Diablo® III

Critique. The WD above you: 4 things cont'd

@Demon:

1) Zuni Pox or a SoJ to replace the rare ring. Sadly both will cost quite a bit for a good example.
2) More pick up radius would be helpful, though not of great importance.
3) I'm just not a fan of horrify, so this is more play style oriented. the DPS boost of soul harvest is just hard for me to pass up.
4) Doesn't look like you have the Armor/AR rating to get into a net positive side with "just" 3% life steal. A good dose of LoH and Armor/AR should bring your tankability up.
Reply Quote
From the orinal thread.

1. Rate the WD above you (1-10)
2. Make a build recommendation
3. Suggest a piece of gear to upgrade
4. Name your favorite piece of gear
Reply Quote
@Sparda: solid build but you could really use some move speed!
Reply Quote
@sparda:

I like what you started with. But I think a lot of your gear can move around. Maybe try getting a better MH to start. I think you can find a lot more DPS coming from a better MH, soemthing with a +int roll, CD, and open socket. YOu can simply swap it with an EF, and you will notice a huge gain.

I like that you didn't go the legendary route with your gear, but some solid rares.

With your spec, I wonder if you need the lifesteal from the dogs, or if it is just comfort. You have a good LOH on your weapon, and I am not sure that you need it from the dogs. If you dont, try switching out the dogs to garg, I find him to be a better tank for elite fights. Or if you want to keep the dogs, maybe try sacrifice? Also, spirit Vessel, not sure how much you actually die, or how much you use this, but maybe try something else. If it isn't triggering all the time, you might get more use out of something different.

I would just experiment with him more. Seems like a lot of your spec is filling gaps in your gear (mana regen rune on spirit walk, spirit vessel, etc...). If you upgrade some of that into your gear, you might be able to change your spec to pump out more dps.
Reply Quote
Looks like I was slow to post, so here is another:

@Shadrak

I don't know what MP you are hanging at, but I am worried that you will have mana issues. I would say your weakest link is Low HP and low resists. WIth a high DPS, you can make up for a lot of that, but in a really high MP, you need to have some cushion, especially if you are getting upclose to mobs for Bears.

For gear, I would say add more PUR, maybe try a 1h/OS. Running the passives you have, all are based off of PUR, you only are adding 6. You might notice a HUGE imporovement once you pass 20+
Edited by ChefTed#1568 on 11/13/2012 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Demon lets try this again now that i'm edumicated

1) 8/10.
2) I'm just not a fan of horrify, so this is more play style oriented. the DPS boost of soul harvest is just hard for me to pass up.
3) Zuni Pox or a SoJ to replace the rare ring. Sadly both will cost quite a bit for a good example.
4) That carving knife is a hell of a thing.
Reply Quote
Looks like I was slow to post, so here is another:

@Shadrak

I don't know what MP you are hanging at, but I am worried that you will have mana issues. I would say your weakest link is Low HP and low resists. WIth a high DPS, you can make up for a lot of that, but in a really high MP, you need to have some cushion, especially if you are getting upclose to mobs for Bears.

For gear, I would say add more PUR, maybe try a 1h/OS. Running the passives you have, all are based off of PUR, you only are adding 6. You might notice a HUGE imporovement once you pass 20+

Thanks for the advice. I farm 4 or 5 usually. I actually have 15 PUR (lacunis+zuni chest). Don't have any mana issues up to 5, but if I go 6+ I start to go OOM. Circle of life giving me a constant stream of dogs is what enables me to run low HP (I pretty much never die up through MP 5). I definitely have to switch out skills on 6+ but I only use that for Key farming and Ubers.
Edited by Shadrak#1236 on 11/13/2012 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
@shadrak : i will work on the movespeed, starting to feel it too...

@chefted : i dont know why, but i would die sometimes in mp5, you are correct, spirit vessel and leech dogs is for comfort.. i will try to experiment further to expand my skillset.. and improve this and that on my equipment.. kinda low on gold >.<

thanks to the both of you for your feedbacks...

