Diablo® III

Critique. The WD above you: 4 things cont'd

@ Nemmz

1. I'd get a tals relentless persuit
2. upgrade your vial ward (its pretty cheap now)
3. Probably get a inna's temperance for legs (lose a bit of resist/mf) but the dps increase makes it worthwhile
Reply Quote
@Nemmz

1. weapon needs a socket
2. try saving up for better gems
3. get a hellfire
4. try getting 24% movespeed so you can farm faster
Edited by Robertzombie#1277 on 11/13/2012 5:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
@scix

1) 7/10
2) Decent build but I never have been a fan of PtV / fetish passives. PtV is great for lower MP levels... but for upper MP levels where mana is a large issue it feels more resticting. Also you are running AC with little to low LoH. Since you are running LS weapon... why not switch to bears for higher dps?
3) Your Tal's chest is great for wizards but less for WD's. I would switch it out with a good zuni chest. (180+int, 200+vit). That will give you the 75-80 AR from the chest + another 55 from the set bonus. That 135 AR will be nice for your eHP. You should also be able to find a better TotD for cheap (225+ avg dmg, high int, vit or life roll). I picked mine up for 20 mil.
4) Nice knife.

@Robertzombie

1) 8/10
2) I like the build. Wonder how long you can spam bears with PtV on upper MP levels even with ZB reduction gear (only 11 mana reduction)
3) Gear all looks pretty good except you are running with a little low armour / life. Leads me to believe that MP7+ might be difficult for ya. I also think your dps in your profile is buffed dps since that doesn't add up correctly. Looks like only 96k unbuffed dps, so that could go up a bit too.
4) Love your Tal's ammy.
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 11/13/2012 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
ofgortens:

1) 7/10

2) Seems like a high MP build (Widowmakers & VQ). Does Grave Injustice really help you that much against elites (besides illusionists)? What if you replaced it with, say, Spirit Vessel or Jungle Fortitude?

3) My opinion is that you should replace Tasker & Theo with a good CC/CD pair of gloves. After all, we WDs care a lot more about flat damage than attack speed.

4) The knife

Comment on my alive WD please... I can't really help my dead WD now can I? :)
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 11/13/2012 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

@Robertzombie

1) 8/10
2) I like the build. Wonder how long you can spam bears with PtV on upper MP levels even with ZB reduction gear (only 11 mana reduction)
3) Gear all looks pretty good except you are running with a little low armour / life. Leads me to believe that MP7+ might be difficult for ya. I also think your dps in your profile is buffed dps since that doesn't add up correctly. Looks like only 96k unbuffed dps, so that could go up a bit too.
4) Love your Tal's ammy.

I do 10 fine but prefer 8, while 7 is cake thanks to sojs insane invisible damage boost + LS , and I can spam bears if I alternate with widow spiders no problem :D

my unbuffed is 150 no ptv
Edited by Robertzombie#1277 on 11/13/2012 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
2) Seems like a high MP build (Widowmakers & VQ). Does Grave Injustice really help you that much against elites (besides illusionists)? What if you replaced it with, say, Spirit Vessel or Jungle Fortitude?

3) My opinion is that you should replace Tasker & Theo with a good CC/CD pair of gloves. After all, we WDs care a lot more about flat damage than attack speed.

The build is for MP6-7 speed runs since my bears still kill all the trash mobs in 1-2 casts. The GI is just to move from mob to mob seemlessly since SW / SH will refresh on every mob. Almost doubles my run times. Spirit Vessel is passive for pansies that need 2 chances to die. I just avoid death. Jungle Fortitude is another passive that just means your armour / AR isn't good enough. I survive just fine on all MP levels without those so no need to waste a perfectly good passive.

The reason I have Tasker and Theo is that I goaled myself to only have legendary / set items. The pair of Tasker that I have is the best legendary pair I could find.
Reply Quote
@ Ofgortens:

1) armor on Zuni Marrow

2) armor on Zuni Trail

3) Poison damage on Tal Rasha (sooo hard to find for a reasonable price with that, CC, CD, and Avg Damage)

4) Great life, and I love all the mana regen passives!
Reply Quote
Hopefully some new people pop in here. I have noticed a lot of criticism of Pierce the Veil. My logic is that the extra damage will be worth the lessened casts; it is tough to stand still and spam bears for long anyway, therefore, I am trying to get the most damage I can in short bursts before a nasty elite skill opens under my feet. At the moment, I have around 3-4 seconds of spam before I have to to reposition and frog for a while. I am open to hear more experienced takes on this though. Are the regen passives really worth the damage trade off? Which one do you guys prefer, and why?
Edited by EddardStark#1833 on 11/13/2012 7:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
@EddardStark

1) 7/10
2) Read below. I would get rid of zombie handler unless you have a 0 cd dog build.
3) You need more AR. A balance between life/AR/armour is best. Your armour can be lowered to get you some AR instead which would give you better damage mitigation overall. I aim for 3750-4k armour, 650 AR, and 55k+ health for best balance.
4) Love the knife.

