Diablo® III

MP10 farmin' BUILD; gear & guide. UPDATED^2

Reply Quote
You could have just said this is a high LOH build and just posted your build link =D
Reply Quote
that would of been less informative, and peolple generally think that bear spec blows other specs dmg out of the water when in actuality that is not really the case.
Reply Quote
just gave bruiser garg rune a try seems they fixed the animation perhaps; and seems like a viable option now
Reply Quote
I think WD only need bear. Use > 5% life steal, you can tank almost everything up to MP8. With > 1000 LoH, also use acid rain. Then use both jungle fortitude and bad medicine, you can tank almost everything up to mp10. Also you have the highest damage and shortest killing time because your damage skills are bear and acid cloud.

If you want tank MP9/10, you need > 5% life steal and >1000 Loh, use bear, acid rain and horrify (adding armor rune), then use both jungle fortitude and bad medicine, then you can fully tank mp10. Of course you need high mana regenerate, preferable 45+20+10 = 75 for 2 hand, use widow maker to restore mana.
Reply Quote
If you want tank MP9/10, you need > 5% life steal and >1000 Loh, use bear, acid rain and horrify (adding armor rune), then use both jungle fortitude and bad medicine, then you can fully tank mp10. Of course you need high mana regenerate, preferable 45+20+10 = 75 for 2 hand, use widow maker to restore mana.

Or use a 0 dogs build like mine. I can tank MP 9-10 just fine with 0 LS and 0 LoH.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 08:57 AMPosted by enigma
that would of been less informative, and peolple generally think that bear spec blows other specs dmg out of the water when in actuality that is not really the case.

So how long does it actually take you to kill an elite? You said you got 5 in about an hour, but that's not really that great considering I have 1/3 of your DPS and can take out an MP10 elite in 3-5 minutes depending on affixes. I just ran a 5 stack MP10 key run and it took 30 minutes.

I'm not trying to be difficult, just wondering why you say this build can match bear damage when I do not see that as the case at all.
Reply Quote
Posted by enigma

So how long does it actually take you to kill an elite? You said you got 5 in about an hour, but that's not really that great considering I have 1/3 of your DPS and can take out an MP10 elite in 3-5 minutes depending on affixes. I just ran a 5 stack MP10 key run and it took 30 minutes.

I'm not trying to be difficult, just wondering why you say this build can match bear damage when I do not see that as the case at all.

I agree with Zoid. Acid rain takes a lot longer to kill elites than bears any day of the week with any gearing. The only exception I would say is if you stack major +crit acid affix. I agree with OP that you can survive very well with sufficient LOH, but out damaging bears with Single Target damage.... not so much.
Reply Quote

in 50 minutes I killed 1 elite, and got 5 down to ~5% on with one left standing of the pack, as well as cleared all white mobs around the elites and in stonefort, and got KW to 5%... A fair bit of stuff to do! I can kill a elite in mp10 w.o extra health and without shielding usually in less then 2 minutes.

edit- Also, I am typically not playing in a rush; and I prefer not to (why I rerolled from barb). There was easily 10 minutes in there of me getting down on my wake and bake, along with the time spent advertising the run in trade/general.
Edited by enigma#1886 on 11/14/2012 1:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posted by enigma

I agree with Zoid. Acid rain takes a lot longer to kill elites than bears any day of the week with any gearing. The only exception I would say is if you stack major +crit acid affix. I agree with OP that you can survive very well with sufficient LOH, but out damaging bears with Single Target damage.... not so much.

Read over the % weapon damage out per second section, and if you can accept the idea that althought your crits wont be as e-peen-stiffening, you will be putting out more damage per unit of time, then you should be quite satisfied with the damage output.

11/14/2012 09:40 AMPosted by badmojo101

Or use a 0 dogs build like mine. I can tank MP 9-10 just fine with 0 LS and 0 LoH.

