dmg as well. that should get you closer to 150-175k dps.

As a two hander I am trying to figure out what skills will help me survive higher end monster power. Should I be putting more into crit or life leech when I buy new rings, wrists and an ammy?

as for ammy : not very important to chance it , i can farm mp10 solo without problems , so i guess it would be useless to change it .

rings : well depends on your build . i usally mass str cc ch , but some of my friends mass vita, armor , AR ( don't ask me why i don't know :D )

ANSWER TO YOUR POST : <

well my gear are NOT the BEST you can have but it have all the affix a barbarian needs.

vita,str,armor,ar

it's important to gain this goal for a decent barb build

2000str
500dex ( dodge chance is important )
250-300 int
1000+ vita .

for armor : getting 6.5 to 7k def his perfect . having more doesnt rly makes a HUGE diff.

as to farm MP5 you will need theses stats

800+ all resist
8k def
12% life steal or 9% if you do over 100k unbuff. ( i use 12% when i do mp9-10 or ubers )
speed is important , when i farm mp1 i use lacuni,tyrael and mov.s boots so has Hurricaine WW.

(Concerning the latest patch : barb nerfing was pretty noticable : cuz when you face a minion 1v1 well your barb suck. PERIOD! i do over 380k buff wotb so i know the !@#$ im saying)

so you might ask : WHY MP1 .

well let's just say it's the most efficient xp/hr so has elites kills/hr . mp1 or mp0 a3 turns all monster to ilvl 63 . monster power actually makes the game harder ... IT DOESNT GIVE BETTER DROPS PERIOD!
Edited by Newton#1157 on 11/14/2012 2:55 PM PST
@acrimony

Very, very nice. You must be hard to keep-up with. How's Weapon Throw working as a primary? 8.5/10
@Octopuizzy

Same advice as above - except you have even more room to upgrade save in blocks of $0.5-1m gold before aiming for the following

1) Try to add Crit Damage to your gloves
2) Add another 150+ Str to your belt
3) Add another 50+Str and 4% crit chance to bracers
4) Add CC/CD/IAS - two of them to your rings
5) Add 50-60+ All resis to pants
6) Add another 50+ Str to boots
7) Add another 100+ on chest
8) Add another 100+ on shoulders
9) Add socket and 4%+ crit chance on helm or use Andy Visage
10) Add two of the following - crit chance/crit damage/ attack speed - 5%+/50%+/8%+ respectively.
11) Change weapon to Skorn ( 1250 DPS+ 175+ CD and 300+ Str and vitality) - around 10m gold at least - so be patient.

Skills

1) Swap Relentless for Weapons Master for extra DPS
2) Swap Nerves of Steel for Blood Thirst for life steal - better survivability
3) Swap whirlwind for rend for AOE and life steal

I wouldnt suggest Whirlwind due to the low crit chance and the rest of your skils setup (more sutied to SnB or Rend build)
@MaximumMoose and Ic1HooksTV -- thanks for the awesome rates. I think you guys should focus on other players though; I usually come in here to help out, though a nice rating can always make a player's day ;)
Ic1Hooks

I havent seen a build like that before - excellent gear - not much advice I can give.

But for your skills - how does it compare say, replacing earthquake with berserker insanity? and replacing furious charge->revenge, leap->war cry impunity?

Does having leap/charge better than war cry/revenge?
@ MoS86
Get more CC...on both rings and gloves...that would push your dps a lot.
And get rid of that Andy Face, i also wear one but try to get one where you only get 6 or 7 percent fire damage.
Other than that your build looks pretty solid to me. A little bit more str or vit here and there, just what everybody needs
@Ic1HooksTV

I like the alternative approach with the shield...could really be a nice way to go if done the right way i imagine.
for you, new rings and amulet. forget the loh on the amulet and try to accumulate a larger crit chance/dmg, maybe a lacuni's for some attack speed. The extra defense you have should be able to suffice for the loss of loh..additionally you have IK belt if im not mistaked so you're getting LS. a little LoH from black's pants and the lifesteal should be decent enough health returns. Get that crit high through rings and amulet, asi on those slots as well. im talkin pricey here but should be your aim if you're wanting to go all shield. again i say, best defense is a good offense...but in this case, your shield provides crit which is a means to the real damage so i dont consider the shield build a starting build. but yea..higher crits and asi instead of loh will provide better hp gains through the LS.

