Diablo® III

does anyone still farm whimshire?

11/08/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Drizar
Cows > Ponies

Ponies > Cows
Reply Quote
Cause honestly only a Female could truly love Whimsyshire.

I'll see your totally facetious bandwagon statement and raise you one of my own:

Real men farm Whimsyshire.

Yeah. I went there. (Snap.)

The lead content designer for Diablo III also just stopped by my desk on his way to another meeting and told me to say that Whimsyshire is "the best place to farm happiness." Now, whether that means it's where you go to find happiness or simply slaughter all that represents happiness, I don't know. He left before I could clarify. :(

But hey, that's me (and just about every other masculine guy out there.)

All joking aside, that's completely fine. It's certainly doesn't have to be your favorite place in the world. It's a novelty level, and one that's completely optional at that.

Shall we continue our joyous killing of all that is cute and fluffy?

Slaughtering demons is fun an all....but it just doesn't have that same feeling of utter insane delight that blasting a bear into dripping chunks or slicing a pony and a unicorn in half does ^.^

Although...if it's not too much trouble for your Devs...could they design a Pony Queen? Or maybe a giant Monstrous Teddy Bear that's covered in blood or some such other gory things, maybe have entrails around its feet and arms that end in spiked, club-like hands that squeak whenever it hits you?

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Edited by ShadowStarr5#1189 on 11/8/2012 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I enjoyed it as extra content, and I genuinely laughed a bit watching my barb paint a portrait with the unicorn's blood. Is it worth the cost of admission? Eh, it depends on your personal preferences. It's not a great farming spot, but I play games for fun, and I found it to be fun in the same way a carnival ride is fun. It doesn't mean I'd pay 5 bucks a pop to ride them all day long, but now and then, why not?

What I will say is that for the substantial amount of gold (for your average player, anyway), I think the pinata should ALWAYS spawn somewhere on the map. It adds an incentive, fits the level design, and is in NO way overdoing it, since even with the pinata I can get more loot farming pretty much anything beyond Act 1. Please consider passing along this suggestion Lylirra.

Happy gaming, people.

Edit: Oh, I forgot the best part, the Cow King's dialogue with your character before you enter. One of the few genuinely funny bits of dialogue in this game.

Edit Edit: Oh yeah, the poster above me has a great idea too. A rare-spawn "Pony Queen" or something similar in Whimsy would provide an actual reason to visit. I'll take it a step further and suggest a semi-useful "joke" legendary that can drop off of said boss, with a novel effect that's also useful. How about something like the Cluckeye Bow, a mace maybe, that has a percentage chance to shoot rainbows at enemies? Should be easy enough to implement with the current coding. If you want to kick it up a notch, said rainbows could cause enemies to giggle uncontrollably for 5 seconds (equivalent of a confuse or blind effect).
Edited by Exile#1863 on 11/8/2012 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is there any way I could donate my staff of herding to someone who actually wants it? Rainbow brite is not something I enjoy, or even find amusing, in a Diablo game.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/08/2012 02:59 PMPosted by ShadowStarr5
Although...if it's not too much trouble for your Devs...could they design a Pony Queen? Or maybe a giant Monstrous Teddy Bear that's covered in blood or some such other gory things, maybe have entrails around its feet and arms that end in spiked, club-like hands that squeak whenever it hits you?

Haha, that's certainly feedback I can pass on. :)
Reply Quote
Edit Edit: Oh yeah, the poster above me has a great idea too. A rare-spawn "Pony Queen" or something similar in Whimsy would provide an actual reason to visit. I'll take it a step further and suggest a semi-useful "joke" legendary that can drop off of said boss, with a novel effect that's also useful. How about something like the Cluckeye Bow, a mace maybe, that has a percentage chance to shoot rainbows at enemies? Should be easy enough to implement with the current coding. If you want to kick it up a notch, said rainbows could cause enemies to giggle uncontrollably for 5 seconds (equivalent of a confuse or blind effect).

In keeping with the semi-creepy spirit of Whimsyshire, I believe the most suitable Legendary that could drop from there would be called..

Chucky's Little Rattle: This rattle emanates a malevolence that only the evilest of children could create, monsters shrink from it whenever you shake it
Edited by ShadowStarr5#1189 on 11/8/2012 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
I truly wish that Whimsyshire had much more epic music attached to it's location. It's so dull and boring and doesn't go with the theme of the level. It it was a more vibrant and fun style of music, it may lead me to farm there more often with 5 stacks on a high MP.
Reply Quote
You know Lylirra....you and Vaelflare and Grimiku have been fairly active these past few months.

What happened to Bashiok? I loved his posts, they were funny and informative.

I've tried talking to him in the Dalgur Oasis but whenever I get near him he runs away and calls Sokahr to beat up while he escapes U_U

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Reply Quote
those ponies hit like a truck... I usally farm MP5 with not problems and rarely die, but I tried whimsy after a key run and didn't last long against the ponies...
Reply Quote
Whimsyshire is actually one of my favorite places to farm whenever I'm looking to gear up another character, or help out a friend do something similar. It's nice change of pace (and scenery) and, hey, I get to punch bears in the face. So there's that.

As for super serious farming? Nah, not really. It's definitely not my preferred spot, but it wasn't really designed to be that. It's a fun addition to the game, for sure, but not necessarily a core part of it. :)

Unfortunate Whimsey has become obsolete. Yes it does offer a change in scenery, but none of the less a useless place. They should some how modify it by adding a weekly even that only spawns once a month for x-days. In which you receive a sexy item, gigantic gold chest, or even a title
Reply Quote
the scene is so dazzle that hurt my eyes after playing it...stupid design
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Lylirra
Cause honestly only a Female could truly love Whimsyshire.

I'll see your totally facetious bandwagon statement and raise you one of my own:

The lead content designer for Diablo III also just stopped by my desk on his way to another meeting and told me to say that Whimsyshire is "the best place to farm happiness." Now, whether that means it's where you go to find happiness or simply slaughter all that represents happiness, I don't know. He left before I could clarify. :(

But hey, that's me (and just about every other masculine guy out there.)

All joking aside, that's completely fine. It's certainly doesn't have to be your favorite place in the world. It's a novelty level, and one that's completely optional at that.

you sound hot, wanna date?
Reply Quote
Whimsyshire is actually one of my favorite places to farm whenever I'm looking to gear up another character, or help out a friend do something similar. It's nice change of pace (and scenery) and, hey, I get to punch bears in the face. So there's that.

As for super serious farming? Nah, not really. It's definitely not my preferred spot, but it wasn't really designed to be that. It's a fun addition to the game, for sure, but not necessarily a core part of it. :)
\

That's nice. Nerf the staff cost. Now. Thanks in advance!
Edited by Wrathofrecca#1850 on 11/8/2012 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
If I do act 1, I always do whimsyshire. Very high elite density there makes it easy to get stacks for keyruns too.
Reply Quote
No.

I can't look at it.

Its a very poor design choice for a Diablo game. I'd like a real secret level.

Sorry, have to say it, the cow level was so much better in every way, even the design. I feel crammped in on the pony level. It doesnt really exist to me. A waste of development time.
Reply Quote
I find it a bit annoying place to be at, the music hurts my ears, the background is too colourful that it makes me feel nausea.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 05:25 PMPosted by pigeonspank

you sound hot, wanna date?

I'm sorry, but dating a CM as a Diablo customer is against the Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

section 10 c line 12

She is though FYI:
https://twitter.com/Lylirra
Reply Quote
i was just messing around but hey yeah, she actually is. haha
Reply Quote
just NO

disgraceful!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]