Diablo® III

I was just banned using razor macro

Call me traditional......but why not just play the game how it was intended? Button mashing.

Macros, special gaming mouses.......all too fancy for me.
Reply Quote
cuz some ppl are disabled or about to be.

input method should not matter whatsoever. it's an ease of access argument not a cheating. ur NOT gaining an unfair advantage or anything.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/18/2012 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Has someone started a thread to collect everyone's petition for a blue to respond on this issue? I think if account banning is at stake here, it is worth a clear answer from Blizzard.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7178927974

Looks like someone started one (sorta). Maybe with enough likes and sticky requests we can persuade Blizz to start supporting skill/spell macros. Its not an unfair advantage if supported.
Reply Quote
absolutely!
11/18/2012 12:05 AMPosted by jimmytim
imagine if you lost your arm and you couldnt use both keyboard and a mouse. Looks like we have a discrimination case here

Unfortunately I don't need to imagine
I am disabled for everyones info

Best I can do is left and right click with right hand
Plus one key at a time while looking at the keyboard with left hand =.=

My whole left side is numb, can't feel anything
My right hand is not as bad but still not good

Caused by radiation scarring from treatment of tumor in neck

Then everyone ask my wiz to perma freeze....
It's not possible, I can't physically do it

I believe Blizzard should allow special cases to use macro software to enjoy D3 a little bit more
Or a handicap system

Just my 2 cents
Reply Quote
whats really stupid, is the fact that they have said the diablo 3 mouse does support macros...........and can be used with the game

call me crazy but i smell corporate greed at its lowest here...........ban me for not using your mouse. gg
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
I'm fine with macros not being allowed, can you imagine how boring it would be to control all fights by holding down one key? But what I'm NOT fine with is there not being a viable build for wizards at high MP that doesn't require a keyboard macro to perform well, and not lead quickly to arthritis and carpal tunnel. People are not macroing by choice, it's because there isn't a valid alternative. To ban them for using the only available option is extremely hypocritical of Bliz.
Reply Quote
I think this ban for macro use has gone far enough. I would like to see a blue post regarding setting up the macros "properly" so that people who decides to use them will not get banned. Perhaps a step by step instructions on how to set it up that is considered legal to Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Wow. I was a little harsh with Aph back on page 2. Think i was just pissed from AH flippers at the time.
Reply Quote
Razor has the potential to automate your character and always has. Game designers know this and most online games since 20 years ago block or ban razor users. Though the code you used only pushed 3 keys I believe it's the program you're using that got you banned. Keyboard or mouse macros can only put button presses out whereas razor can record a walking motion or mouse movements and loop them.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 02:20 PMPosted by KillerElite
Wow. I was a little harsh with Aph back on page 2. Think i was just pissed from AH flippers at the time.

Haha that was YOU>? I still don't think it was the macro.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Aphraell
I still don't think it was the macro.

It's not exactly the macro but it's the program. You cannot use any 3rd party software which automates your character. Razor is a 3rd party program which can automate your character, despite how you choose to use it. They do a simple check and see if you're running it if they receive suspicion.

It could be something even more complex. With razor you can set several different functions and even a simple 1-2-3 macro might contain mouse movement or internal commands that are specifically not allowed regardless of the outcome. This would explain why some players get away with it and others are instantly banned. They're not videotaping you play but merely examining lines of code for something specific. This is how things have worked in all other games.

Simple answer: don't use 3rd party software which is outlined in the ToS. A keyboard or mouse is fine because it does not directly automate or require 3rd party software to function.
Edited by Harrower#1804 on 2/1/2013 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
is anyone using macro mouse for cm wiz and which one?
Reply Quote
One of the reasons I am messing with the build I have now, I don't really care about high mps anymore. I'll go back to button mash for ubers or keys. MP6 is easy thanks to Yoda and his old chant force:). The D3 mouse shouldn't get you banned but I dont feel like dishing out $60 bucks for a mouse right now.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 03:25 PMPosted by yodatoy

I use the razor mamba but do not use any macro functions for the fear of getting banned. Starting to get pain on my wrists and joints on fingers lol
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 03:25 PMPosted by yodatoy

I use the Logitech software (I have a G500, but I think the software works with multiple Logitech mouses). Presses 1 then releases, then 2, then 3, with no delays between, and then repeats while held with a 10 ms delay.
Reply Quote
How about SteelSeries Diablo 3 edition mouse? Which is licensed by Blizzard and will we being banned by using macro from SteelSeries?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]