Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Proc rate for each skill

Thanks. Was wondering what was going on with sacrifice and procs, might try to make provoke work now.
Reply Quote
thank you
Reply Quote
Are you sure Big stinker doesn't return any life on hit? Because I'm almost certain he does
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 12:07 AMPosted by DREAMSHADE
Are you sure Big stinker doesn't return any life on hit? Because I'm almost certain he does

100% certain, tested it. The procs on gargantuan has been removed on 1.0.4 patch
Reply Quote
+1 thankyou
Reply Quote
It's funny I came to this section to figure out why RD has been ##%@#@#@@* my face, It's because my skills have almost no proc rate. I thought 600 +/- complimented by LL would be enough to take a pack down quickly. Looks like it's either a new build or I'm back to kiting.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Pindleskin
It's funny I came to this section to figure out why RD has been ##%@#@#@@* my face, It's because my skills have almost no proc rate. I thought 600 +/- complimented by LL would be enough to take a pack down quickly. Looks like it's either a new build or I'm back to kiting.

If you use Acid Rain and RoT, even 400 LOH would be adequate to take on RD mobs up to mp3. Lifesteal is mandatory when using another build that doesn't have high proc rates
Edited by PlonX#6752 on 11/19/2012 12:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bump!
Thank you for sharing your proc findings.
Reply Quote
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Sticky requested!
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 08:42 PMPosted by PlonX
On the contrary to what people believe, i found Acid Clouds and it's runes stack, but only for about 2 cast, because i see a some tick that's more than 100% on the DoT sometimes after multiple casts, but it's just for a few seconds after the initial cast, still not recommended to cast acid cloud repeatedly

Since I've been spamming acid cloud all over the place since 1.0.4, I was doubting that only 2 casts stack.
So yesterday evening, I striped my WD of every gear, and equipped her with only a white dagger with AS of 1.8, and a ring with 100 LoH.
On a single target zombie, I spam the acid cloud and let it rest so that I can see the return on the DoT without initial cast interfering.
The results:
- Acid rain gets me 800 life per second (4 clouds stacked)
- Slow burn gets me 600+ life per second (more than 5/6 clouds stacked)
- Lob blob bomb gets me only 100 life per second with the 3 blobs out.

So in a nutshell: Acid rain and slow burn do stack proc without limit . Lob Blob Bomb stack up to 3 blobs, but the blobs do not stack proc: they only increase the range of the proc.
Edited by ZeMickey#2613 on 11/22/2012 1:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 01:48 AMPosted by ZeMickey
On the contrary to what people believe, i found Acid Clouds and it's runes stack, but only for about 2 cast, because i see a some tick that's more than 100% on the DoT sometimes after multiple casts, but it's just for a few seconds after the initial cast, still not recommended to cast acid cloud repeatedly

Since I've been spamming acid cloud all over the place since 1.0.4, I was doubting that only 2 casts stack.
So yesterday evening, I striped my WD of every gear, and equipped her with only a white dagger with AS of 1.8, and a ring with 100 LoH.
On a single target zombie, I spam the acid cloud and let it rest so that I can see the return on the DoT without initial cast interfering.
The results:
- Acid rain gets me 800 life per second (4 clouds stacked)
- Slow burn gets me 600+ life per second (more than 5/6 clouds stacked)
- Lob blob bomb gets me only 100 life per second with the 3 blobs out.

So in a nutshell: Acid rain and slow burn do stack proc without limit . Lob Blob Bomb stack up to 3 blobs, but the blobs do not stack proc: they only increase the range of the proc.

Nice discovery man, but you got 1 thing wrong, the blob do stack, because for one blob you will only get 33 life. you got 100 because the 3 blob stack, re-check with my first data to confirm.

Actually, testing acid cloud is difficult, which is why i never got an accurate data. So, you're sure about this data? I'll put it in the first page if u are sure about this, so everyone can see.

