Diablo® III

does anyone still farm whimshire?

I'm worried I will have a seizure, so I stay away. Too bright!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/08/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Providence
really? cause for like 100k gold you can super gear out a new toon on the AH

/shrug

Personal preference, but I enjoy farming for gear whenever I can. It might take a bit longer, and I may not have a set that's perfectly min/maxed, but I like the feeling of wearing items that I've discovered myself.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Lylirra
Cause honestly only a Female could truly love Whimsyshire.

I'll see your totally facetious bandwagon statement and raise you one of my own:

Real men farm Whimsyshire.

Yeah. I went there. (Snap.)

/thread
Reply Quote
I'm a manly man and I farm Whimsyshire in skinny jeans and a pink shirt.
Reply Quote
Its part of my long act1 route
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Lylirra
really? cause for like 100k gold you can super gear out a new toon on the AH

/shrug

Personal preference, but I enjoy farming for gear whenever I can. It might take a bit longer, and I may not have a set that's perfectly min/maxed, but I like the feeling of wearing items that I've discovered myself.

lol i do too but its just way to slow. I mean drop rates between normal and hell are fine but buying the gear can steam power getting from 1-60 from like 20-30 hours down to like 4-7.

inferno's another matter though :p
Reply Quote
I was starting to forget about Whymshire's existence.

You reminded me.

Why won't you let me repress this atrocious place in the depth of my psyche ?

Curse you. Curse you for forcing the association of ponies and Diablo onto me.
Reply Quote
View profile
that death animation on the ponies...so beautifully brutal...also, haven't been there in a couple months i think :(
Reply Quote
Ugh - I only need the gibbering gemstone to put together staff of herding but I still can't find Chiltara. I've done so many runs in Caverns of Frost, and incorporated it into my A3 runs with no luck.

Not qq'ing just wish I could kill me some ponies :S

I stumbled into that cave for the first time ever the other day, and one dropped for me.

I was like...what the heck is this thing? Then I remembered about the ponies.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Chimaeric
i might be more willing to do it if it didn't have what feels like a 3 minute event to spawn it every time.

You can press space bar continually to skip the chit chat.
Reply Quote
Whimsyshire is such a disappointment compared to the cow level. The cow level should just be ported over for D3.
Reply Quote
Farming happiness is the best
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 10:46 AMPosted by turboRush
i might be more willing to do it if it didn't have what feels like a 3 minute event to spawn it every time.

You can press space bar continually to skip the chit chat.

You can also just run north to the top of the map there and the portal opens once you move far enough away, then run back.

Found a Blackthorne's chest in ponies today, not good enough to make any money but it was an upgrade for my monk when I get it to 60. Stashed it. Strangely enough it was the second BT Chest to drop in that run. First one was an upgrade for my barb!
Reply Quote
21 Night Elf Rogue
Cows > Ponies
Reply Quote
i dont go there much but when i do i have fun making ponies and teddy bears explode .. i wish i could pick up a unicorn rib cage and wear it as a chest piece
Reply Quote
And it's very Theraputic...... bashing Unicorns, Flowers, and Teddy Bears, and BLOOD EVERYWHERE!
Reply Quote
I think Whimsy was set up wrong. It was fairly difficult (depending on who you are) to get the ingredients for the staff. So I would have loved to see something like x2 legendary drop rate there.

Although I guess that would be too op, so there would need to be a requirement to open it each time (similar to keys --> ubers), but probably too late since that's taken now.

So yeah, it's just funny like cows.
Edited by Giggsy#1813 on 11/8/2012 11:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
I dislike Whimshire because its too colorful and after some minutes my eyes hurt -__-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]