Diablo® III

Hall of Godly Barbarians temporary thread

This thread is going to be temporary because the old thread has filled up. I am still testing the new formula and I will create another thread when the new formula is ready. I did not expect the old thread to fill up that quickly. :)

@google

At the time I changed the formula and had a scoring reset, you were missing 2 pieces of gear. Your current score is 49,330

Link to old thread

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004690628?page=1

Link to the calculator

http://d3calc.p5dev.com/barbarian.php
Edited by Celanian#1548 on 11/15/2012 11:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Heh. I just switched my Helm of Command for an AR IK helm and my belt for an IK belt and my score jumped to 18,327. I'm one good amulet from making my own Hall under the old formula. :)
Reply Quote
Here is my new updated score with the old formula man. I hadnt thought to try my SOJ on before for DP stats. This is how i feel "most godly", except with a purple gem in the helm, instead of the red one im wearing in the stats below, but my score is higher with a ruby in the helm.

Hall Score: 51093.642400593

DPS Score: 134.421384405
EHP Score: 151.16535
Sustain Score: 1.3132830062106
Move Score: 1.21
Paragon Score: 1.37
Misc Score: 1.155

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/baller-1390/BALLER/20990209
Reply Quote
@Baller

I've updated your score. I will continue to update scores until I'm done testing the new formula and have the new thread setup.

The reason that the ruby is better for you is that you get full credit for the XP bonuses whereas your EHP was already so high that adding 18% extra hit the diminishing returns wall of my formula so you only got partial credit for it. The new formula will help somewhat, but heavy tankers like you will probably still be better off with the ruby in helm.

I wish there was an easy way to make rubies in helms equivalent to amethysts so that we don't get this discrepancy, but there isn't. OTOH, the extra EHP you gain from amethyst is of marginal use to you but is of huge importance to someone with 600K EHP, so it makes sense that the low EHP dude gets more value from the amethyst in the formula.
Edited by Celanian#1548 on 11/9/2012 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
I keep my amethyst in helm to see where I would rank in PVP format. Onside of Baller, Nikeboy1984, and Google, I don't see another Barbarian who out ranks me at the moment. PVP Dummy scores are arbitrary at best, potentially misleading at worst. However, it's the only reason I continue to play and farm and upgrade :P

Hall Score: 41104.890103191

DPS Score: 169.23895
EHP Score: 110.2338
Sustain Score: 1.2783268326778
Move Score: 1.24
Paragon Score: 1.39
Misc Score: 1

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/acrimony-1561/acrimony/4156386
Reply Quote
I've been testing a few people using the new sustain score. I don't like it. Sustain scores are rising to 3 or more and I don't think sustain should more than triple people's score. It makes LS, LOH, and APS way too valuable in the formula and is blowing up people's scores.

What I propose to do is to take only half the score above 1 to make the numbers more manageable. Thus a raw sustain in the new formula of 2 would give a 1.5 multiplier and a sustain of 2.5 would give a 1.75 multiplier. Since everyone will be scaled down the same way, it makes it fair for all. I'm going to have to do some more testing to make sure the numbers work out, but these are my preliminary thoughts. I may even have to take 1/3 of the numbers above 1 since sustain scores are blowing up so much. For example, my sustain in new formula is 2.89 vs 1.53 in the old formula.
Reply Quote
@Baller

I've updated your score. I will continue to update scores until I'm done testing the new formula and have the new thread setup.

The reason that the ruby is better for you is that you get full credit for the XP bonuses whereas your EHP was already so high that adding 18% extra hit the diminishing returns wall of my formula so you only got partial credit for it. The new formula will help somewhat, but heavy tankers like you will probably still be better off with the ruby in helm.

I wish there was an easy way to make rubies in helms equivalent to amethysts so that we don't get this discrepancy, but there isn't. OTOH, the extra EHP you gain from amethyst is of marginal use to you but is of huge importance to someone with 600K EHP, so it makes sense that the low EHP dude gets more value from the amethyst in the formula.

Thanks Celanian, I appreciate it. It is kind of cool seeing how the different pieces effect my scores in the various rankings (here, PVP, Heroscore, ect.)

