Diablo® III

Which is good build for

grinding paragon level fast?
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Rice
grinding paragon level fast?

Roll a Barb.. oh wait.. you have 1 already at max pLevel. ;)

Anyways. depending on gear, but its generally..

Ball Lightning, Hungering, Bat Comp, Vault - Acro/Tumble.

Other skills might be Cluster for quick elite kills, Multishot for Discipline or quick area clearing.

Tactical Advantage, Vengeance, Steady/Archery.
Reply Quote
I would recommend Multishot with Fire at Will over Ball Lightning. Killing elites may be a bit slower, but the speed gain over clearing white mobs definitely makes it superior. I'm able to hit an average of 50xp/hr on mp3, and up to 55xp/hr on a run with favorable shines, and that's without legacy Nat's.
Reply Quote
I've used the builds listed above, and there's a reason they're often recommended. They're good builds, you really can't go wrong using them. It would help if we could see your gear though, as your DH currently appears to be running naked, but the builds above work for pretty much everyone ;)

I've found that I personally am a bit faster (and have the most fun) using this for MP0 or MP1 solo runs:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aSgehd!ZXb!ccYcZb

It helps to have at least 5 pickup radius, and around 45% crit helps for Nightstalker. You also probably don't want to be too glassy as it's fastest if you're able to plow bodily through mob packs; Shuriken cloud takes advantage of this as well. Vault breaks jailer, does not break Strafe, and the TA bonus applies while Strafing.

Strafe on its own is pretty lackluster for damage, but the grenades the Demolition rune fires autotarget, they don't fire into random empty space (you can see this clearly if you're strafing past a single enemy such as a Goblin, a steady stream of very quickly fired grenades all going to the same place). The only time they'll really miss is when you're dealing with just one or two very fast moving mobs in which case HA or Bola are going to be better, as the grenades fire where the enemy is, not where he is going to be ;) Other than that, I might as well not have a primary bound.

I like being able to be on the move constantly without stutter stepping to maximize forward momentum which for me gets very old after a long farming period. So it's probably fair to say that I like this build because I am lazy.

I earn about 47 million exp/hr using a variation on the Alkaizer route, which I'm reasonably happy with at my current dps and movement speed.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 11/14/2012 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 11:20 AMPosted by tangerines
I would recommend Multishot with Fire at Will over Ball Lightning. Killing elites may be a bit slower, but the speed gain over clearing white mobs definitely makes it superior. I'm able to hit an average of 50xp/hr on mp3, and up to 55xp/hr on a run with favorable shines, and that's without legacy Nat's.

I agree completely with the Multishot suggestion. I run Bola - Volatile Explosion for elites and when I run low on hatred against white mobs. Multishot - Fire at Will for the huge white mob crowds. I love Ball Lightning and use to use it all the time, but find it moves too slow and increases the time to complete exp runs. Still Hungering Arrow and Ball Lightning is a very good way to go.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 11/14/2012 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
with MP1 not much goes "behind you" and Multishot is a great skill to use with the SUPRESSION FIRE rune. This keeps your DISC up for heavy vaulting.

I do not agree with BOLA to be run. Way to slow for grinding and fast runs as it takes too long for them to explode. Strafe works really well against MP1 mobs and I use the shadow rune with it as I get the 100% movement speed vs 75% with no rune or the other runes. I still would take hungering over bola any day if you have good ASI/CC so you can crit and do damage to other enemies nearby. That is just my personal pref.

Ball Lightning very slow.

Probably duplicated from above but my choices for active skills:

Hungering/Teeth
Strafe/Shadow OR CA/LFB
ShadowPower/Gloom
Vault/Tumble
Companion/Bat
Preparation/Backup or Spiked-Traps/Echoing

Passives Arch/Vengeance/Tactical for best MP1 grinding

There ya go..... super fast way to churn in MP1 land. If you find you don't need preparation/backup I'd def go with spiked-traps/echoing that works gret on elites to quickly kill 'em and move onto the next pack.
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 11/14/2012 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks everyone for the awesome advices!
I really appreciated :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]