7.5/10 i like it.

some better gear on your build id give you a 10 any day but raise the gold and youll be there...makes me want to whip out a crit shield...just to see comparison dps wise..hmm
@Geezer

Super barb 10/10 can i have your help with uber in mp10 to get my ring ?lol
sure add me, ill help you. ill be on in..10 minutes haha

probably have a few items to hook you up with..maybe, bracers i think definately..idk
Edited by Geezer#1436 on 11/14/2012 3:08 PM PST
@Erplayer

6/10, nice starting barb, what you should focus on now is to get gear with higher str and more vit, then look for attack speed
@Renegade

8.5/10 Very nice barb. I love chd and rend, so awesome when it criticals . If anything I'd upgrade either the left ring or new pants. and obviously cc on lacuni and mempo wouldnt hurt, but hella expensive =)
@Renegade

8/10 Nice DPS, nice AS. Might be able to increase CC with some better prowlers?

@TypehyDro

9/10 Nice MF gear while keeping good DPS :), love the AR. could get slightly more vit though
Edited by Fundbro#6259 on 11/14/2012 3:25 PM PST
@Geezer

sure ill add you , but im one key left to make my third mahine
@Renegade
Nice 2h build. Next upgrades I would consider would be new IK gloves with ias and then a witching hour instead of the IK belt. The 6% LS on your Skorn should be more than enough. Oh and upgrade those gems.

8.5/10
Ic1Hooks

I havent seen a build like that before - excellent gear - not much advice I can give.

But for your skills - how does it compare say, replacing earthquake with berserker insanity? and replacing furious charge->revenge, leap->war cry impunity?

Does having leap/charge better than war cry/revenge?

Actually, I'm just using some "fun" skills right now farming MP1 for legendaries ... will use Berserker, War Cry & Revenge (you nailed it) when playing higher MP ... I also swap Unforgiving to Ruthless .... and I have a pair of really nice Ice Climbers that have much better stats - just no MS :(
@Lordbaker, nice ww/throw hybrid you got there, i've been considering going that route as well. How would you say it does in comparison to a pure ww build? Looks like you have some signifigant EHP as well as nice dmg output to accompony that especially with the 300th spear for WT and SoJ, i'll give you a solid 8/10.
@FrakinSkullz u can get a new off hand for harder WW hit
7/10 cookie cutter
@Ic1HooksTV

I like the alternative approach with the shield...could really be a nice way to go if done the right way i imagine.
for you, new rings and amulet. forget the loh on the amulet and try to accumulate a larger crit chance/dmg, maybe a lacuni's for some attack speed. The extra defense you have should be able to suffice for the loss of loh..additionally you have IK belt if im not mistaked so you're getting LS. a little LoH from black's pants and the lifesteal should be decent enough health returns. Get that crit high through rings and amulet, asi on those slots as well. im talkin pricey here but should be your aim if you're wanting to go all shield. again i say, best defense is a good offense...but in this case, your shield provides crit which is a means to the real damage so i dont consider the shield build a starting build. but yea..higher crits and asi instead of loh will provide better hp gains through the LS.

7.5/10 i like it.

some better gear on your build id give you a 10 any day but raise the gold and youll be there...makes me want to whip out a crit shield...just to see comparison dps wise..hmm

Yeah, it's an on-going process. Been playing SnB for quite some time ... thinking about a WW build for the next multi-million $$$ upgrade ... shame it has to cost soooo much. Thanx
@FrakinSkullz

IMO the weapon throw/ww hybrid build will trump the pure ww build on someone that is not able to spend 300m+ per slot. The ranged fury generator is especially helpful on packs with arcane/fire chains/etc. The multiplier on elites from the soj in addition to the 300th spear easily gives me crits over 500k with weapon throw, not to mention you can dump fury with sprint/battle rage to keep wotb up. I know acrimony had a good thread on the benefits of weapon throw that you may want to check out.

May look into adding 2 pieces of the IK set next, belt and gloves are pretty solid combo imo.
7/10
Edited by LordBaker#1477 on 11/14/2012 3:33 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]