@shadrak and chefted , the both of you seem to know what you are doing... continue on.. the both of you are well on your way..
Edited by Sparda#6544 on 11/13/2012 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Sparda

1. 9/10. You can always improve.
2. Awesome gear with high armor and DPS (drool). You can add more HP and resist.
3. Why remove SA and replace it with another passive that will benefit you more, but this mainly depends on how you play :)
4. Nice Zuni SoS.
Reply Quote
@ bottle

1) 9/10

2)Your build looks great I think I might try it out myself

3) I cant see much to upgrade unless you want to give me some of your items.

4) I really like your weapon

I am doing this to get rated. I just came back last week from a couple month absense and I am having fun again. I would like some ideas and input. I know most of my equipment sucks but I am poor.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 02:26 PMPosted by GahWtf
@ bottle

who? LoL
Reply Quote
@Xoniuqe : thx for the advice, in order for me to get more resist without disturbing other stats is pricey.. but yeah, i will get there... i think..

@Xoniuqe :

9/10
you need a lil bit more armor prolly get around 4-4.5k u'll be unstoppable (i usually feel vulnerable when i have less than 5k armor).. other than that, you're good to go...
Reply Quote
I got skipped. If any WD vets could rate me...I would appreciate it.

@Sparda
Solid build I give it 9/10

1. 9/10
2. Did not like Zombie dogs. They seem to die fairly quickly in MP4 and 5 when I use them. YMMV
3. A Mempo with int, vit, crit and AR would be a sweet upgrade
4. Sick Witching Hour
Reply Quote
@animal mother
1) 8/10
2) I'd drop rain of toads and VQ and add LS+ROE and bruiser
3) get a pox for the set bonus
4) Marrow
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Xoniuqe
@ bottle

who? LoL

Whoops he was from the first page

@animalmother

1) 8/10

2) I would add soul harvest. I would also get rid of vision quest. With the amount of mana regen you have you probably wont even notice. Add blood ritual instead.

3)you equipment looks great I wish I had half your money.

4)I really like your ammy.
Reply Quote
@GahWtf

1) Think about increasing all your gear with CD and CC. Once you find good CD and CC gear on the AH or in the Field then look at the other stats to flesh out the gear to your preference.
2) Think about getting gear with more All Resist on them. This helps quite a bit to reduce damage when Elites are having you over for lunch.
3) When you pick out gear try to get gear with sockets. The socketed items will cost more depending upon what the socket roll takes the place of in a normal item roll but it will be worth it in the long run.
4) Replace the Pandamonium with a better ring with CD, CC, Int, All Resist, LoH that sorta thing.

Think about getting rid of poison dart. I used to use it as well until someone mentioned to me Acid Rain... I'm using Acid Rain now and loving it. If you swap out to Acid Rain you may want to ditch Vision Quest for something like Blood Ritual.
Reply Quote
@Ratero
1) 7/10
2) If this is a higher MP build I'd drop dogs and handler/fortitude for bad medicine
3) Pox/Trails for the set bonus
4) witching hour
Reply Quote
@Jimbob
1)holy
2)&^&*
3) your hellfire could bet better.
4) iwonder if that helmet looks cool ingame.
Reply Quote
@Jimbob
1) 8/10
2) Try to have more intell and mana on your gear
3)I really dont like your weap, take Manajuma's Carving knife with socket for the 3% Life steal and moar crit.
4) your lacuni bracer :o
Reply Quote
@ratero

1. 8.5/10
2. good dps, good total armor, needs more all ress
3. dont see the point of the frog if youre not using gruesome feast
4. your knife

@jimbob
1. 8/10
2. good dps, i dont see the point of rush essence when u are using 4 zuni...
3. give spirit attunement a try
4. your zuni SoS

@classfaction
1. 8/10
2. nice dps and total armor, excellent choice of mana generators
3. hex to slam dance vodoo maybe..
4. your frog

@animalmother

thank you for your advice, i will test gargantuan as soon as the server is back online
Edited by Sparda#6544 on 11/13/2012 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]