I made a witch doctor because I wanted to make a pet build, I have not investigated builds that do not use pets because it's not what I'm personally interested in.
Edited by enigma#1886 on 11/14/2012 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Reply Quote

Read over the % weapon damage out per second section, and if you can accept the idea that althought your crits wont be as e-peen-stiffening, you will be putting out more damage per unit of time, then you should be quite satisfied with the damage output.

11/14/2012 09:40 AMPosted by badmojo101

I made a witch doctor because I wanted to make a pet build, I have not investigated builds that do not use pets because it's not what I'm personally interested in.

I think by "0 dog", he mean 0 sec cool down dog, not "not use dog".
Reply Quote

in 50 minutes I killed 1 elite, and got 5 down to ~5% on with one left standing of the pack, as well as cleared all white mobs around the elites and in stonefort, and got KW to 5%... A fair bit of stuff to do! I can kill a elite in mp10 w.o extra health and without shielding usually in less then 2 minutes.

For perspective, I just soloed MP10 A3 out of boredom and got a key in 15 minutes. I'm certain it can be done faster, but I'll have to buy another SoJ to see how much so.

That's still not fast enough to hold up against MP8 for strictly key farming.
Edited by MartinAlvito#1712 on 11/14/2012 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote

For perspective, I just soloed MP10 A3 out of boredom and got a key in 15 minutes. I'm certain it can be done faster, but I'll have to buy another SoJ to see how much so.

That's still not fast enough to hold up against MP8 for strictly key farming.
\
I think it is up to the player what is fast enough, and I obviously could have improved speed by just killing the elites not getting them to 5% and luring them to waypoints; and I already stated I was not rushing (could have skipped white mobs, could have not accidentally killed 6th elite, could have not stopped to smoke in the middle)... so not sure what you're getting at here exactly.

And IMHO your build is complete crap. Horrify and soul harvest are wasted skills, the latter especially when you are starting with 3000+ int... But to each his own I am not claiming my build is the best, but I'd be willing to bet it competed with yours on damage per second if we had a dps meter running, if not beat it.
Edited by enigma#1886 on 11/14/2012 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

I think by "0 dog", he mean 0 sec cool down dog, not "not use dog".

I dont like sacrifice builds either, would lose my 13% crit to acid cloud and you have to wait for the dogs to approach the target if not in melee range, they dont always approach the ideal target, you lose the healing back from leaching beasts. ..... as already said though to each his own play the build you like, just suggesting one to try if you are struggling in high MP levels
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 03:20 PMPosted by enigma
And IMHO your build is complete crap. Horrify and soul harvest are wasted skills, the latter especially when you are starting with 3000+ int... But to each his own I am not claiming my build is the best, but I'd be willing to bet it competed with yours on damage per second if we had a dps meter running, if not beat it.

Are you killing at least two elite packs a minute and all the trash in the middle MPs? I seriously doubt it.

And here's the part that'll really blow your mind: in MP10, I change very little and still generate the results above.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 03:33 PMPosted by MartinAlvito

Are you killing at least two elite packs a minute and all the trash in the middle MPs? I seriously doubt it.

And here's the part that'll really blow your mind: in MP10, I change very little and still generate the results above.

In the middle MP's? Like Mp4-mp8 I can 3 shot elites with acid rain... so I still don't see what you're getting at this is an mp10 focussed build. Next time read beter, this time GTFO.
Reply Quote
very interested in ur build as i can port over almost all of my wiz gear, just need to get zuni stuff
the one thing im not sure im understanding is it that i need do i need 2000 loh
or is it for example
1000 loh x 2.0 aps = 2000loh
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 11/15/2012 12:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
yea but im recommending to keep your loh still above 1500 and greater then 2000 in the format you've checked it against, this is because acid rain usuallly ~5k heal with at least 1500 loh, and attack speed wont effect how many acid rains you can put out, but will help loh through more rain of toads; nevertheless its nice to have acid rain still be a big !@# heal for use when needed.
Reply Quote
updated with a new variant I've been using
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]