Diablo® III

80mil+ xp/h WD Speed farm VIDEOS

In my good gear im at about 180k base 220k ac dps unbuffed. In my glasscannon gear im in the top 10 wd list on diabloprogress for north america with about 285k unbuffed dps.

yes cains set is worth it in terms of xp/h gain for me. more so than higher mp. although I dont think its worth it for the average player.

@Ryan Is your thinking based on testing data or ignorance because for me both higher mp and full act clear showed significantly lower xp/h.

say that to my face bro
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 12:36 AMPosted by ChuckNorris
If any one has any suggestions on what I could try out to get faster please let me know. What I have is highly optimized from months of testing but I know of few places that I can improve. Oh and I made a mistake on the run and ported to crater 1 instead of tower. that was not on purpose.

I'm nowhere near your level yet, so I may not be the best source for ideas (but I am at ~60M/hr and rising, so I may get there eventually!), but have you considered dropping the Inna's pants for Cain's Robes, then putting on some Fire Walkers? That's what I've done, and it's just kinda nice to be able to run through doors and obstacles without firing off Bears or popping your chicken.

The other, probably less promising, suggestion I have is to maaaaybe drop the Cain's set, get the Zuni set bonus going (you'd need radius gear to replace the TotD), then bring back Jaunt. The extra second of run time might be worth checking out. But probably not.

Oh and the final suggestion is to get some radius on your gloves and boots. You might as well since that Cain's stuff is nearly free. (Or have you hit the radius cap already?)

From watching your videos I can see that it's best to fire off SW, Stalker, and Chicken all at once rather than alternating. You get to the next mob faster, and by the time you're done with Bears all three are ready again. Nice!!
Edited by Jasonator#1483 on 11/13/2012 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
@ Jasonator, thanks I appreciate your suggestions however they are either impossible or a step back wards in terms of xp/h. In the second clip I posted I was actually using jaunt because of the decreased mana consumption of bears vs ac.

@Ryan I see you are also ignorant to the definition of the word ignorance. Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. I simply asked you a question, there is no need to get defensive.
Reply Quote
Hey Chuck, I've been using a similar build to do MP1's w/o cains. Since I switched over to cains set I've been running MP0.

Trash mobs I have no issues but with certain elites I'm having problem with resource management. They run and scatter so there's time when I go oom.

I recently swapped out bbv: rain dance for FA: ambush. Most elites get burst down in 2-3 seconds. But the ones that I can't take down quickly starts to scatter and that's when I get mana issues.

I'm open to any criticism or tips.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
View profile
@Recount your weapon sucks for speed runs. you might not b geared enough to make cains set worth while. But one thing you could do if u want to just go for xp is just not bother killing the last elite(s) of the packs that skatter since elites do not actually provide that much xp compared to trash. (something like 3-5x the xp of a white version for one monster)
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 10:03 AMPosted by ChuckNorris
@Recount your weapon sucks for speed runs. you might not b geared enough to make cains set worth while. But one thing you could do if u want to just go for xp is just not bother killing the last elite(s) of the packs that skatter since elites do not actually provide that much xp compared to trash. (something like 3-5x the xp of a white version for one monster)

Have you tried skipping elites?
Reply Quote
@chucknorris

I'll tweak my gear a little with what gold I have. I do have a decent black weapon lying around somewhere with no LS tho. I'll give that a try.

@jasonator

I only kill the main elite for NV. But I'll try to skip elites for a couple of runs and see how that goes.

