Diablo® III

lets talk manti vs high end yellow

so im doing dps calculations on

high end mantis 2sock, ias, dex, cd 800-1350
vs

yellow 2hxbow 1100-1700 sock+cd dex

i ran the dps calcs and the yellow is ahead/about even

sound right?

what should i be looking at for endgame?
3B for a manti or 350m-1B for the yellow ...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
the yellow can be physical, the manti has a large proportion of damage from poison

there are advanatges to physical damage weapons due to +x% as [element] affixes
Edited by zoid#1554 on 11/14/2012 8:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
so im doing dps calculations on

high end mantis 2sock, ias, dex, cd 800-1350
vs

yellow 2hxbow 1100-1700 sock+cd dex

i ran the dps calcs and the yellow is ahead/about even

sound right?

what should i be looking at for endgame?
3B for a manti or 350m-1B for the yellow ...

If you find a 1700dps, socket, 200+dex, 100+cd yellow crossbow, it will do more dps than the perfect 2 socket manticore. I'm 100% sure that all the rich DHs will pay whatever you ask for it. A bow like that will not cost you just 350m-1B, it will be 100+B or whatever you can fit in the trade window.
Reply Quote
End of the day the spreadsheet will tell you which one gives you more DPS. Yellows can compete with and even outperform most Manticores if rolled properly, I'm talking 1400, 1500+ dps Xbows or 1300+ dps bows with good cd rolls and of course a socket, and dex is a nice bonus.

You definitely don't want to forget that yellow bows exist, they tend to be underpriced because most people have Manticore fever and don't use spreadsheets. For most Manticores on the AH at any one time you can probably do a bit of hunting and find an equivalent dps rare for like half to two thirds of the price.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 11/14/2012 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]