I personally feel like this score should reflect when you are most godly. I.E. I am going to wear a purple gem in my helm during MP10 Uber bosses, as it does allow my character to be better overall, even though the 18% more HP may not benefit me as much as someone with much less HP/EHP. Perhaps you make the requirement of not allowing a ruby in the players helm to be counted, just for scoring initial scoring purposes only. Because I dont think anyone in this forum can argue that the purple gem makes every characters much stronger than a ruby does, the only reason to wear the ruby is to level faster, not necessarily be the most godly.

Now in all honesty, I do not farm with a purple gem in my helm and I use my hellfire ring, as I am trying to get to paragon 100, if that will ever happen! I use my SOJ and Purple gem for high level ubers and I use my Oculus ring for PVP Score lol (That ring is a EHP monster btw). But maybe we can move to the idea of not scoring for experiance gain all together in your forum and it can alleviate a lot of the guess work and provide the best numbers for who is infact most godly. Just floating some ideas around here, it may level things much better.
Reply Quote
Here is my new updated score with the old formula man. I hadnt thought to try my SOJ on before for DP stats. This is how i feel "most godly", except with a purple gem in the helm, instead of the red one im wearing in the stats below, but my score is higher with a ruby in the helm.

Damn Baller. Your Barbarian might just be the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life.
Reply Quote

Damn Baller. Your Barbarian might just be the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Hey now! Baller has been looking pretty lean these days!
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 07:24 PMPosted by BALLER

I'm sneaking up on you and Nikeboy, but I have no idea how I'm going to catch the two of you without a shield. The only ideas I have at the moment are related to my shoulders, my chest armour, and maybe my Lacunis.
Reply Quote
Hall Score: 31039.268407442

DPS Score: 160.73406
EHP Score: 73.9938
Sustain Score: 1.4108218785942
Move Score: 1.12
Paragon Score: 1.43
Reply Quote
at last....ive been waiting...

Hall Score: 21495.714927867

DPS Score: 143.23742
EHP Score: 111.83965
Sustain Score: 1.1089557943055
Move Score: 1
Paragon Score: 1.21
Misc Score: 1

P.S.
I will never ever ever EVER touch MS gear unless it has the same stats and price level. Those MS benefits me nothing more than speed walk. Therefore, I may stuck at 1 Move score...forever.... (T_T)
Reply Quote
DipSpit and Rexxar updated.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/09/2012 07:29 PMPosted by acrimony

I'm sneaking up on you and Nikeboy, but I have no idea how I'm going to catch the two of you without a shield. The only ideas I have at the moment are related to my shoulders, my chest armour, and maybe my Lacunis.

I am still so envy of your mempo! =/
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984

I am still so envy of your mempo! =/

I stayed up late enough to grab it for 443m.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 07:29 PMPosted by acrimony

OMG, your stuff is crazy now. I didnt realize all the upgrades.

Yeah the Lacunis need some form of EHP in them, whether it be all resist or vit. Gonna be hard though, as your are already freaking awesome DPS Lacunis.

I honestly dont know how you are going to do it either. This guy had both nikeboy and myself beat when he had a purple gem and different rings on. He is pretty crazy...... i really want his off hand bad.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/nate-6464/Cherry/25190233
Reply Quote
Cherry's gear has been nuts for the longest time. I can't remember how long he's been at the top of the PVP rankings, but I think beginning of August?
Reply Quote
View profile
11/09/2012 08:51 PMPosted by acrimony
Cherry's gear has been nuts for the longest time. I can't remember how long he's been at the top of the PVP rankings, but I think beginning of August?

Yeah, Cherry has been the top 1 for the longest time in the US! and it is very hard to catchup with that barb especially with stormshield on.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/09/2012 08:38 PMPosted by BALLER

Yeah the Lacunis need some form of EHP in them, whether it be all resist or vit. Gonna be hard though, as your are already freaking awesome DPS Lacunis.

I honestly dont know how you are going to do it either. This guy had both nikeboy and myself beat when he had a purple gem and different rings on. He is pretty crazy...... i really want his off hand bad.

yeah mate, his offhand sword is both DPS and EHP at it's finest!
Reply Quote

yeah mate, his offhand sword is both DPS and EHP at it's finest!

I refuse to give up my baby (off-hand). I think it's worth way too much to sell because no one will pay it until they wanted it more.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 11/9/2012 9:19 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]