Diablo® III

I was just banned using razor macro

It would be great to get a blue post explaining what constitutes an "unfair advantage" when dealing with gaming mice/keyboards
Reply Quote
hes talking about a mechanical keyboard with a 6 kro property/mechanism

it allows u to hold down 3 keys for as long as u want and programs/games will register the key strokes

so u could just hold down 1,2,3
and it would be akin to having a macro do the same job

I don't think all mechanical keyboards can do this. Just tried this on mine (das keyboard), while it will repeat the keys outside of the game, it won't do it in game.
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't use a macro. I am fine spamming the keys. 9 year piano player and long time SC:BW and SC2 player. ~220 SC2 APM, including spam.

I don't buy this "CM spam = hand dmg" argument as a be-all end-all argument. I think it's more complex than that. Specifically, I think the risk doesn't apply to those who have trained properly and developed their hand speed and ergonomic control, etc. If it was true that this type of spamming always leads to hand damage, then necessarily it would also be true that every single BW pro has hand damage -- for every single BW pro spams *MUCH* more than a simple CM wiz playing D3.

tl;dr -- I think the CM spam = dangerous is overplayed, although certainly true nonetheless to a slightly lesser extent. It's not 1-to-1 correlation between spamming keys and getting hand dmg. It can be mitigated entirely provided proper mechanics and development etc

also sry for offtopic

What about disabled ppl? or weak ppl? Not everyone was hardened by years of playing & hearty like you. I weight like 145 and can do 37 pull ups can u? big tough football players in my HS cant. different stroke for different folks. This is just an ease of access argument not cheating in any way.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/16/2012 10:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wholeheartedly believe that there's more to this story than the OP is telling us. No offense to the OP, but you first say you were using the macro to refresh the AH, then you change your statement later in the thread saying you didn't.

I mean, in reality, if Blizz were to ban for macros, more than half the wiz player base would be gone in one fell swoop. The sad fact is that the game is close to dead; are they really going to cut off more limbs over a macro such as this?

Furthermore, through all the reading I've done on this matter in the last few hours suggests that the Warden won't/can't/doesn't/isn't able to detect a macro of this sort.

Add in the fact that the blues will not agree to or deny the fact that a macro such as the OP's is grounds to be banned. They will always refer you to the TOS and leave everything up to individual interpretation.

And, the fact that they sell a licensed product that accomplishes what the OP is stating he/she was banned for is suspicious.

There's something missing from this thread, and without that fact(s), it's hard to believe.
Edited by Addicted#1627 on 11/16/2012 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
hes talking about a mechanical keyboard with a 6 kro property/mechanism

it allows u to hold down 3 keys for as long as u want and programs/games will register the key strokes

so u could just hold down 1,2,3
and it would be akin to having a macro do the same job

I don't think all mechanical keyboards can do this. Just tried this on mine (das keyboard), while it will repeat the keys outside of the game, it won't do it in game.

Try ps/2 connection
Reply Quote

Try ps/2 connection

I thought that would solve it as well, but no such luck.
Reply Quote
Bump. Blue post?
Reply Quote
I have been working on a ergonomic project in the past. I can tell you that if you play intensively and regularly, you increase your chance of developing health issue if your playstyle imply to spam key. Since spamming key could lead to health issue in the long term, it will be nice if some people could clearly told us if mouse macro is against the term of use.

Sure it could be considered "automation" according to the dictionary. But, game wise, their is still a human at the command. So it is technically a way to make life easier, and certainly not a bot. Meanwhile, don't take chance with your health : don't spam key more than 5 hour in a row without taking a break. Even a very short one!

