Diablo® III

Anyone using hardened evasive fire?

I know in the ptr people were praising it then they nerfed it to half. Just wanna hear some thoughts on it. Trying to find something in my 6th slot. Right now I'm using hall of knives not stun grenades which is nice cuz I use a cold damage SOJ and slows them.
Reply Quote
Tried it. Clearing is just too slow with a single target hatred generator. The only EF rune worth anything in my opinion is covering fire which is honestly great except for situations where you get fast mobs or a lot of teleporters and you absolutely have to tank. In those cases you're burning disc too fast for gloom, works fine lower mp but I can't stand it higher mp levels.

I switched to Bola and I prefer it. I still use EF for lower MP paraleveling though and if I were to use EF on higher MP levels I would use hardened. Between hardened and sentry you really can tank well, but bola stun rune is also pretty nice for stun lock effect to mitigate damage.
Reply Quote
Tried it. Clearing is just too slow with a single target hatred generator. The only EF rune worth anything in my opinion is covering fire which is honestly great except for situations where you get fast mobs or a lot of teleporters and you absolutely have to tank. In those cases you're burning disc too fast for gloom, works fine lower mp but I can't stand it higher mp levels.

I switched to Bola and I prefer it. I still use EF for lower MP paraleveling though and if I were to use EF on higher MP levels I would use hardened. Between hardened and sentry you really can tank well, but bola stun rune is also pretty nice for stun lock effect to mitigate damage.

Im a big fan of EF - Covering Fire myself =)

I use it for low mp farming and paragon leveling. Dont you just wish there was no backflip on it. Would hands down be the best skill to use. Except when your fighting Ubers though. I always switch to Bola for the stun.
Reply Quote

Im a big fan of EF - Covering Fire myself =)

I use it for low mp farming and paragon leveling. Dont you just wish there was no backflip on it. Would hands down be the best skill to use. Except when your fighting Ubers though. I always switch to Bola for the stun.

Yeah, I used to actually like the backflip, and honestly I don't mind it for lower MP levels because it rarely triggers and when it does it is often useful. But for higher mp levels and fast mobs it just completely screws you, mobs get on you, backflip triggers repeatedly and you're out of disc. Against lower levels and lower hp mobs that's fine because the attack speed increase burns them down, but higher hp and mp levels mobs end up killing me.
Reply Quote
Love covering fire. Tried other builds, keep going back. Impale works perfectly for those times you just wanna hack your way out of the pocket or cut down that one goblin that slipped through, without burning discipline from the backflip.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]