Then, the conclusion is, all runes of acid rain do stack proc with one another ? (don't know about the damage though)
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 02:28 AMPosted by PlonX
you got 100 because the 3 blob stack, re-check with my first data to confirm.

Oh sorry about that. So then yes, they stack. I might recheck again though.

So, you're sure about this data?

Yes I am! I can't be more accurate than this ^_^
It's actually easier to test with a fast attack speed weapon, in order to have the casts together in a short time frame, and then let the effects cool down and see what's really going on. The numbers I indicated were when I did not cast anything during the previous second.

Then, the conclusion is, all runes of acid rain do stack proc with one another ? (don't know about the damage though)

At least for he runes I tested (acid rain, slow burn, blob), this is a positive: they do stack without limit.
As for the damage, I did not check during the test, but I am quite certain from experience, that it does not stack.
Edited by ZeMickey#2613 on 11/22/2012 6:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 06:28 AMPosted by ZeMickey
you got 100 because the 3 blob stack, re-check with my first data to confirm.

Oh sorry about that. So then yes, they stack. I might recheck again though.

So, you're sure about this data?

Yes I am! I can't be more accurate than this ^_^
It's actually easier to test with a fast attack speed weapon, in order to have the casts together in a short time frame, and then let the effects cool down and see what's really going on. The numbers I indicated were when I did not cast anything during the previous second.

At least for he runes I tested (acid rain, slow burn, blob), this is a positive: they do stack without limit.
As for the damage, I did not check during the test, but I am quite certain from experience, that it does not stack.

Thank you, i have updated the first post, this is an important information.
It'll be great if u are willing to test the other runes, and checking the damage as well if u have the time.
Reply Quote
Just re-tested, damage does not stack on slow burn , acid rain, blobs.
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 03:21 PMPosted by ZeMickey
Just re-tested, damage does not stack on slow burn , acid rain, blobs.

Thanks, i have re-updated the first post.
Reply Quote
Some of these number should be updated for inferno.
For instance
the amount healed from Leeching Beasts will be reduced from 50% to 10% in Inferno mode

This is from the thread of Peter about pets :
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004045226
Edited by ZeMickey#2613 on 11/28/2012 6:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Proc rates doesn't change whatsoever in any difficulty level. Neither is life on hit

Lifesteal is reduced, it is officialy mentioned in the gameplay guide by blizzard

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty#inferno
Reply Quote
There is still something that bugs me...

Since I realized from these calculations that acid rain might be better for LoH proc AND damage, then I switched it main build instead of slow burn. But now,it feels like the stun/freeze does not proc as often.
Thus, I wonder if the proc rates we found out are only for LoH, and not for other skills like "chance to ..."
For example, I doubt that acid rain will have twice the chance to trigger the stun effect of my gear compared to slow burn...

This is difficult to experiment, unless having a gear that bring to 100% "chance to..." .
Reply Quote
There is still something that bugs me...

Since I realized from these calculations that acid rain might be better for LoH proc AND damage, then I switched it main build instead of slow burn. But now,it feels like the stun/freeze does not proc as often.
Thus, I wonder if the proc rates we found out are only for LoH, and not for other skills like "chance to ..."
For example, I doubt that acid rain will have twice the chance to trigger the stun effect of my gear compared to slow burn...

This is difficult to experiment, unless having a gear that bring to 100% "chance to..." .

Like you said it's almost impossible to experiment on. But i have seen some WD proctor build and they all use Acid Rain as their primary proc skill, which makes me believe that it applies to all chance on hit. Without a very high number of the "% chance", the highest factor is still "luck", which in my opinion just might be the case.
Reply Quote
Really really informative post.

I'm stacking lots of CC and CC Acid Rain affixes on gear - 22% added thus far, and with LoH pants (Blackthorne's) and a Skorn and low AS gear set up it's working brilliantly for upto MP3 fast farming.

Sacrificing dogs at elites for full mana pool to spam 12 more acid rains from full fury pot = win.

LOVE the WD after months on DH and Barb...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]