Diablo® III

Dps Mark for every MP

can someone state me your opinion on the minimum dps mark for every mp? starting from mp0.. and please convert the dps to 1.40 atkspeed (you know how to do the math right?)

ADVANCE THANKS AND PEACE!!
Reply Quote
This is just very hard to put a number on. I like to go for high speed xp runs. With passives like Gruesome and GI its nice when it goes really fast. I can do up to mp 3-4 and constantly maintain 280K+ dps. If I go higher my buffs will decrease in effectivity. I can walk around in mp7-8 with my gear, but I would probably change my build and passives, making it a lot slower.

Generally speaking I would say a good minimum is something like 70+25*MP K dps.
Edited by Chewing#1625 on 11/13/2012 2:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
As the above poster said, its hard to put a number on this. I found that playing a WD (compared to a DH) is that dps is misleading in determining how much damage you put out. My approach was effectively increasing damage/mana point spent which is why I use a 2 hander and I dont use any IAS to increase my dps.

Just comparing to my DH, I farm faster with an 85kdps WD than a 150kdps DH.

A general rule that I used is find the breaking point i.e. if you farm mp3 in the same time as mp1 but slows down at mp4, then mp3 is your baseline. I aim to add 25% dps before advancing.

Also, attack speed is taken into account for dps, so not sure what you mean by 'convert'.
Reply Quote
Im honestly curious about this. I have OK gear, just came back after a long break, I only run around 80k dps but I farm act 3 mp7 with only a couple deaths usually. I guess that this is in regard to efficiency? Im trying to figure out where I can improve gear wise myself, but am having trouble without spending a crap ton of money.
Reply Quote
It's not so much DPS mark as it is about survivability. I have 55k DPS and can tank MP8 fine.
Reply Quote
ok, thank you mojo, I survive very well myself, but was feeling ashamed looking at some of these profiles with 150k dps haha.
Reply Quote
well DPS is also survivability in a way, with LS and how fast you kill them
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Robertzombie
well DPS is also survivability in a way, with LS and how fast you kill them

True, if you can survive with high DPS using LS, then great. But if you got 150k DPS but can't survive an elite pack on MP7+, your DPS means Jack and sh!t, and Jack left town.
Reply Quote
Regardless of what you want your DPS to be, try and avoid the Attack Speed stat since for us WD's it means running out of Mana fast. I do just fine with a couple of deaths in MP5-6.
Reply Quote
When my profile finally updates I'll be at 110k dps/50.9k hp. And no attack speed...it's all int/CC/CD.

I run 1,724 LoH and 882 life regen.

I still don't like going above mp5.
Edited by Anjinsan#1427 on 11/13/2012 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can handle mp8 pretty handily.

75k Life
225k dps (buffed)
2900 LoH

Very little IAS (only my witching hour which has a perfect CD roll as well as all res).
Reply Quote

But if you got 150k DPS but can't survive an elite pack on MP7+, your DPS means Jack and sh!t, and Jack left town.

But why do you even need to survive on MP7+? What's the point? Farming Ubers? Doing key runs? Who cares. Once you've done it, gotten a hellfire ring, that's it.

You don't farm MP7+ because it will never be as efficient as low MP level speed farming, and once you have a single ring for farming, it becomes a pointless waste of time.

I guess if you just want to do it for fun, all the power to you? I'd much rather have sh!t survivability with 150k DPS and speed farm for legendary items (GOLD) and Paragon XP. I fail to see the motivation in developing your character to be able to skim by on max MP levels where there is little to no gains.

Just so you can do it?! Cool....I guess?
Reply Quote
I cannot believe you tank mp8 fine with that build. It must take hours to get anywhere.
Reply Quote
I'm 81k base DPS WD and I farm act 3 mp4 efficiently. I rarely die and blaze through it.
Reply Quote
Im at about 100k dps and I timed a few a2 and a3 key runs at mp5 and they took must just over 9 minutes. I am not sure if that is fast or not but it felt pretty good. I would also throw in any other packs I ran across while looking for the warden.
Reply Quote
When i drop PTV i sit aroudn 135k damage.

I can do MP 10, however it is no where near efficient. I die often, and it takes forever to kill things. However, i CAN do it.

MP 8 is pretty easy with few deaths.

With my higher MP gear, i sit around 950 resists 3700 armor and 52k hp (with 135k damage).

So IDK, you could do MP 10 with 50k damage if you have the right LOH and resists, but its gonna take forever to kill stuff. even qwith 135k + GF/SH buffs, its still painfully slow.
Reply Quote
<- MP8, usually a pack or two that will cause me some trouble but besides that I am pretty solid.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:15 PMPosted by xXMundzukXx
I guess if you just want to do it for fun, all the power to you? I'd much rather have sh!t survivability with 150k DPS and speed farm for legendary items (GOLD) and Paragon XP. I fail to see the motivation in developing your character to be able to skim by on max MP levels where there is little to no gains.

Well unless you found that 1 ring with crazy good rolls on it, most people need to make more than 1 hellfire ring. I have 10 rings now and still haven't made one with decent stats (INT/VIT/CC, etc.) Plus higher MP's increase your magic find which helps a lot with legendary drops. I have found that I have crappy luck getting legends to drop in MP 5-7 whereas 8 I get them to drop 1-3 pieces every run typically. Also I like the challenge of gearing my character out to survive any situation. Some people like to speed farm and get paragon levels, others (like me) like more challenging game play and loot drops.

11/13/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Heydeeohred
I cannot believe you tank mp8 fine with that build. It must take hours to get anywhere.

You obviously aren't familiar with the C4dogs or 0 dogs build are you? I may only have 55k DPS but with 5 stacks of GF and 5x SH, I'm buffed to around 120k or so. Plus when you sac the dogs, they do AOE damage in a 12 yard radius per dog, x4 dogs, with crits around 300-400k, it makes it pretty easy to get through trash in MP 8. Packs cause more time of course, but with Hex or Paranoia, it's a lot more manageable.

I actually feel I'm ready for MP 9 ubers but haven't found anyone to group with that feel confident enough to try it :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]