Thanks a lot for the tips.
Reply Quote
I tried adding the cain set to the gear shown in my profile. That left me at 93k dps, 30k health, 450 res. My main problem was survivability. Felt like I couldn't run directly into groups to use angry chicken and soul harvest like I can without the cain's set. Spirit vessel was procing left, right, and center. What does your ehp look like with cain's?
Reply Quote
View profile
I havnt calculated my ehp with cains. Im sure the fact that im like 40+ lvls higher paragon makes a difference. Also I can see you are making a few big gearing mistakes but thats not something I want to talk about yet as im still buying bis gear for this setup myself.
Reply Quote
I would include Sacrifice (provoke the pack) and Circle of Life. It increases your dps and sacrificing the dogs would instantly kill any mobs that are left behind so you can keep going forward.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fVYXUd!TYZ!ccZZac
Reply Quote
View profile
I have tried col with sacrifice, it did not work with cains, the main problem was loosing the spirit vessel and dieing a lot. also it is slightly slower.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Jasonator

Have you tried skipping elites?

I was wondering if this would increase the EXP as well after you get 5 stacks, especially the elites that run away
Reply Quote
Max Exp for me is 45m/hours with ghost fire,bear,and cloud.But I'm pick up rare and spend time to ident it.In 1 hour normally have 3-4 rares that can sell.

Yes and 1-2 legendary which worth like junk.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 07:18 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
I havnt calculated my ehp with cains. Im sure the fact that im like 40+ lvls higher paragon makes a difference. Also I can see you are making a few big gearing mistakes but thats not something I want to talk about yet as im still buying bis gear for this setup myself.

If you could run it through a ehp calculator, that would be helpful. I'm aware of my gearing problems, but I only made this character last week and haven't had time to fully adjust from my wizard's gear.
Edited by Shelendil#1520 on 11/14/2012 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
OK I tried this run last night and I love it. Only difference from Chuck's build is I run Circle of Life with Sacrifice. I love how the dogs spread themselves out enabling you to kill stranglers without having to target them. Often Elites die instantly from one sacrifice.

I don't have Cain's set or Leorics signet so I'm missing about 60% bonus exp but I am still getting about 60M an hour. That's with picking up/IDing all 63s, jewelry and legendaries. So thanks for posting this!

I would include Sacrifice (provoke the pack) and Circle of Life. It increases your dps and sacrificing the dogs would instantly kill any mobs that are left behind so you can keep going forward.

Summon Zombie Dogs seems like a waste of a skill slot in this build. I run circle of life/sacrifice and its very rare that I want to use Sacrifice and don't have 3 dogs up just from killing trash so quickly. I'm much rather have Acid Cloud than Summon.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Shadrak
Summon Zombie Dogs seems like a waste of a skill slot in this build. I run circle of life/sacrifice and its very rare that I want to use Sacrifice and don't have 3 dogs up just from killing trash so quickly. I'm much rather have Acid Cloud than Summon.

I would like to do this but I don't think I have enough passive slots. Gruesome Feast keeps me far above the 20% bonus damage mark while I'm running, Grave Injustice is impossible to part with of course, and I don't have the survivability to drop Spirit Vessel.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Jasonator

I would like to do this but I don't think I have enough passive slots. Gruesome Feast keeps me far above the 20% bonus damage mark while I'm running, Grave Injustice is impossible to part with of course, and I don't have the survivability to drop Spirit Vessel.

I would very much recommend you give Circle of Life a try instead of Spirit Vessel. I find having the 3 dogs around boosted my survivability massively. I virtually never die through MP5 and I have pretty low HP/resists.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Shadrak

I would very much recommend you give Circle of Life a try instead of Spirit Vessel. I find having the 3 dogs around boosted my survivability massively. I virtually never die through MP5 and I have pretty low HP/resists.

I'm specifically talking about speed farming at MP0 though. With my gimped Cain's set I really need the survivability that Vessel adds.
Reply Quote
OK I tried this run last night and I love it. Only difference from Chuck's build is I run Circle of Life with Sacrifice. I love how the dogs spread themselves out enabling you to kill stranglers without having to target them. Often Elites die instantly from one sacrifice.

I don't have Cain's set or Leorics signet so I'm missing about 60% bonus exp but I am still getting about 60M an hour. That's with picking up/IDing all 63s, jewelry and legendaries. So thanks for posting this!

This is brilliant; going to ditch dogs and keep sacrifice and bring back Gary.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]