Diablo® III

NEXT UPGRADE FOR THE WIZARD ABOVE YOU PART 7

@bragisdottir you need an OS chanto and OS stormcrow... im in the same boat
@Scottw: new chest, tal rasha's perhaps
@Scottw: Actually i´m pretty happy with my chanto (1.79 aps and good dps) and my stormcrow has 6% cc. I´m pretty sure u can´t get crit with socket on stormcrow (not even sure if there are any stormcrows with socket ^^).

But u should definitely upgrade your stormcrow to one with crit. u should be able to get one with at least 4% cc for cheap nowadays.

my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bragisdottir-2449/hero/47324
i have a storm crow i switch to went i play cm - otherwise i need the ias, hence the andys. i know it's not the best but i'm not paying more for a minor increase - just wait till i can get a mempo
@ tomdal - I'd get a Vile Ward with %life or vit with the same stats. They are running pretty cheap now adays for %life ones.

@proc - I'd go for a new OH, the triumvirate you have is medium at best, 230 dmg isn't that great anymore and not perfect crit or elemental dmg. Probably could get an upgrade for pretty cheap. That or a better Tal's since the set bonus from it doesn't really help you much.

@Brag - I'd probably go for Tal Rasha's chest. You can get one with Res all and you'd just lose the set bonus from Zuni's in replacement for more vit / 8or 9 IAS which would make you much better in the IAS category. That would open up the oppurtunity to get a socketed Chant's Will.

Edit: For me I rock a Andy's on Uber's with OS for the crit IAS though i'm over 2.73 without it.
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/26/2012 8:46 AM PST
im "pretty happy" with my chantodo too, but an OS one would add a ton of DPS with an emerald. I wear stormcrow over mepmo for now because of LoH... not picking enough up elsewhere at the moment.

I am keeping tyrael's might partly for movement speed as i plan to grab ice climbers without MS (im still at 25% w/o the firewalkers )
im "pretty happy" with my chantodo too, but an OS one would add a ton of DPS with an emerald. I wear stormcrow over mepmo for now because of LoH... not picking enough up elsewhere at the moment.

I am keeping tyrael's might partly for movement speed as i plan to grab ice climbers without MS (im still at 25% w/o the firewalkers )

You could get a 230+ int, 50 Vit set of Vile Wards for under 20M if you shop smart.
You could get a 950+ 1.65, OS chants for 20-28M.
You could get 80 Int, 130 Vit, 60 AR, 6 crit bracers for sub 15M.
You could upgrade your source to avg damage of 240+ and keep 150 int for pretty cheap.
You could get a better storm crow with crit for ~15M.
You could get a 140 int, 3 socket, 50 vit, 50 AR, 8-9% IAS TR chest for less than 20M.

I'd get a better source first, then the chest, then the vile wards. Work on your wand next.
@Scottw

You could upgrade your ammy next. Right now you don't need CD on your ammy. Wait till you have AS + CC before adding CD to it. Get more LOH there as well, or AR, or Int/Vit
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 11/26/2012 8:56 AM PST
I´m currently running 2.77 APS and i don´t think a Tals Chest would get me to 3.003 Aps or am i wrong? So, i don´t see why i would pay the big bill for a good tals with allres.

2.5080 33
2.7258 33
2.7378 36
2.9913 36
3.0030 40

Of course an OS Chanto would give me a big dps upgrade but i don´t want to fall below 36 ticks to be honest.

What i am looking at right now are some zuni boots with all res and armor on it. would that be a waste?
@Brag

Adding AR to your zuni boots is a nice idea but there are plenty of other things that are higher priority. I'll list a couple ideas:

-Add more armor all over... you have solid AR, but lower armor. You need to change out energy armor for shocking armor/shocking aspect asap. It is a massive boost to efficiency, but you need the unbuffed armor and AR to manage it. Pick a few slots and look into adding +armor affix, such as your gloves/belt/pants.

-Swap blackthorne dex pants out for something better. Right now you have tons of Vit. You can go down to ~35K or lower and be fine as long as you have good LOH/armor/AR. Look into getting a blackthorne pants with +armor and/or +AR instead of +vit/dex.

-More LOH on ammy

-Consider getting a tals chest eventually, with AR/armor, along with an OS chants wand + emerald. Work this out so that you keep your desired/current attack speed breakpoint (see the thread about that for twister breakpoints for ticks) and it will add a lot of DPS. Might lose a bit of AR from the zuni 3piece bonus
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 11/26/2012 9:09 AM PST
@Bragisdottir
Your profile goes to an EU profile that has just a level 1 monk. Can you post a link to your wiz?

That's his US profile. The EU link he posted is his reply is with his wizard.

@Scottw: Actually i´m pretty happy with my chanto (1.79 aps and good dps) and my stormcrow has 6% cc. I´m pretty sure u can´t get crit with socket on stormcrow (not even sure if there are any stormcrows with socket ^^).

But u should definitely upgrade your stormcrow to one with crit. u should be able to get one with at least 4% cc for cheap nowadays.

my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bragisdottir-2449/hero/47324
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/26/2012 9:09 AM PST
@Alesso: Thx for the help. Yeah my armor is pretty damn low and with that amount of armor there is no way to run sns soon. I will definitely take a look at upgrading my armor.
If i get rid of Blackthornes though, i would loose a ton of LoH. I´m right now at 1300 LOH and feel pretty good once the nados are running.
But sadly, due to the low armor i´m squishy when just running around without nados doing their job.

btw.: ur gear is stupid good and i would love to have that much defense to safely run sns...sadly your gear is like 200+ mil a piece? that is way out of my league :(

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bragisdottir-2449/hero/47324

Edit: Thanks for making me aware that i always pay a pretty penny more for overvaluing vitality on my gear...played a tank barb till 1.03, guess this behaviour is a leftover from that time :D
Edited by Bragisdottir#2449 on 11/26/2012 9:25 AM PST
@ Bragisdotir

Higher avg dmg offhand and or start replacing your <9% attck speed items with %9 versions.
@BDF

Maybe a higher CC Pox? Seriously, you could lose plenty of gear and still be plenty viable.

Hmm, another thought: A good Hellfire ring. Get that PL up a big quicker.

Edit: feel free to skip me. My gear's on my WD right now.
Edited by Maysrill#1190 on 11/26/2012 12:08 PM PST
@Maysrill

You'd better put on some shorts if you want to keep fighting crime today.
@aspera, good gear just get some better gems for god's sake man! :-)
11/26/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Disciple
@aspera, good gear just get some better gems for god's sake man! :-)

Nice gear! Time for mempo I think :D
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]