does anyone still farm whimshire?

(secret level)
Reply Quote
Been there once only.
Reply Quote
It's way too annoying, with no payoff.
Reply Quote
Farm it? No.

But aftedr going through A1 for a possible key, several bosses, and mass skeletal slaughtering, popping over there for the 10 mintues it takes to smash My Little Pony is fun.

And fun is what games are about :)
Reply Quote
If they do, they shouldn't be.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Whimsyshire is actually one of my favorite places to farm whenever I'm looking to gear up another character, or help out a friend do something similar. It's nice change of pace (and scenery) and, hey, I get to punch bears in the face. So there's that.

As for super serious farming? Nah, not really. It's definitely not my preferred spot, but it wasn't really designed to be that. It's a fun addition to the game, for sure, but not necessarily a core part of it. :)
Reply Quote
i might be more willing to do it if it didn't have what feels like a 3 minute event to spawn it every time.
Edited by Chimaeric#1903 on 11/8/2012 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Whimsyshire is actually one of my favorite places to farm whenever I'm looking to gear up another character, or help out a friend do something similar. It's nice change of pace (and scenery) and, hey, I get to punch bears in the face. So there's that.

As for super serious farming? Nah, not really. It's definitely not my preferred spot, but it wasn't really designed to be that. It's a fun addition to the game, for sure, but not necessarily a core part of it. :)

Well I'm assuming your a fine young lasse of a woman. Cause honestly only a Female could truly love Whimsyshire. I've only been there once myself, and I felt sick shortly after. I promised never to go back.

To shame I say.. To shame with Whimsyshire.

But hey, that's me (and just about every other masculine guy out there.)
Edited by Poobah#1136 on 11/8/2012 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
We need cows back. Even after cows got nerfed in D2, people were still able to level their characters from level 20-25.

Why isn't there a Pony king or queen?
Reply Quote
No, its not worth the time or effort. Its like farming any act but act 3.
Reply Quote
No. I feel stupid for even wasting gold crafting the Staff of herding.
Just the thought of rainbows, unicorns and bears in a game called Diablo makes me cringe.
Reply Quote

Well I'm assuming your a fine young lasse of a woman. Cause honestly only a Female could truly love Whimsyshire. I've only been there once myself, and I felt sick shortly after. I promised never to go back.

To shame I say.. To shame with Whimsyshire.

really...
Reply Quote
I said just about every masculine man out there.. your obviously one of those other guys. (Not that there is anything wrong with that... lol)
Reply Quote

really? cause for like 100k gold you can super gear out a new toon on the AH
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/08/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Poobah
Cause honestly only a Female could truly love Whimsyshire.

I'll see your totally facetious bandwagon statement and raise you one of my own:

Real men farm Whimsyshire.

Yeah. I went there. (Snap.)

The lead content designer for Diablo III also just stopped by my desk on his way to another meeting and told me to say that Whimsyshire is "the best place to farm happiness." Now, whether that means it's where you go to find happiness or simply slaughter all that represents happiness, I don't know. He left before I could clarify. :(

11/08/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Poobah

All joking aside, that's completely fine. It's certainly doesn't have to be your favorite place in the world. It's a novelty level, and one that's completely optional at that.
Reply Quote
Ugh - I only need the gibbering gemstone to put together staff of herding but I still can't find Chiltara. I've done so many runs in Caverns of Frost, and incorporated it into my A3 runs with no luck.

Not qq'ing just wish I could kill me some ponies :S
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile

Real men farm Whimsyshire.

Hell yes! Farming Whimsyshire is a great thing, god damn Ponies DIE DIE DIE GAH!

I may have a love for killing cute things >.> It's relaxing dammit!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]