Have fun, see you in game. :)
Edited by Guybrush#2456 on 11/17/2012 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
I play with a Stronghold 3 Mouse and a Stronghold 3 Keyboard. Plain tools for a plain game and no risk of getting banned =)
Reply Quote
imagine if you lost your arm and you couldnt use both keyboard and a mouse. Looks like we have a discrimination case here
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:45 PMPosted by s8a8i14
imagine if you lost your arm and you couldnt use both keyboard and a mouse. Looks like we have a discrimination case here

Unfortunately I don't need to imagine
I am disabled for everyones info

Best I can do is left and right click with right hand
Plus one key at a time while looking at the keyboard with left hand =.=

My whole left side is numb, can't feel anything
My right hand is not as bad but still not good

Caused by radiation scarring from treatment of tumor in neck

Then everyone ask my wiz to perma freeze....
It's not possible, I can't physically do it

I believe Blizzard should allow special cases to use macro software to enjoy D3 a little bit more
Or a handicap system

Just my 2 cents
Reply Quote
I have not read the entire thread, but I think it is the fact he used the macro to spam faster than a human giving an unfair advantage. just my 2 cents
Reply Quote
Even with gg aps and crit most players can still tap 1,2,3 faster than their spells refresh per second, so a macro doesn't offer any inhuman advantage 99% of the time. It simply makes the build tolerable on the hands, which isn't an unfair advantage imo.

Spell/ability macros should be publicly supported by Blizzard, its obvious their paying player-base wants the option. At a minimum the devs could code their own spell macro tool within the game.

And macro'd gear swaps (the other common macro) do nothing more than save players time. Blizz should implement quick gear swap tabs already, its pretty obvious the players would embrace it.
Reply Quote
If u really want blues to see this, request sticky, report, or bump forever on general forums.
Reply Quote
blue
Reply Quote

I weight like 145 and can do 37 pull ups can u? big tough football players in my HS cant.

Pics or gtfo.
Reply Quote
blue
Reply Quote
Ok guys I'd thought I' throw in my few cents on this.

Seems to me that he got banned for messing with the AH. I know a poster awhile back messing with AH, that's instant ban material, and he was banned with out remorse.

We know for a fact that blizzard bans in waves. They even had a recent post that they banned a bunch of players for using some sort of map hack.

If they are banning for mouse macros or auto keyboards there would be lots of posters (LOTS!!) complaining right now on the boards that they got banned for user DeathAdders/G500 etc. etc.

There are thousands of player using automation in mouse/keyboards and NOT ONE!? of them post about being banned besides the OP???

If you are messing with the auction house that's instant BAN. (money involved)

The OP stated that he used a DeathAdder AND was doing something scrupulous with the AH (claiming that he used fingers)

Then he goes on to say that he is not sure why he is banned??

To me it sounds like he exploited the AH and that he wasn't sure if it was that or his DeathAdder that caused the ban.

He is not 100% sure if his AH hack was 100% the cause so he is posting here to make sure that it is not his DeathAdder. That way he can warn his buddies and others to avoid being banned for their AH software.

OP if it is your DeathAdder, the forums would be a nightmare with hundreds posters complaining and whining that they were banned cause of atuomation.

Whatever you have been doing in the AH is in breach of Blizzard.
Reply Quote
OP if it is your DeathAdder, the forums would be a nightmare with hundreds posters complaining and whining that they were banned cause of atuomation.

Whatever you have been doing in the AH is in breach of Blizzard.

Perhaps he is not innocent... But perhaps he is. Whatever he did to get banned, or even if it is a total fake, is irrelevant. The question still stand.

Do mouse macro are allowed?
It is easy to answer if you set the rule. So I am with the community when they asked a clear answer from the people in charge. It is more healthy for everyone.

It would be a non-sense imho to disallow it since diablo III mouse support that kind of macro. Like most of the people in the thread, I am not totaly sure of the answer. I believe mouse macro does not go against the term of use though.

Have fun, see you in game. :)
Edited by Guybrush#2456 on 11/18/2012 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I dont think they like it.
\
Our autohotkey script thread was deleted here are remnants

http://imap.ns2.threadmeters.com/diablo3/d-2Mbr/sharing_autohotkey_script_for_cmww/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]