Diablo® III

Imperious diablo's ally

I believe in the expansion that imperious will be the bad guy his treachery is eluded to in act 4, the enchantress says "isn't it curious imperious didn't think to seal the hell rifts" and when you find him he's not entering the pinnacle of heaven but standing at it's entrance with a guard unit seemingly guarding diablo's rear he is even willing to fight you rather then diablo even though the situation is highly time sensitive, it is even mentioned that diablo defeated imperious easily which might mean he threw the fight. Lastly the aspect of wisdom was the former leader of the counsel and only after loosing his mind was he replaced by imperious aspect of valor which is oddly close to pride which is a 7 deadly sin and tyreal mentions he has to much pride.

Potentially important but not sure imperious is the only arch angel to wear a helm not a hood, hiding his horns maybe :)
Reply Quote
this is making sense to me.

IMPERIOUS BOSS FIGHT & NECROMANCER FOR D3 EXPANSION
Reply Quote
nah, hez just loco.
Reply Quote
another attempt to make sense of the nonsense that is the story of D3.

Its just Bad writing. They didn't care about the Character of any of the Characters.
they didn't care about the story.
They only cared about the RMAH and their cut.
Reply Quote
Well every game does need to make money, the employees do need to be paid so I never understood why people complain about that, you wouldn't work for free. Also pretty sure there is a story to the game it's how an expansion can shoot off (which will make them more $$), and if you dont like the game why are you playing it and trolling it's forums I'm sure there is a better use of your time.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Sin
and if you dont like the game why are you playing it and trolling it's forums I'm sure there is a better use of your time.

<twirls finger around head and points at people>
Reply Quote
50 Pandaren Monk
I would love to see Imperious become the villian now that the evils have "fallen" . I felt like it was heavily foreshadowed that Imperious was going to fall or take dictatorship over the heavens . Might be cool to see him act like a jail guard to the evils and then taking things too far into becoming a lawfully good overlord of hell or heaven
Reply Quote
I like the idea that Chris proposed, in that Imperius was once a demon. That could easily play a part in the expansion; him being torn between Heaven and Hell.
Reply Quote
well it does say valor will turn to vengeance in the whole story about justice falling to men and stuff so probly
Reply Quote
Maybe imperious will be evil, Adria and the other evils like baal and Mephisto seem more likely to me, after all the black soul stone is seen plummeting at the end from diablo's body
Reply Quote
I don't think Imperious is evil as much as overly protective of heaven to the point of, after many millennia of defending it, being over zealous, that he see's anything "evil and in need of purging". Maybe he might lose it and attack Sanctuary, but I highly doubt he's in league with Hell

I think Maelthal might be evil however, seeing as he seems to be described as an angel of death with spiked black armor and scythes with a cold voice. Not to mention wise characters are often the most deceptive in stories i.e. Decard Cain. He was the village elder but at the end of D1 he revealed himself to be from a linage of sorcerous demon hunters. Lazarus and Adria as well
Reply Quote
trur DAn but don't forget what tyrel said that those who fight evil for to long become evil, as is the case with kule
Reply Quote
imperius is just falling to his vane weakness, all of them have weaknesses. he is sorta like a Call of Duty player, one of the 12-13 year old boys talking smack, all on their high horse, and anything that gets in the way of his Rightful victories are going to have a bit of a scuffle.

One thing you also need to know, the angels are not like the christian angels. they are merely a symbol of Good. christians heaven is not the same thing as this heaven

same with the prime evils, they are merely a symbol of bad, or what tyreal wants us to believe hell is not the same thing as christian hell neither.

They also both wanted the Nephilum gone, our heroes. and the people of sanctuary. To us they both could be bad, they just have different motives to cause the bad things to us. One could seem like a good motive the other could seem like a bad motive. one thing that is common is the causation, killing the nephilum

tyreal came to our defence a few times, and we returned the favor by helping fight the deamons back to this games "hell" The story made perfect since for what happend. all we know right now is Adria is not dead.

Read the book of cain
Reply Quote
87 Human Mage
You are silly man, in the sequel Magda comes back to kill Diablo, but first she has to ressurect Diablo in order to kill him.
Reply Quote
Imperius kinda struck me as the "over-zealous but thinks he's doing God's work" type of character. I'm not so sure he has potential to become a villain.

Also, do we even know if he still lives? Last time we saw him he got his !@# floored when Diablo started putting out the light or whatever in the Silver Spire.
Then during the battle with big D he does his whole "this wretched light must be eradicated" thingy--what was that? Did that mean he put out the light after all? in which case, Imperius should be dead, right? Along with all other angels, at least those in the blast radius.

However what I'd like to have in the expansion is revenge on Adria.
Reply Quote
Imperius kinda struck me as the "over-zealous but thinks he's doing God's work" type of character. I'm not so sure he has potential to become a villain.

Also, do we even know if he still lives? Last time we saw him he got his !@# floored when Diablo started putting out the light or whatever in the Silver Spire.
Then during the battle with big D he does his whole "this wretched light must be eradicated" thingy--what was that? Did that mean he put out the light after all? in which case, Imperius should be dead, right? Along with all other angels, at least those in the blast radius.

However what I'd like to have in the expansion is revenge on Adria.

I think this is probably gonna be the point of this expansion. But I hope she finds that black soulstone and releases everyone.

I want !@#$ to be goin ham. Baal, Mephisto, Diablo, the lessers.

I want to kill some wild eyed 8 foot tall maniacs that want to tap the back of my favorite head against a barroom wall and ask me if I've paid my dues.

Did Diablos spider ever show up? If not, I want to kill his %^- cause I don't like spiders.

All I know is the *!@# better have ZERO downtime. Like I said goin HAM!!!
Reply Quote
How does this sound? ...
Diablo 4: War with Heaven
Reply Quote
How does this sound? ...

horrible
Reply Quote
How does this sound? ...

horrible

What if the angels decide to exterminate humanity. Would we have a choice? Imperious is probably angry and humiliated, and will be out for blood.
Reply Quote
Imperius was a boss fight at one stage, we found out from datamining, but was cut from the final game as we can see, Diablo 3 was pretty rushed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]