Diablo® III

Why do people post PC's anymore?

With Blizzard's search for similar item feature I figured price checks would be obsolete now, unless it's that ultra awesome rolls item that doesn't have comparables on the AH.

If people are posting it just to show off or to actually gain interest/selling it, they should say that :P
Reply Quote
I think the search for similar item for legendary and set items only search for the name and not inserting any of the parameters?

Or is that just happening to me?
Reply Quote
Yeah it just searches the name but you can add in the parameters to it manually. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.
Reply Quote
i think its a mixture of both wanting to gauge the market (ah) price and overall demand. personally i've found it quicker to sell stuff on the forums with the added incentive of the 15% tax savings. obviously there is inherent risk involved not selling through AH...

in a nutshell, PC = WTS
Reply Quote
Sloth.
Reply Quote
Many reasons.

1. AH pricing is all over the place, and in most cases overpriced.
2. Search for similar often brings up little to no results.
3. They are trying to drum up interest

IE.
If i "search for similar" and use my belt, bracers, amulet or gloves, i wont find a single item on the AH.
Even after removing some stats, i STILL cant find anyhting.

Personally i think the amount of items on the market is shrinking pretty fast. I mean none of my items i listed are super duper godly. Yet there is nothing on the AH comparable.
Edited by Xarkar#1840 on 11/16/2012 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Many reasons.

1. AH pricing is all over the place, and in most cases overpriced.
2. Search for similar often brings up little to no results.
3. They are trying to drum up interest

IE.
If i "search for similar" and use my belt, bracers, amulet or gloves, i wont find a single item on the AH.
Even after removing some stats, i STILL cant find anyhting.

Personally i think the amount of items on the market is shrinking pretty fast. I mean none of my items i listed are super duper godly. Yet there is nothing on the AH comparable.

This is because you, like many others, have no clue how to use the AH to price check. For this reason they reach out on forums or in chat hoping that someone friendly and competent will go to AH and pc the item for them.

You can always search for similar items if you know what values to input. You can't include things like partial dex rolls and lightning resist when comparing an item with high strength and other meaningful stats like vitality and all resist. You also have to lower the value to see other items that might not have as much all resist as your item but have way more armor or primary stat or something that compensates to make it a comparable purchase.

It also doesnt matter that AH pricing is all over the place. The only price that matters is that of the cheapest alternative comparable item or the price of an item that is a bit better or worse but is at a really good deal. No one buys the second cheapest comparable item, they get the cheapest. Also it helps to look at both the buyouts and the bids that are about to end to get a good feel for the current demand.
Reply Quote
The search for similar items is worthless IMO. It only shows items that are currently available (I.E. have not sold). This could be cause they are over priced. I wish I could see the average of what the last few similar items sold for (like gems). Asking for a PC is annoying (since it is overused), but more accurate as long as you get someone helpful.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 11:17 AMPosted by AnimalMother
Asking for a PC is annoying (since it is overused), but more accurate as long as you get someone helpful.

All you are getting is someone who actually knows how to use the AH. The search for similar items is just to get you started. You then have to delete the unwanted affix and reduce the values on the good ones. If you look at the cheapest buyouts for similar items, as well as what similar items with bids just about to run out are going for then it is simple to obtain a value for the item that is not overpriced and will likely sell.
Edited by Stil#1181 on 11/16/2012 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]