11/13/2012 07:23 AMPosted by EddardStark
Are the regen passives really worth the damage trade off? Which one do you guys prefer, and why?

Blood Ritual is the no brainer #1 for mana regen passive. It auto takes 15% reduction + gives you a nice life / second boost. That means if you have 1.7 attack speed (like me) and use bears as your primary... 140*1.7 = 238 mana / second for bear casts. 15% of that is 35.7 which basically adds 36 mana / sec + gives me 1% (~600 life / sec). This helps with RD mobs and just nice to have.

My 2nd is opted for Vision Quest + WidowMakers for upper MP levels. This just allows a very high spam rate for bears. VQ depends a lot on your base regen though since it is a % off that. So I have 45+11+8+20= 84 mana / sec. With VQ on I get another 25 mana / sec + the mana return from the spiders hitting.

RushOfEssence is a great one if you use a WoS / Haunt build. Since it stacks for each cast, you can get some really high mana / sec values... but it takes a little bit to 'prime the pump' so to speak on RoE which is annoying to me. Mana / sec fluctuates heavily with RoE since it's dependant on the last 10 sec of casting a number of spells. If you are sitting in a corner casting WoS all day it is great though since you can get 17 WoS off in 10 sec and be generating 85.5 mana / sec theoretically (if you dont go OOM with 1.7 attack speed and having SW / SH on active)

SA is the other option which for me has the worst effect. It boosts my max mana up to 1100 but only adds 11 mana / sec. SA is good if you want a little extra boost without having to deal with a primary for procing VQ.

11/13/2012 06:20 AMPosted by EddardStark
3) Poison damage on Tal Rasha (sooo hard to find for a reasonable price with that, CC, CD, and Avg Damage)

Think you need to do a little research on +% as elemental damage. It doesn't matter what damage I have on my tal's ammy... it will calculate the added damage based off my physical (black) damage. It then takes into account all damage multipliers and puts that on paper dps. That is then transferred all over to poison damage when I launch my bears anyways because it transfers your damage over as Poison.
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 11/13/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
I feel like a total noob compared to you guys! Where should I go from here?
Reply Quote
@EddardStark
1. 9/10
2. If you are running high MP's, Spririt Vessel might be worth a shot
3. Your gear is already top notch. The only thing i see missing is 1.5% CC upgrade on helm and rings.
4. I would love to have your Viles.

My reasoning for not using PtV tha my build relies on LS and I can stand still and spam bears at MP8+. I normally die when I OOM since I cannot leach of HP. W/out PtV and with the right conditions I can spam bears 2+ minutes. PtV i can only spam bears < 1min.

@ Ilendil
1. 7/10
2. Try Spirit Walk fo the O $#@^ moments
3. Upgrading gems do make a diff. Also maybe Viles w/ Vit will help
4. Nice Blacktornes.
Edited by Jeromakazi#1687 on 11/13/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sup with my WD??, more cd??
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Arcani
Sup with my WD??, more cd??

Hard to know when you dont give us a profile to look at.
Reply Quote
@ Eddardstark:

Pierce the Veil: A lot of people don't like it. It boils down to your play-style. You said it does more damage but fewer casts. That's it essentially. IMO, I love it. I have a lot of mana regen w/o Zunamassa set and it still works. I use corpse spiders w/ mana regen to fill those few moments your out of mana. I also think that you might need to change your build when either in a party or more importantly fighting a different MP level. If you are trying to get the most damage in short burst stick with PTV.

1: You have a great setup.

2: Consider Inna's Temparance for Pants. attack Spd. and 1.0 Cr Chance.

3: Gems could be upgraded

4: Vile ward can get you another 50 or more intellegence
Reply Quote
Arcani.
You need to give a critique to get one.
Reply Quote
@Arcani: can't see your D3 profile

@Jeromakazi: I realy don't know enough to comment on yours. Way better than mine. How do you find the Skorn? I got one on my Wiz I could transfer.

Anyone got a critic for me?
Reply Quote
@Jeromakazi
1. 8/10
2. I'd change the SH rune to Vengeful Spirit with your DPS, and I don't see much benefit in gaining 40 mana per soul harvested since it doesn't seem worth it to me.
3. Great gear, the weakest looks like your Bracers with 4.5% crit and no resists.
4. Your Skorn, I wants it.

I'm not sure I see the benefit of using both WoS and Bears.

------

I usually use Lob Blob in my build instead of Acid Rain
Edited by Hex#1283 on 11/13/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Hex

Umm,

1. Speed?
2. Zum set need armor
3. Hmm, still i prefer offhand, instead of 2hand.
4. Not much to comment. Different style playing me think
Reply Quote
sht sorry, don't know wtf i'm do'n lol, can see it now?? my D3 profile/WD??
Edited by Arcani#1430 on 11/13/2012 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Arcani

I would get some better bracers

I am envious of your witching hour and helfire ring though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]