Diablo® III

does anyone still farm whimshire?

It's not a case of masculine or not... Whimseyshire had me longing for a simpler time when $2,000 12" CRT monitors had big brightness knobs, it hurts my eyes. Add to that a low mob density, and those mobs that are there being relatively fast and hitty and it's just a no go for me.

As others have said A3 still the only serious choice, which is a shame.

Edit: Just port in cow level. Want novelty? Use same color palette. Getting hard already.
Edited by Mandalay#1340 on 11/8/2012 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Peppermint
Edit: Just port in cow level. Want novelty? Use same color palette. Getting hard already.

Remember the tremedation you would feel when the Cow Portal would open up, and you would be the first to enter. You could never be quite sure what you were getting into. Scary stuff... Especially on hardcore.
Reply Quote
D2 cow portal on hardcore was fun -- die or not die at low levels? Open up at the cow king.
Reply Quote
Lylirra can you add a view profile feature to the CMs? Whenever you, Grimiku, Vaeflare, etc talk about your chars I always wish I could see them. Would be nice.
Reply Quote
If Whimsyshire "hurts your eyes", you obviously don't: watch television, watch movies, have kids, browse the internet and most importantly, go outside.
Reply Quote
Ponies and carebears don't MOOO!!!!! Although the bobble head carebears are quite funny. There's also not that herding feeling cows had. The map has many narrow paths to just be able to herd the whole thing and aoe it down, although with the current run speed limits, i doubt that would be half as fun as herding dozens of cows to blow them away.
Reply Quote
I miss COWS! I don't miss D2 though.. I guess what I dislike about Whimshire is it's all rainbows and flowers! Ugh!!! Blah!!! *Spits like Barbarian*

Please make something dark and gloomy ...
Reply Quote
Farm it? No. But while I'm in act 1 doing key runs and ubers, I'll make use of the 5 NV stacks I've gained and make a quick run through. It only takes a few minutes to clear, although I still haven't found one thing in there to make it worth it.
Reply Quote
I do. I was able to do everything except past act 1 Inferno the first month the game came out. The game was actually hard once upon a time.

I think at one point this was the place to farm am I correct? One of the patches must of nerfed it.

I went through so much to get the damn staff that I run it. Mostly when I'm running act one for keys and keys only. It's pretty hard to find a place where you can get your four or five stacks right away.

Got any better ideas that this for keyrunning? Why is it so hard or annoying? I love the terrain for a DH.
Reply Quote
Festering Woods is a great place to get your 5NV stacks.
Reply Quote
Cause honestly only a Female could truly love Whimsyshire.

I'll see your totally facetious bandwagon statement and raise you one of my own:

Real men farm Whimsyshire.

Yeah. I went there. (Snap.)

The lead content designer for Diablo III also just stopped by my desk on his way to another meeting and told me to say that Whimsyshire is "the best place to farm happiness." Now, whether that means it's where you go to find happiness or simply slaughter all that represents happiness, I don't know. He left before I could clarify. :(

But hey, that's me (and just about every other masculine guy out there.)

All joking aside, that's completely fine. It's certainly doesn't have to be your favorite place in the world. It's a novelty level, and one that's completely optional at that.

So what would you say if in the D3 expansion thre was a zone where the Ponyland denizens and the D2 mad cows were engaged in a massive battle... and upon entering said zone, you got to choose which side to jump in with? ;p
Edited by Squaekers#1234 on 11/8/2012 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Farming is a fools game, playing the AH is how your supposed to gear up in this game, anything less is a tremendous waste of time.
Also whatever shire is stupid.
Reply Quote
Why is it all the D3 team KNOW that people want the cow level....but refuse to give it to us.....? Lets see a blue reponse to this.
Reply Quote
The lead content designer for Diablo III also just stopped by my desk on his way to another meeting and told me to say that Whimsyshire is "the best place to farm happiness."

O rly?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934194499
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 12:41 PMPosted by ktulu87
Why is it all the D3 team KNOW that people want the cow level....but refuse to give it to us.....? Lets see a blue reponse to this.

They also wanted Diablo 2.5.
Reply Quote
Farming is a fools game, playing the AH is how your supposed to gear up in this game, anything less is a tremendous waste of time.
Also whatever shire is stupid.

Your definition of playing the game is "a tremendous waste of time."

Why do you play?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]