Diablo® III

To you UBER high DPS Monks

Hey guys, I've played the Monk pretty much as my main and only class since the game was released (minus a short period in the beginning when I made a DH to gold find, it's been retired for months now).

And I still can't understand how some claim to have these insane amount of DPS w/o buffs.
I would like to ask you fellow Monks, just how do you guys/gals do it?
I examined the gears some of you wear and stuff, but nothing seems drastically different.
Is it due to my weapon's damage? I mean my Echo may have low damage but it has a built in 97% with the additional Emerald socketed in (making it 197% Crit dmg).
Atm if you check my profile, it shows a lower DPS then usual thanks to the maintenance so I can't swap out my DPS gears, but it's around 125k-131k at best w/o buffs.
It only gets to around 250k with full buffs but that's AFTER going all out!

So what's the way you guys go to dish out 160-180+ DPS w/o buffs?
With my normal gears, I have on avg 2300-2400 dex, 42 crit chance, 530 crit dmg, and the current weapons you see, so what's the deal?

(my friend says that some just give themselves a full buff, and log out immediately and claim they're not buffed, but that can't be the real reason for all of them, right?)
Edited by Boomie#1415 on 11/13/2012 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just get gear like this guys

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jco310-1218/hero/10229623

He has 150k unbuffed, and 100k health and huge resist / loh / life steal etc.

That's how you get there, is crazy insane unreal gear.
Reply Quote
I took a look at your gear and your weapons are very nice and not the problems. The two things that shoot out at me are that you need to increase your dex and cc if u want to break 150k dps. One quick way you could pick up a lot of cc is to get the two set nat (boots and ring with cc base). This will cost you a small fortune but with your cd it will likely up your dps by almost 20k.

Other than that, you'll see that the people with 150k+ have more perfect rolls in their gear than u do (such as the cc in your amulet is only 6.5) which will cost a lot for small improvements.
Reply Quote
i think a little more cc and 100-200 more dex you will be 150k
Reply Quote
The easiest cheapest upgrade I see for you on your way up there is your Inna's Radiance. Both of the random rolls for that are junk imo and you can get a lot higher dex roll. This may be a good place to shift more resist so that you can shift out of that in other slots, like your amulet would be my other suggestion, look for added average damage modifier.

Generally, if you're happy with your other gear or if it's too complex to tetris out and reblance your gear (I know, opposite situations leading to same suggestion), I would suggest saving for weapon upgrades. Another option, if the paper doll DPS is important, I get the impressions Skorn is really good for boosting that.
Reply Quote
Check my profile it's not update 194k dps unbuff w/638 all res and 35k HP 2.9 LS
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/veightkiller-1722/Eng/21948802
Reply Quote
If you are seeking unbuffed DPS, check out diabloprogress. Quite a few extremely high DPS monks (last I checked top monk has 360K DPS) listed. You will see their gear and will have a much better idea of what gear you would need to acquire if you are seeking 200K++ DPS.
Reply Quote
dps is epeen for the insecures. if its not coupled with aspd, ehp and sustain, then chances are you are a) bad player b) nerd kid with inferiority complex c) nerd adult who buys at rmah with the combination of a and b <<-- aboslutely the worst kind.

i see some monks considered "top" (because i dont consider them as such) with insane gears that dont match their elite kills.

my suggestion is have a "feel" for your game. if you for example kite too much to be efficient, concentrate on your ehp. if you can stand in front of elites most of the time and still feels too long to kill, then by all means dps. if you move as slow as hell from pack to packs, then go for movement speed. your playstyle must dictate your gear not what other people wear or how much paper stats you have.
Reply Quote

i see some monks considered "top" (because i dont consider them as such) with insane gears that dont match their elite kills.

like me? oh wait, i play AH flip more than i play the real game. so maybe thats why my "elite kills dont match my gear" (not saying my gear is insane like others but its above average for my elite kills)

theres more than one way to get good gear without the spending cash. crawl out of your hole and realize the only way to make gold isnt incredible amounts of farming.

for instance, one market i used to play was buying cheap gem plans on GAH (200k) and flipping them on RHAM for $1-2 then rebuying the gold - therefor tripling (or more than tripling) my gold in just a couple hours. This market doesnt work efficiently any more which is why i am sharing it, but there are others now. Just have to take the time to find them.

I always find it funny when people with 40k elite kills have worse gear than i do and claim that the gear level is unachievable without spending money.

its all about the AH. u can have 100k elite kills and not have jack for gear if you dont play the AH.

wise up and quit being so damn ignorant.
Reply Quote
Just get gear like this guys

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jco310-1218/hero/10229623

He has 150k unbuffed, and 100k health and huge resist / loh / life steal etc.

That's how you get there, is crazy insane unreal gear.

HOLY SH!T!! WOW!! I do not think I have ever seen a better profile. How that guy achieved those numbers are insane!! And with a shield no less! Normally when you go for more DPS you lose EHP, this is insane that he has broken 100k dps and 100k health.

Best profile yet.
Reply Quote
dps is epeen for the insecures. if its not coupled with aspd, ehp and sustain, then chances are you are a) bad player b) nerd kid with inferiority complex c) nerd adult who buys at rmah with the combination of a and b <<-- aboslutely the worst kind.

my suggestion is have a "feel" for your game.

The first half of your paragraph wasn't really necessary.

And the purpose of my thread isn't that I don't have a good feel for my char's play style (after half a year, we all kinda have a good feel for it by now), I'm just trying to see how to increase my DPS w/o losing much resist/def/hp so that I may join my buddies (barbs) in MP9-10; currently 8 is a bit tough, but do-able. I just want to know how to reach the next stage in DPS output so I can try MP9-10 w/o too much deaths.
Reply Quote
like me? oh wait, i play AH flip more than i play the real game. so maybe thats why my "elite kills dont match my gear" (not saying my gear is insane like others but its above average for my elite kills)

@Tarzan

Oh hi butthurt citizen. You know what's funnier thou? Admitting to everyone you flip more than you game... on a game! Don't you think that I don't flip because I choose not to? Not because I don't know how to? It's called principle something you obviously lack with your criminal mentality. If blizzard would implement a banner above your head that says your accounts greatest achievement. Mine would be the elite kills which for some reason you think is humiliating (lol) and yours would be AH Flipper. Who do you think would end up with his head held up high? Exactly. Now after I humiliated you on public for what you TRULY are all you can do is.... cry. Or try to flip it so you won't.
Reply Quote
[/quote] The first half of your paragraph wasn't really necessary. [/quote]

sorry OP just stating my opinion but I get your point.

on topic, the trick is in the details. You have the basic idea based on your equipment but you just need to bump it up. Bump your weapon damage. Add more cc, cd and add average damage on your ammy or aspd. Try looking at the AH and link it for yourself. Then go in game and check the gains in the dps department. That would give you an idea which stat gives you "more"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]