Diablo® III

Archon wizard build ???

I am going to be hitting 60 on my wiz tonight I play a barb ww build, I got a decent chunk saved to spend on some gear, I know there are variations of the build and a few options, the one that looks most appealing is the Archon build, pure dps pretty much over the perma-freeze that seems a bit boring.

My question is if someone could please help me out and do me the favor of maybe running down a quick list of what items are wanted for each slot?

For intsance ( whats the best 1h and offhand ) since i see slorak/1h axes/occulus/trim/etcetc

And what armor pieces are best for helm/belt/chest/shoulders?

If someone could please reply with some help I would really appreciate it alot!
Reply Quote
I don't know what kind of budget you're looking at, but my profile should give you a decent idea of what a mid-level archon might shoot for gear-wise.

(Nevermind it showing a funny spec, the gear is my archon gear)

Since archon gains no special benefit from any particular stat (such as CM wiz benefiting from crit and attack speed) you just stack whatever gives you the most damage, pretty much.
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 11/15/2012 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Life Steal Skorn.

Maximize CC and CHD on top of Int and Defense affixes.

Get 24% move speed from some combination of boots, Inna's pants, and Lacuni bracers.

Otherwise, refer here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037930
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Ammostiel
Life Steal Skorn.

A good option. A "black" rare mainhand + triumvirate can achieve higher damage, but with lower life leech. Neither choice is wrong, and the damage of a good skorn is certainly nothing to sneeze at.

LL skorn will cost you a pretty penny though.
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 11/15/2012 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
I litterly JUST sold my 5.60 ls / 175 % crit dmg / skorn lmao, like 2 hours ago, sigh.... for 75 million to ... whats a "Black" rare mainhand ? ANd is a Archon build viable for mp1-3 ? Or is CM just so amazing theres no point?
Reply Quote
Archon is much much better than CM on low MP settings. CM is good on high MP settings.

A "black" weapon is one that has +min/+max instead of +x-y fire damage (or poison or cold, etc). The portrait of the weapon has a black background instead of one colored to indicate an elemental damage type.

Triumvirate (all +% elemental items) give a bigger benefit with a black weapon.
Reply Quote
I don't understand it? If triumvirate gives a % to all elemental dmg types, wouldn't you want a elemental weapon dmg type? It would increase it would it not ?
Reply Quote
The wording is confusing, but what +% elemental does is add elemental damage based on your physical damage.
Reply Quote
Oh ok thanks man , so is an echoing fury decent though ? with socket for crit dmg ?
Reply Quote
Also i see people using Mempo's on diablo progress ? What is the point there seems like alot better helms for wiz's ? Attack speed matter? I don't see how attack speed factors in with archon even a andys would be better no ?
Reply Quote
The butchers sic seems decent no ? Lifesteal/Critdmg/Intel/Socket
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Lithic
Oh ok thanks man , so is an echoing fury decent though ? with socket for crit dmg ?

Yes echoing fury is a good archon weapon, preferably one with life leech. The best possible is a rare though.

11/15/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Lithic
Also i see people using Mempo's on diablo progress ? What is the point there seems like alot better helms for wiz's ? Attack speed matter? I don't see how attack speed factors in with archon even a andys would be better no ?

For pure damage andy's is better than mempo (unless it is a crit mempo), but mempo gives a huge amount of EHP compared to andy's. You don't need to be a complete tank with archon like you do with critical mass, but you do need a decent chunk of EHP, and mempo is a pretty nice place to get it.
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 11/15/2012 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
What is the all resist I should shoot for unbuffed from archon?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]