Diablo® III

Inherited $40M: what to upgrade?

A friend of mine offered to loan me $40M to try and upgrade my DPS
what's my best bang for the buck? Buy 1 or 2 really nice items or try and get 4 or 5?
What should I target first?
I was thinking
1. Witching Hour
2. Zuni Armor
3. Pants - Innas or Blackthornes
If I go blackthorns should I then look to get Lacunis?
4. Zuni Pox (want to get my hellfire first)
5. Weapon (just not sure what route to go for an upgrade...don't want to go 2H though)
6. Zuni helm or boots
7. Something else?

I know I won't be able to get everything now, just not sure what to focus on

Also would it be worth it to get a radiant star gem for my weapon or is that something I should do after a gear upgrade?
Reply Quote
Your ToTD would be the first place I'd look.

If you're going Zunis, you should consider getting the set for the bonuses.
Although you have good resists and mana regen already. That's a nice Visage.

If you upgrade your weapon, you need life gain on it unless you switch your rings/amulet.
Reply Quote
My suggestion:

Chest: Zunni Chest are fairly cheap now and since they roll 3OS vit int and AR, it would be a huge upgrade.

Shoulders: Vile ward or some other should with AR, Phys resist and PUR is a plus.

Rings: Get something with CC & CD with good INT and LOH if you decide to swap out your weapon for something with no LOH.

and um GEMS!!

I do have some freebie gears if you need, add me recount#1901. I'm at work now so I wont be available till later tonight.
Reply Quote
My suggestion:

Chest: Zunni Chest are fairly cheap now and since they roll 3OS vit int and AR, it would be a huge upgrade.

Shoulders: Vile ward or some other should with AR, Phys resist and PUR is a plus.

Rings: Get something with CC & CD with good INT and LOH if you decide to swap out your weapon for something with no LOH.

and um GEMS!!

I do have some freebie gears if you need, add me recount#1901. I'm at work now so I wont be available till later tonight.

Thanks man...ill add you next time I get on

Trying to get myself a hellfire so I'm putting rings off until I see what I roll
But Ill definitely target the Zuni Armor
Are the Vile Wards really worth the money though?

Yeah I know I need to improve gems too...just wasn't sure if I should focus on gear first
Reply Quote
You will get the most substantial gains by investing in a new weapon and offhand. It doesnt have to be all of the 40m but even like 5 mil for the offhand and 5-15 mil on the mainhand would be a huge upgrade.

Vile wards are worth money, especially since starter ones are only like 500k-1mil now. Keep in mind that having 300 life regen is like having 9 vitality/sec and the armor/all resist provides a lot of eHP.

Zuni set is great option as well. After getting your mh/oh upgraded go for a piece or two of zuni. Chest/boots are good to start.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]